Coach Dickey

CorinthEagle

Coaching is rough business. I remember Mac Brown saying that Dickey was a new and exciting "young" head coach before a UNT vs UT game... Dickey was winning championships and going to bowl games.. then he finds himself fired after a poor season or two... and has to step back to being coordinator at his next job... and now once again unemployed... you have to have amnesia to survive in this business, else it would drive a man nuts. My best goes out to Coach Dickey and I thank him for all he did for us.. I hope he can find a new job soon.

Edited by chrisfisher

Can someone tell me why this girl is my profile picture whenever I post today? Granted she's cute but I had never set a profile pic and today she started showing up on my posts. Just now I've set a new profile pic but she is still showing up.

I don't know how you got that avatar, but here is how to change it...(otherwise PM Harry)...

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58098

As for DD, I am shocked UNM decided to keep the head coach or anyone on that staff from this season, they were horrible. DD will end up some place, he always does.

Edited by NT80

Can someone tell me why this girl is my profile picture whenever I post today? Granted she's cute but I had never set a profile pic and today she started showing up on my posts. Just now I've set a new profile pic but she is still showing up.

lol....before I read your post I was like....dang who is the new girl and then I get into your profile and see that you are 40 and a dude. Total false advertisement.

lol....before I read your post I was like....dang who is the new girl and then I get into your profile and see that you are 40 and a dude. Total false advertisement.

Sorry ... not my doing. I've sent a message to Harry to find out what the issue is. Of course, if I had to pick a picture to be stuck with this would be a good one.

• Upvote 2

I am trying to figure out why we care, the guy hasn't worked here for some time.

Because he brought UNT four straight conference championships, a 25-game conference winning streak, our first bowl game in 41 years and our first bowl victory.

Other than that, not much.

• Upvote 5

A lot of revisionist hate on the board.

DD was fired a season and half after his 4th straight bowl.

Personally I think the SMU win should have given DD one for season or at least let him finish out the year.

But he did fail to upgrade the coaching staff when he was winning and it showed by the 2004 season. If the SBC hadn't been in such disarray we probably wouldn't have made to that last New Orleans Bowl. At the same time if we hadn't gone to that Bowl games Bowers wouldn't have shown the rest of the Belt how to beat the "Buick" offense.

A lot of revisionist hate on the board.

DD was fired a season and half after his 4th straight bowl.

Personally I think the SMU win should have given DD one for season or at least let him finish out the year.

But he did fail to upgrade the coaching staff when he was winning and it showed by the 2004 season. If the SBC hadn't been in such disarray we probably wouldn't have made to that last New Orleans Bowl. At the same time if we hadn't gone to that Bowl games Bowers wouldn't have shown the rest of the Belt how to beat the "Buick" offense.

Like many, I was not a DD guy but I don't wish ill will or loss of a job for anyone. I can only wish him well at his next coaching endeavor because I'm sure he will get one.

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1