Sign in to follow this  
El Paso Eagle

Bryce English

Recommended Posts

I don't have a good feeling about this. Seems like a much more serious break than was originally reported. Complications?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

I don't have a good feeling about this. Seems like a much more serious break than was originally reported. Complications?

I believe those "original reports" weren't from the team but fans trying to compare his injury to others.  Hopefully there's been no complications and this is just part of the process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I believe those "original reports" weren't from the team but fans trying to compare his injury to others.  Hopefully there's been no complications and this is just part of the process. 

https://www.foothealthfacts.org/conditions/bone-healing

Quote

 

How Long Does Bone Healing Take? 

Bone generally takes six to 12 weeks to heal to a significant degree. In general, children's bones heal faster than those of adults. The foot and ankle surgeon will determine when the patient is ready to bear weight on the area. This will depend on the location and severity of the fracture, the type of surgical procedure performed and other considerations.

 

I believe the break was announced a week or two before the season started. That was five months (20 weeks) ago.

Not being critical. But once again, I don't have a good feeling about this.

 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

https://www.foothealthfacts.org/conditions/bone-healing

I believe the break was announced a week or two before the season started. That was five months (20 weeks) ago.

Not being critical. But once again, I don't have a good feeling about this.

 

 

I agree, but I don't think that article is referencing 5'10" 315 lbs defensive linemen.  I hope they are just being careful at this point and that he will be ready to roll in a month.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

https://www.foothealthfacts.org/conditions/bone-healing

I believe the break was announced a week or two before the season started. That was five months (20 weeks) ago.

Not being critical. But once again, I don't have a good feeling about this.

 

 

Agree with your ominous feelings. The eternal optimist part of me is screaming "Abundance of caution!" in my ear. Maybe the guys calling the shots want to keep him off it as long as possible. Just SWAG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I have doubts he will ever see the field.

That is what the "doubting Thomas" part of me is screaming in my other ear! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

I will be pleasantly surprised if he ever plays a snap here.   

Which is why I have been wanting more DL's (interior)  signed during this recruiting period. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Which is why I have been wanting more DL's (interior)  signed during EVERY recruiting period. 

FIFY

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Which is why I have been wanting more DL's (interior)  signed during this recruiting period. 

Or maybe he will see the field and this is why we didn't see more DL's (interior) signed during this recruiting period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Or maybe he will see the field and this is why we didn't see more DL's (interior) signed during this recruiting period.

Keep a happy thought.

I'll try to do the same. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Which is why I have been wanting more DL's (interior)  signed during this recruiting period. 

Unfortunately, the hardest positions to recruit TX HS recruits for are linemen. And now that this state basically plays glorified 7-on-7 at the HS level, those big dudes are getting harder and harder to find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TreeFiddy said:

This is Texas.  He probably has a boot on the other foot as well.

LOL!  Very good, Sir!

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was out of the original boot and could have possibly played in December.  Something else has gone wrong...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way this staff isn't for sure he'll play and not get serious about getting a JUCO DT to fill that void. TBH, they should have either way, but if his career is a wrap it will be a monumental mistake not doing so. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

No way this staff isn't for sure he'll play and not get serious about getting a JUCO DT to fill that void. TBH, they should have either way, but if his career is a wrap it will be a monumental mistake not doing so. 

Unless they consulted the team orthopedist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Keep a happy thought.

I'll try to do the same. 

Krasniqi is now gone as well, this is not shaping up the way we hoped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This ain't good...will he ever suit up for a NT game????? This was a worse break than we were led to believe. That defensive line continues to be questionable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Krasniqi is now gone as well, this is not shaping up the way we hoped. 

Nope. The lack of DL on the roster paired with the lack of what we have coming in for interior DL is concerning. I really don't know what this staff is thinking or doing. The average of average running games we face are going to have heydays vs UNT. 

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this