New helmet for Homecoming!

Marty

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

@UNTLifer I was agreeing with your Oregon comment.

Ahh, got it.  I am a traditionalist and hate the constant changing of uniforms.

1.  OU went all red for the first time and what happened?  Iowa State beat them in Norman.

2.  Turned on Ohio State/Iowa and if I didn't know who Ohio State was playing, I would have guessed Southern Miss.

3.  Ohio State's uniforms against Penn State were horrible.

It is an unnecessary expense.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

43 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Ahh, got it.  I am a traditionalist and hate the constant changing of uniforms.

1.  OU went all red for the first time and what happened?  Iowa State beat them in Norman.

2.  Turned on Ohio State/Iowa and if I didn't know who Ohio State was playing, I would have guessed Southern Miss.

3.  Ohio State's uniforms against Penn State were horrible.

It is an unnecessary expense.

Iowa dominated Ohio State and Iowa was in some terrible unis

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SouthBendGreen said:

Sorry but those of you holding on to a super "old man stick in the mud kids get off my lawn" attitude have to accept it and move on.   

It's not going to go back to the way it used to be.  Just like we now have to accept color rush and ads on NBA uniforms.  

All you need to point to is video of the team getting surprised with the chrome helmets last year.   Whether you like it or not it matters to the players and recruits.  

Those on twitter see it when schools mock up players in the uni's and recruits on visits get to see the swag spread.  There are two massively followed twitter accounts dedicated to uniforms and schools and players tweet at them.  

But we get it...you long for the good old days and wish everyone was like Alabama and Penn State.  

Let's all just accept it and move on.  

Accepting it and moving on doesn't mean I have to like it. 

That being said,  I think our unis have been pretty awesome this year.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

6 hours ago, SouthBendGreen said:

Sorry but those of you holding on to a super "old man stick in the mud kids get off my lawn" attitude have to accept it and move on.   

It's not going to go back to the way it used to be.  Just like we now have to accept color rush and ads on NBA uniforms.  

All you need to point to is video of the team getting surprised with the chrome helmets last year.   Whether you like it or not it matters to the players and recruits.  

Those on twitter see it when schools mock up players in the uni's and recruits on visits get to see the swag spread.  There are two massively followed twitter accounts dedicated to uniforms and schools and players tweet at them.  

But we get it...you long for the good old days and wish everyone was like Alabama and Penn State.  

North Texas doesn't have any "good ol' days" of uni's.....although I'm nostalgic about the flying worm days. All  that any of us old timers have always longed for is a recognizable look that we could stick with for longer than three or four years.  Here is where you can find a history of our helmets. 

http://mghelmets.com/

I can live with changing the color combos and finish as long as we stick with the diving Eagle on the helmet.........or the occasional worm.

my favorites are these.........

north-texas-68-71.gif

north-texas-73-78.gif

north-texas-83-93b.gif

north-texas-15a.gif

north-texas-14b.gif

If I could officially wipe this image out of our list of historical helmets.....I would.

north-texas-98-00.gif

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, SouthBendGreen said:

I'm not so much against some uniform changes, but the wholesale, doesn't even look like your team stuff they come out with now is what drives me crazy.  Is TCU even purple anymore?  Baylor and the glow-in-the-dark basketball uniforms, Oregon's flavor of the week, etc... are ridiculous.

Outside of our gray shirts we sported against SMUt, I have liked our uniforms this year because they have always incorporated our colors and looked like us.  Ohio State's gray mess against Pedophile State was horrendous.  Schools with historical tradition like OU, UT, Nebraska, Ped. State, Alabama, etc... need to leave well enough alone.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

26 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

someone made a mock helmet with the battle flag on it that looked really nice!  if they did that, then i would extremely happy!

This would be pretty cool. If UTSA wasn't already rocking the Texas state shape, I wish we could have Incorporated that first. 

But I've always been a fan of  the (NT) Hunter Green Kind of like the traditional college football style like the letters on OU, Texas Tech, Baylor. 

I still think the SOW is the best thing to ever happen to our uniforms, but I wish we could change out with the NT once or twice a season. 

• Upvote 1

I do like to speculate if we'll see this uniform mindset cycle back into a more traditional culture.

I think some of the values of tradition are forgotten.  I like the idea of walking into Apogee and seeing everyone sporting the same color green.  Wouldn't the football players appreciate a reunion, meeting HOF players that played 20 years ago and take pride in wearing the same design?

I also think it's easier to keep the changes going when you're not really attached to a current uni that's only 1 season old.  Would it be harder to change uniforms if the current design had been honored for 20, 40, or even 50+ years?  At that point it becomes part of your brand/identity.  If it's a winning brand, potential recruits might be honored to wear that uniform.  The other way around, changing uniforms to please the recruits, seems ass backwards to me.

I know about the recruiting value and have accepted it.  But we're still allowed to voice our opinion, right?

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Saw them today and they are 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

you know u want to tell/show us.

39 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

If our resident graphics expert thinks they look good I'm excited

from the highlight i just noticed something on the film.  Look in the middle of the field and watch the  UTSA LB hanging on to our receiver. Dirty Birds!

• Thanks 1