Texas-NorthTexas

westdorm528

Haven't seen a line yet but the Golden Nugget released their 200 games of the year and Texas is the underdog in half their 2014 games.

http://pregame.com/pregame-forums/f/12/t/965376.aspx

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/headlines/20140613-college-football-lines-longhorns-underdogs-it-half-it-s-games-sooners-heavy-favorites-in-all-of-theirs.ece

EDIT check out this comment: * Longhorns open up as underdogs in 6 games this year in Vegas. Last time they were underdogs 6 times in regular season? NEVER.

Sub heading to that article. "Here's a look at the lines for games in which a college area team is playing."

If I was a player or coach for our team and read this article in reference to area teams and no mention was made or our team, it would give me more incentive to win than I have words to describe.

• Upvote 1

Sub heading to that article. "Here's a look at the lines for games in which a college area team is playing."

If I was a player or coach for our team and read this article in reference to area teams and no mention was made or our team, it would give me more incentive to win than I have words to describe.

In the top 200 games that Vegas released early lines on. Obviously Vegas considered none of UNT's games to be in the top 200.

Wanna get mad at Vegas? Join a long line of empty pocketed gamblers.

But there is no slight by the DMN in this article.

I think between -17 to -24...went to both spring games....Texas looked bad..no qbs until the end. over threw,under threw,a few ints..but a few weeks later went up to denton....NT qb's looked even worse...liked their Wr's but Mean Green didn't impress me at all.....key is the Qb play of both teams.. Texas of course is more athletic,bigger and quicker in almost every position..but if they have problems throwing the ball NT can stay with them...if the Denton freshman wins the Texas job we could be in big trouble...also if Gray comes back strong....NT lost a lot but think they will be in the middle of the conf. USA pack...

I think between -17 to -24...went to both spring games....Texas looked bad..no qbs until the end. over threw,under threw,a few ints..but a few weeks later went up to denton....NT qb's looked even worse...liked their Wr's but Mean Green didn't impress me at all.....key is the Qb play of both teams.. Texas of course is more athletic,bigger and quicker in almost every position..but if they have problems throwing the ball NT can stay with them...if the Denton freshman wins the Texas job we could be in big trouble...also if Gray comes back strong....NT lost a lot but think they will be in the middle of the conf. USA pack...

This is ridiculous. Have you checked the stats that our QBs put up at the Spring game? Pretty darn good across the board.

• Downvote 1

This is ridiculous. Have you checked the stats that our QBs put up at the Spring game? Pretty darn good across the board.

Or is it ridiculous that people on here are expecting an unproven QB (pick one, doesn't matter) to be better (some think much better) than the 3 year, bowl MVP QB that just graduated?

Sometimes you need to step away from homerism and take an honest look at the situation.

We are excited UT may be starting a true freshman at QB, but if that same freshman had chosen UNT, we would all be clamoring for him to start and talking about how he was going to lead us to victory (some would even say double digit victory).

I'll be in Austin hoping for the best, but if we manage to keep it less than a 24 point UT victory, manage to slow their running game with good front 7 play, and manage to get fair production from the QB position with 2 or less turnovers by the QB, I'll be estatic. I think that will bode well for conference play.

• Upvote 2

I am assuming you are referring to Heard. I hope he wins the job. That would be ideal for us if he wins the job. Winsows will close and pockets will collapse. That is what we want, him running or throwing ill-informed passes. As for them being bigger, yes they are. I've seen smaller teams beat bigger teams consistently the last 3-4 years. Either way North Texas must go into that game with a killer mentality.

Or is it ridiculous that people on here are expecting an unproven QB (pick one, doesn't matter) to be better (some think much better) than the 3 year, bowl MVP QB that just graduated?

Sometimes you need to step away from homerism and take an honest look at the situation.

We are excited UT may be starting a true freshman at QB, but if that same freshman had chosen UNT, we would all be clamoring for him to start and talking about how he was going to lead us to victory (some would even say double digit victory).

I'll be in Austin hoping for the best, but if we manage to keep it less than a 24 point UT victory, manage to slow their running game with good front 7 play, and manage to get fair production from the QB position with 2 or less turnovers by the QB, I'll be estatic. I think that will bode well for conference play.

He was talking about the spring game, in which our QBs all played well. They made plays and racked up yards. No reason to trash them at all based on that game.

• Downvote 2

He was talking about the spring game, in which our QBs all played well. They made plays and racked up yards. No reason to trash them at all based on that game.

Andrew McNulty 15-for-24, 0 Ints, 217 yards, 1 TD

Josh Greer 10-for-16, 0 Ints, 152 yards, 0 TD

Connor Means 9-for-15, 0 Ints, 125 yards, 1 TD

Josh Cousins 1-for-2, 0 Ints, 8 yards, 0 TDs

If the line is 21 it's only because Vegas is trying to drive up the action.

This is not a game where we stay within 21. The reasons we stayed close to Georgia (D-Linemen, Chancellor and Trice on special teams) are gone. They will run for a LOT of yards and play action will be there all day.

• Upvote 1

I love how people forget that we could have easily flown a kite within Apogee's walls during the Spring Game. That wind was fierce and totally affected our QB's game

UT's dangerous new strategy:

• Upvote 1

Unless there are hurricane force winds or a tornado with wind gusts above 60 I don't want to hear anything about wind being a factor for a Division 1 QB. If you can't throw with or against the wind at this level there is a problem. I am not talking about 1 or 2 throws but the way everyone makes it sound is that the wind caused the bad or errant throws and that is mind blowing. Be realistic please.

• Upvote 1

Yep. Not the same personnel, but same concept was last year at UGA. We held THE best RB when healthy to his lowest output of yards last year when he played a full game. He rushed for 102 yards on 19 carries. That's pretty damn good. Granted their QB, which is a multiple SEC record holder, picked us apart for almost 500 yards.

• Upvote 2

Unless there are hurricane force winds or a tornado with wind gusts above 60 I don't want to hear anything about wind being a factor for a Division 1 QB. If you can't throw with or against the wind at this level there is a problem. I am not talking about 1 or 2 throws but the way everyone makes it sound is that the wind caused the bad or errant throws and that is mind blowing. Be realistic please.

Green team QBs combined for 357 yards and 62.5% completion percentage in high wind. I will take that any game.

I don't get why people are dumping on them for that game. Don't get it at all.

• Upvote 2

Yep. Not the same personnel, but same concept was last year at UGA. We held THE best RB when healthy to his lowest output of yards last year when he played a full game. He rushed for 102 yards on 19 carries. That's pretty damn good. Granted their QB, which is a multiple SEC record holder, picked us apart for almost 500 yards.

Aaron Murray threw for 408 yards in that game (yea almost 500, huh?) Gurley ran for 91 yards on 21 carries -- the following week he was limited to 71 yards (44-41 win over LSU - played whole game) and he had rushing totals of 75, 79 (close loss to Auburn - played whole game), 77 and 86 (bowl game loss - complete game) later in the year. We all know you're bad/lazy at research but wow.

Edited by Keith7
  • Upvote 3