Head Count

emmitt01

Debating because if I go it will be two max three or all 8 of us can cram into a MEAN GREEN Bar on Main St.

Also how about a post happy hour after the tailgate at Fair Park at one of those bars across from the dart line drop.

GMG

I would totally be up for a post game celebration if we are lucky enough to win...

Remember, if this is like any of the New Orleans Bowls, there is a pretty long post game awarding of the trophies and speeches etc...

But I like the concept of us hitting a chosen bar after the game to show our solidarity.

Debating because if I go it will be two max three or all 8 of us can cram into a MEAN GREEN Bar on Main St.

Also how about a post happy hour after the tailgate at Fair Park at one of those bars across from the dart line drop.

GMG

Amsterdam Bar on Exposition is really cool if not Craft & Growler

I am thinking those bars across from the entrance are easily accessible for the fans who ride DART to the game. Grab a brewski celebrate with the GREEN before jumping back on the train!

GMG

My biggest problem is that you said A brewski...I'm down for more than one...can't just have one...

"The DART Green Line train will depart the Fair Park Station at 3:11 p.m. or 30 minutes after the end of the game. With the large number of travelers expected for this game, passengers are encouraged to arrive to the Fair Park Station at least 15 minutes prior to departure to allow ample time to board the departing Green Line train.

Passengers wishing to return to Denton will again transfer at the Trinity Mills Station from the Green Line train and board the DCTA A-train, which is expected to arrive in Denton at approximately 4:42 p.m."

Will this keep those getting the free pass from participating?

So I did some impromptu site visits to three of the four bars outside Fair Park this afternoon, because it is more fun than working:

The Amsterdam Bar - A guy named Frank appeared to be the owner or manager and I loved this place. It has the feel of a Fry Street Bar with heavy wood, tap brews and an assortment of liquors. I told Frank I was looking at a post gathering place for Mean Green fans after the Heart of Dallas Bowl. He was totally open to it and even asked if we were looking for certain or additional liquors to be offered. I shared with him that when in New Orleans our designated bars had a special Mean Green concoction that was offered...I think this bar has outstanding potential and perhaps we could even get some Mean Green décor and flags displayed. However, I am not the Event Coordinator type who speaks "bar." So if someone on this site does feel free to follow up with Frank about potential drink specials, decorations...The Mean Green seed has been planted.

Exposition Park - she (the manager) stated they would be open specifically for the Bowl Game and stated they had the best pizza, beer and liquor around. This was more of a restaurant but all of these bars are practically side by side. This would be good for those that want a bite to eat.

Meridian Room - was not open but I have been there and it too is similar to The Amsterdam but with food. I am sure it will be open for the game and could be another good place for food and drinks.

Craft and Growler - This place was cool and I plan on doing an enormous amount of last minute Christmas shopping here. It was similar to Oak Street Draft House where you order by number but was more modern than the other places and had a store/tasting room/lounge/beer counter feel. It was mid-afternoon and did have its fare share of patrons enjoying an afternoon break, but felt a bit more serious than the others. Definitely cool but newer and modern.

My vote is for us to take over The Amsterdam Bar. Hang a Mean Green flag out front so all can find it easily (the entrance is off the side street but still easy to see from the entrance gates). Get a drink special set up, plant some Mean Green decorations inside and cram as many revelers into the bar as possible. Of course I plan on roaming through all four at some point but we need a Command Center. Now someone just call Frank, speak "Bar," and git'er done:)

On the 31st is the Letterman's Reception Happy Hour at the Owners Box from 6p - 8p open to the public? It is on the Mean Green Heart of Dallas site so I would assume so. However, if not a pre-Tower Club gathering place could be Scotty's Elm St Saloon which is directly across from Thanksgiving Square where Tower Club is located. Three bars within extremely easy walking distance to Tower Club were Scotty's Elm Street Saloon, Stone Street Garden and Campisis. They could all be great watering holes before or after the Tower Club event and the bartender didn't seem to think there would be a cover at Scotty's on New Year's Eve. This could be another option if the Letterman's Association is a closed event. I plan on making it an all day affair with as little down time as possible.

I am 15 minutes from all of these places so if follow up is needed just shout.

GMG

So true and we are getting there. We need a low cost alternative for those not making it to the Tower Club.

All of those bars around the Tower Club I am sure will be hopping on NYE but due to the evening might be tough to get a dedicated place to plant at unless they have a UNT connection. The one very cool place I like down there is City Tavern on Main St. It has a good casual vibe and if something gets set up I would leave right after the champagne toast at the Tower Club and toast with the diehards for the last hour and half.

GMG

I would totally be up for a post game celebration if we are lucky enough to win...

Remember, if this is like any of the New Orleans Bowls, there is a pretty long post game awarding of the trophies and speeches etc...

But I like the concept of us hitting a chosen bar after the game to show our solidarity.

My friends and I are actually getting a hotel downtown on NYD so we can post game party downtown safely. If anyone knows of a post game party somewhere please post it. We are going to tear it up celebrating no matter the outcome.