We are not alone

emmitt01

Oregon lost to Arizona.

And guess whose Pirate Ship is bowl eligible for the first time in years? That guy several here said no one should ever hire because he had an ongoing lawsuit with his previous employer? Yeah... that guy!

Rick

Leach was never gonna come here. He wanted too much money, wanted to coach at a high-level school (read AQ), and the lawsuit against a fellow Texas public university wasn't going to allow him to be hired by anyone in the state. hence, the reason he ended up in Pullman, WA as the HFC at Wazzou.

The choices here were Franchione, Kragthorpe, and McCarney. Since Kragthorpe's health will keep him from head coaching again, then the true analysis is between Franchione and McCarney. Right now, its pretty dead even between the two, in my opinion.

Leach was never gonna come here. He wanted too much money, wanted to coach at a high-level school (read AQ), and the lawsuit against a fellow Texas public university wasn't going to allow him to be hired by anyone in the state. hence, the reason he ended up in Pullman, WA as the HFC at Wazzou.

The choices here were Franchione, Kragthorpe, and McCarney. Since Kragthorpe's health will keep him from head coaching again, then the true analysis is between Franchione and McCarney. Right now, its pretty dead even between the two, in my opinion.

The only edge that McCarney has is that he is willing (even though it's not his job) to "coach up" the alumni and fans. He gets everyone's attention when he's doing one of his "motivational" talks. But I can tell that he's getting a bit annoyed with the alumni and fans. I hope that when he gets annoyed enough he goes off on the fans/alumni like he does with players who come to the sideline after screwing up big time.

God knows no one else in the Athletic Department is willing and/or able to "coach up" the fans like Coach McCarney does.

The only edge that McCarney has is that he is willing (even though it's not his job) to "coach up" the alumni and fans. He gets everyone's attention when he's doing one of his "motivational" talks. But I can tell that he's getting a bit annoyed with the alumni and fans. I hope that when he gets annoyed enough he goes off on the fans/alumni like he does with players who come to the sideline after screwing up big time.

God knows no one else in the Athletic Department is willing and/or able to "coach up" the fans like Coach McCarney does.

Have you called them? I'm sure they'd "coach you up" if you took the time to ask them explicitly what they need from you.

You act like they get paid to do this stuff.

Leach was never gonna come here.He wanted too much money, wanted to coach at a high-level school (read AQ), and the lawsuit against a fellow Texas public university wasn't going to allow him to be hired by anyone in the state. hence, the reason he ended up in Pullman, WA as the HFC at Wazzou.

My reference in the post you quoted was in response to the know-it-alls who claimed no one ever would, nor should anyone ever hire someone with an active suit/court battle/contract dispute with their previous employer after it was learned that Jim Leavitt was interested in our program and was being considered.

I never argued once that we could afford Leach and never claimed to have knowledge that the man wanted to come here, although he would have been a solid hire in my opinion had we been able to afford him.

Rick

and you don't think the fans and alumni aren't a bit annoyed with him...and some of BS game plans and offensive play calling ?...They are...including me!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

May I ask what elements contribute to your analysis of McCarney and Franchione in order for them to be even?

and you don't think the fans and alumni aren't a bit annoyed with him...and some of BS game plans and offensive play calling ?...They are...including me!

That BS game planning and offensive play calling are getting us to a bowl after 8 years and POSSIBLY 8-4 this season with pretty much the same line up as last year. Kinda hard to argue with facts. How did you predict this season going in August???

• Upvote 1

That BS game planning and offensive play calling are getting us to a bowl after 8 years and POSSIBLY 8-4 this season with pretty much the same line up as last year. Kinda hard to argue with facts. How did you predict this season going in August???

We're going bowling, but we have not been perfect along the way.

• Upvote 2

We're going bowling, but we have not been perfect along the way.

I don't think anyone's argued that we have. But freakin-a, man!!! This team has performed well beyond the expectations of a crapload of people around here.

Before the season started, people that said things like "My gut tells me we're no more than a 5 win team again. All of our reasons to hope for improvement are complete unknowns and I fear we're getting Stratford'd all over again," and "Until we get a more productive defensive line and some pass rushers, no game is a given. I'd say anywhere from 4-8 to 6-6. 6-6 means someone forfeited to us."

Come on! Even with after what's been our best season in nearly a decade, people still want to take a dump all over this team.

I don't get it, man. It's just like that handful of people that were down on the Rangers after the Giants throttled them in 2010.

This wasn't fully pointed at you, greenminer, but I've read some things in the past few days that have really frustrated me around here.

Sure, the UTSA loss sucked and I have to have a God-awful avatar for a few more days, but still. We're freaking playing in the post-season!!!!

• Upvote 1

.......and many of us feel (myself included) that if Mac had let his OC do his job we would be 10-1 right now.

• Downvote 1