THE STAND

Green Otaku

We were sitting in the far end zone and I have to say that was the most amazing thing that I have ever seen in college football, or any football... I can't wait to get home from work today so I can watch it on the DVR and see it all over again. What a great series from our D, will to win, never say die, cliché cliché cliché, who cares.... unbelievable.

Now can we not bitch about the refs? we won, did something absolutely amazing and unforgettable. lets bask in that glow for a while

Anyone seen these posters before? http://www.prinstantreplays.com/

If there was one of these for that last 4th down stop (titled "The Stand"), I would frame it, shine a light on it, and kiss it every night before I go to bed.

Edited by RAGEMASTER5000

The Stand was epic. I honestly felt so damn proud. It made Apogee so electric and loud. Its stuff like that which can really grab the attention of the first timers or casual fan and make them more interested. I don't care who is watching from any football level....I think EVERYBODY would have been fired up and in awe after that defensive stand.

We were sitting in the far end zone and I have to say that was the most amazing thing that I have ever seen in college football, or any football... I can't wait to get home from work today so I can watch it on the DVR and see it all over again. What a great series from our D, will to win, never say die, cliché cliché cliché, who cares.... unbelievable.

Now can we not bitch about the refs? we won, did something absolutely amazing and unforgettable. lets bask in that glow for a while

I'm just more impressed that we beat Rice and the refs.

The Stand was epic. I honestly felt so damn proud. It made Apogee so electric and loud. Its stuff like that which can really grab the attention of the first timers or casual fan and make them more interested. I don't care who is watching from any football level....I think EVERYBODY would have been fired up and in awe after that defensive stand.

I had a 2, 4, and 6 year old screaming and clapping along with my wife and I. We had all of the doors open and it was in the middle of trick-or-treating...pretty sure everybody thinks we're crazy. But then again, they didn't see that series. We were so sure they would give up and just try for the FG...nope, just chew up the clock WHEN YOU'RE LOSING and give it up!

Does make you think about them not trying for a FG at the end of the 1st half though...another one here at the end instead of 8 failed attempts into the end zone would have put them less than a score away from us. That's what they get for being greedy, I guess...they went for 7 both times and failed on both drives, when getting 3 twice, along with the gift of that safety, would have put them in position to win with one more score. Don't test our DEFENSE, suckas!

• Upvote 1

I saw some of the replay last night, and the absolute best part of the stand was that after the final tackle Fox Sports zoomed in on the the Rice HC and you can clearly see him say "Well... S**T" with a totally defeated look on his face and you can see an assistant directly behind him tear up a play sheet and throw the pieces in the air.

When I get a chance I'll make a GIF of it.

This has been requested elsewhere around the internet as well and I can't wait to see it. Remember imgur just upped their upload sizes!

• Upvote 2

While eating an ice cream sandwich to sooth my throat after yelling through much of the second half, I agree that was the most incredible goal line stand I have seen in roughly a half century of watching football.

Next time, order the frozen lemonade!

it was amazing! i'd say I can't believe it, but with this group of guys I'd be lying. i'm sure it's happened somewhere before, but there can't be many times. I had my friend who graduated from tech with me last night and he said that was one of the best defensive stands he's ever seen and never seen anything like it.