THE STAND

Green Otaku

One of the greatest goal line stands in NCAA history. So happy I got to witness that live and in person! Part of UNT lore from this day forward! Seeing it live and in person = greatness = priceless! This does not happen last year! Such a different attitude this year! So very happy for this team!

• Upvote 3

And Abe was pinned the entire last play, yet no holding. What a great series of plays!

Saw that and screamed bloody murder about it! The Rice QB all but ran right over him while pinned on the ground...no way the refs could have missed that! It is called HOLDING Ref...call it!

• Upvote 1

That was college football history, not just North Texas history. I have never seen anything like it in all my years of watching this sport. Wow!

That is basically a paraphrase of what one of the FOX announcers said on the air. WHAT A DEFENSE.
  • Upvote 1

Best stand I have ever watched. I sure got tired of the officials missing holding call after holding call.

The stand was what won the game and broke the will of Rice.

Yeah the obvious no call when the Rice player was laying on Abbe was ridiculous.

This defense just gets better as games go on.

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 1

Never seen anything like it. The FS1 announcers said something similar and were so high on the MG Defense!

Damn this team comes out for national broadcasts!

True. The Fox announcers didn say they had never seen a goal line stance like that on ANY level. It was glorious.

Rice had so many chances and our defense said, " We are the Mean Green. This is our house."

And that final sack was the exclamation mark in front of a national audience.

Proud to be a member of the Mean Green Nation.

• Upvote 3

Eight plays inside the ten....seven inside the five.

Technically, wasn't it 9 or10 if you include the defensive "penalties" which negated the play

And Abe was pinned the entire last play, yet no holding. What a great series of plays!

That play with Abbe pinned was outrageous. What do you call for pinning a player down and humping him?

At times it was nearly every play and the ref simply never called them.

There was one play earlier in the game, with a Rice player running towards the NT sideline. One of our secondary nearly had the back of his jersey pulled off, right in front of two officials. Nothing.

Words really don't do that stand justice. I was giddy and honestly had no doubt what was about to happen . . . On the first four plays. But that second time around!? Holy crap. Watching that Rice QB run for his life on that second fourth down almost made me feel sorry for the dude.

Almost.

I mean, it's his own dang fault for strolling into Apogee against that defense on Halloween night, am I right!?

Edited by TheFranchise
  • Upvote 1