Beyond the Green debuts next Friday on Fox Sports Southwest

Cerebus

People can say that CUSA isn't much better than the SBC, but it is lights year better for us. The CUSA name carries weight in the area, since they are headquartered here. FSSW never even thought about doing anything UNT related until now. What changed? I mean we didn't improve at all on our record and our schedule isn't stronger this year than last year. The only answer is CUSA membership.

• Upvote 4

Incredible publicity for the university, program, and student athletes!

Good work by RV & Co. to make this happen

(I am allowed to support the efforts of RV on this board, right?)

Yes, you are. Some obviously don't think so, but, if you can stand the heat from those folks...and it will often come in personal terms...then support away when you think it is warranted.

This is indeed another example of some of the "good work" being done by RV and Company these days.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

People can say that CUSA isn't much better than the SBC, but it is lights year better for us. The CUSA name carries weight in the area, since they are headquartered here. FSSW never even thought about doing anything UNT related until now. What changed? I mean we didn't improve at all on our record and our schedule isn't stronger this year than last year. The only answer is CUSA membership.

Even though the membership to CUSA has changed dramatically, it's still a conference that's talked about alongside the MWC and AAC. Sun Belt and MAC may or may not be as good as CUSA on the field, but the perception is that CUSA is a step above both of those conferences.

With significantly more games on TV than either of those conferences, and things like Beyond the Green, North Texas will be seen as a program on the rise. Just gotta capitalize on the field and at least get to a bowl this year.

Day'um!

All that's going on (not just this superb media & marketing tool, either) makes me believe my alma mater is once again aspiring to aim for the Big Time just like most of us felt we were as UNT students during the flying worm era.

Certainly we are not close to being that at the moment, but such "feel good" perceptions is how I believe it all starts. Who said "if you think you can...you can?" Former conference-mate Boise State at one point before they made the Big Time marquee lights had to start with such perceptions about who they were and what they could attain IMHO.

I loved Mrs. Orr saying (and I liberally paraphrase)..... "This is not just about you...everything you do affects our entire family." How many of us heard those very same words from our own parents at one time early on in our lives. I know at one point I had to apologize to my own family for what I felt turned out to be some very poor choices that turned completely sour (not totally on my own account) and that in my own life which truly affected me most my life to date. What affects us also affects our loved ones, right? Having that unconditional love from family means more than anyone could know. Our great Mean Green linebacker young Mr. Orr. has that from his family.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Couple of things to say:

1. Zach Orr just became my favorite player. What a great example he has set for the younger guys. This type of attitude is infectious and is what North Texas needs to turn the tide.

2. Seeing the coaches talk so highly about Zach makes me wonder why his younger brother decided to go to TCU. Craig Robertson, Lance Dunbar, and soon Zach will be shining examples of how it doesn't matter about uniforms or all the shiny new objects that the Power 5 schools have, if you work your butt off, your legacy will be remembered and you can have a successful NFL career.

Edited by cdizzle86
  • Upvote 1

Couple of things to say:

1. Zach Orr just became my favorite player. What a great example he has set for the younger guys. This type of attitude is infectious and is what North Texas needs to turn the tide.

2. Seeing the coaches talk so highly about Zach makes me wonder why his younger brother decided to go to TCU. Craig Robertson, Lance Dunbar, and soon Zach will be shining examples of how it doesn't matter about uniforms or all the shiny new objects that the Power 5 schools have, if you work your butt off, your legacy will be remembered and you can have a successful NFL career.

Signing day is a long ways away... I think they will continue to work on this and who knows how it ends up playing out.