How many qbs do we play?

BillySee58

I've heard that Brock is sitting at 4th string QB right now.... And it's from a pretty good source

That just seems crazy, the way Coach Mac was pumping him up at the radio show last year, and how he was performing in practice. And considering whom Coach Mac chose him over.

So what's going on? Is he just not trying? Is he having a hard time grasping Coach C's system? Is he inaccurate? Is he still coming back from his injury? What is the deal?

• Upvote 2

I gotcha. :)

Yet we spend countless threads and hours debating QB scenarios and bashing uniforms, which will have absolutely no weight in the coaches' decision-making.

One more pointless than the other? Maybe. All opinion? Definitely.

Those threads, often pointless in the grand scheme of things, make for fun debate and interesting opinions. Everyone wants us to win football games. You don't need a fan board to know that.

I'm calling bullshit.

Question all you want , but it's directly from someone at practice. Someone who sees who is getting the snaps with what teams.

Believe me , I was shocked too. I projected Brock to be our starter. Might just be Mac trying to light a fire under the kid. I hope that's the case

• Upvote 1

There's been a lot of evidence of Mac possibly trying to light a fire under BB since spring. I really think he might be the guy Mac wants to see under center, or he might just be the qb performing the 4th best right now. BB has impressed Mac and just about everyone on the team with his skills at some point in practice.

Mac is making him earn it, no doubt. Some thought BB was going to be handed the job by default in the fall. That has been far from the case.

But yes, El Paso Eagle has a good point. Gotta go with the qb that gives you the best chance of scoring points. Not the one who messes up the least.

There's been a lot of evidence of Mac possibly trying to light a fire under BB since spring. I really think he might be the guy Mac wants to see under center, or he might just be the qb performing the 4th best right now. BB has impressed Mac and just about everyone on the team with his skills at some point in practice.

Mac is making him earn it, no doubt. Some thought BB was going to be handed the job by default in the fall. That has been far from the case.

But yes, El Paso Eagle has a good point. Gotta go with the qb that gives you the best chance of scoring points. Not the one who messes up the least.

Agree. I think at the very least we will see 2 QBs vs Idaho , if not 3

Question all you want , but it's directly from someone at practice. Someone who sees who is getting the snaps with what teams.

Believe me , I was shocked too. I projected Brock to be our starter. Might just be Mac trying to light a fire under the kid. I hope that's the case

FFR?

• Upvote 1

I've heard that Brock is sitting at 4th string QB right now.... And it's from a pretty good source

He was 3rd string before the dajon hype, so I can see that being the case. He's a bust yall. If he doesnt do anything outstanding tomorrow, he is done in the short term. He may possibly get another shot later, but he will be waiting his turn behind dajon and McNulty.

I predict DT, then dajon is the backup.

I always love the revisionist history on this forum and the over inflation of worth

DMac did not "choose brock" over Scotty Young Scotty Young choose Louisiana Tech over north Texas

Scotty Young was transferring to LaTech on June 9th of 2012 and the brockster was still a Fighting Artichoke at that time and did not look to north Texas until September of 2012

it is hard to "choose" one player over another when one player is already enrolled at another university 3 months before the other "choice" decided to come to north Texas

#Hit4Plus2MoralVictories

Edited by GL2Greatness
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

He was 3rd string before the dajon hype, so I can see that being the case. He's a bust yall. If he doesnt do anything outstanding tomorrow, he is done in the short term. He may possibly get another shot later, but he will be waiting his turn behind dajon and McNulty.

I predict DT, then dajon is the backup.

Yup. Unless Mac is trying to push BB and BB responds, then yeah. These scrimmages are going to be paramount for the qbs

I always love the revisionist history on this forum and the over inflation of worth

DMac did not "choose brock" over Scotty Young Scotty Young choose Louisiana Tech over north Texas

Scotty Young was transferring to LaTech on June 9th of 2012 and the brockster was still a Fighting Artichoke at that time and did not look to north Texas until September of 2012

it is hard to "choose" one player over another when one player is already enrolled at another university 3 months before the other "choice" decided to come to north Texas

You could have saved yourself a lot of typing by simply saying,

Once again, I have no idea what I'm talking about.
  • Upvote 1

This isn't Middle school football. You start a quarterback and make him your leader until he proves he can't. Game day is not a day for trial and error. Period.

I agree, when you have a clear cut favorite or leader. We seem to have neither. I think we win the Idaho game regardless of who we put under center. I'm willing to alternate some possessions or even halves to see which quarterback gives us the best chance to win IN THE GAME. We have proven under Mac that we have a really great scout team quarterback...a guy who keeps starting because "he looks real good in practice." But don't take my word for it...let Allen speak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOxUAntx8I&feature=player_detailpage

This isn't Middle school football. You start a quarterback and make him your leader until he proves he can't. Game day is not a day for trial and error. Period.

See, here's the thing. By that logic DT has proven that he can't. So, by that logic, that takes DT out of the equation.

Then who do we start? DW has looked good but he hasn't even had a rep with the first team, in a scrimmage at least. Mcnulty hasn't exactly wowed or stepped up in this qb race. And of course, Berglund has underperformed and hasn't given any indication that he is ready to start, despite having the physical assets.

the qb situation will all depend on those first 4 games. we should beat idaho and i could see 2 qbs playing. Ohio is going to be tough and we possibly get knocked back down to earth. Ball State is where a QB can get a stronghold on the job. If DT can pull off and be a main reason we win the Ball State or Ohio game, then he could possibly survive the season. i'm guessing he gets the first crack at it. If we are 2-2, he may keep the job if he performed well. If we are 1-3, or 2-2, but won in spite of the QB play, there will be a change after the Georgia game. Those first 4 games will give us an indication of how the season could go.

I can see 2 QBs getting in at Georgia. Even though it will be a loss, they will be the best team we play and whatever bright spots happen in that game, it will be a building block. The competition gets a lot easier and the schedule works out pretty good for UNT.

Get TWO weeks to prepare for Tulane. If it is time to name a new starter, that is the time. with 2 weeks to prepare for a weak Tulane team. If we are 1-3, Mac goes with Dajon.

Why? because it will be a good excuse for a subpar season. 5-7 won't look so bad with an up and coming true freshman at QB. Dajon would give us enough highlights to shut us up for a season and Mac gets one last pass. It would also help with recruitment and show that he has no problems putting a young player in there.