UTSA: Why the hatred for UNT?

Harry

Originally Posted by JagRunner

"Honestly, no one here even cared about UNT until we joined CUSA and UNT fans started acting like we shouldn't be in the same conference as them. They spouted so much hate on the CUSA board and their own Mean Green board. Our shit talking is just rebuttal for what is said from UNT fans on message boards. We get the same crap from UTEP fans. In the end I think it'll create some rivalries between us and UNT/UTEP."

Read more: http://www.rowdytalk.com/showthread.php/3058-Why-the-hatred-for-UNT/page5

Just bookmark that thread for later...

The issue is perception. UNT fans think they are giving for the most part an honest assessment of an opposing team that played in the WAC and against several non FBS schools last year. UTSA fans seeing themselves as a football program that had many wins last year and is going into the CUSA and the sky is the limit. So now you have one fanbase who thinks the other is delusional and the other fanbase who thinks the first fan base are a bunch of dicks that just want to downgrade their school

• Upvote 3

The first time I went on their message board was last week and one of the first posts was "I can't wait to beat that peice of **** school." I had no ill will towards KFCU until then. It just blows my mind they consider the posters here arrogant or elitists. You would be hard pressed to find a more apathetic message board for an FBS school.

Sorry that we expect to beat a team that is in it's infancy as an FBS program, what lofty freakin expectations.

• Upvote 6

Time out.

You guys realize that TCU, Houston, and SMU have been talking to us like this for years and Mean Green fans have responded with bitter words and the "just you wait until we grow up!" mentality.

Now UTSA comes in the picture and UNT fans feel like there is finally a fellow Texas school that is inferior or doesn't belong in the same conference so people make it known.

UTSA fans are undoubtedly going to be upset with UNT fans for the same reasons that many on this board despise the likes of CougarKing and FroggyStyle.

There's nothing wrong or bad about it. I think it will be great for UNT to have a strong opinion against another Texas school that we actually play on a regular basis and UTSA seems to be filling that void much quicker and more naturally than UTEP or Rice so let's roll with it.

But don't be surprised when they talk trash back at UNT.

Just send them some chicken wings and let them cry themselves to sleep.

Edited by MeanGreenGlory
  • Upvote 3

The first time I went on their message board was last week and one of the first posts was "I can't wait to beat that peice of **** school." I had no ill will towards KFCU until then. It just blows my mind they consider the posters here arrogant or elitists. You would be hard pressed to find a more apathetic message board for an FBS school.

Sorry that we expect to beat a team that is in it's infancy as an FBS program, what lofty freakin expectations.

It's in its infancy at anything beyond an intramural program.

Well, lets first start with a comparison of both school's rich and famous alums. Maybe a little green'us-envy with the comparison aspects perhaps?

North Texas has an endless list of rich and famous as seen in this link...http://www.unt.edu/famous-alums.htm

And then.... UTSA has, uh, their.....one, albeit apparently an honorary alum to boot? :thumbsu:

400.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Actually that kind of proves my point. We are so desperate to have a rival, we are talking smack to a school that most feel is inferior to UNT.

Why try to build a rivalry with UTSA? Only thing that even makes it appealing the slightest is location.

But LaTech is closer and has a good history.

If I am going to try to create a CUSA rivalry, it would be Rice.

you don't get to choose rivalries...they happen...through hate...rice doesn't care about north texas...right now, utsa does...

i don't care what level a team is or how long they ahve been around, i just want a school that we can all hate and have good games against...have fans travel to road games, and enjoy the hatred that these games can breed.

Time out.

You guys realize that TCU, Houston, and SMU have been talking to us like this for years and Mean Green fans have responded with bitter words and the "just you wait until we grow up!" mentality.

Now UTSA comes in the picture and UNT fans feel like there is finally a fellow Texas school that is inferior or doesn't belong in the same conference so people make it known.

UTSA fans are undoubtedly going to be upset with UNT fans for the same reasons that many on this board despise the likes of CougarKing and FroggyStyle.

There's nothing wrong or bad about it. I think it will be great for UNT to have a strong opinion against another Texas school that we actually play on a regular basis and UTSA seems to be filling that void much quicker and more naturally than UTEP or Rice so let's roll with it.

But don't be surprised when they talk trash back at UNT.

Just send them some chicken wings and let them cry themselves to sleep.

Sorry, This. Rivalries happen organically. Just sit back cheer for the Mean Green, win games and the rivalries will happen.

Srew them. We have 25 conference championships and they have, what, two seasons? They have an FNG program and don't like it. So again, screw them.

However, I do hope they hand out KFC when we go to SA in a year and change. At least KFC mashed potatoes and gravy.

I don't think anyone dislikes them except every UTEP fan I know. I am happy we will be go to SA every other year.

Originally Posted by JagRunner

"Honestly, no one here even cared about UNT until we joined CUSA and UNT fans started acting like we shouldn't be in the same conference as them. They spouted so much hate on the CUSA board and their own Mean Green board. Our shit talking is just rebuttal for what is said from UNT fans on message boards. We get the same crap from UTEP fans. In the end I think it'll create some rivalries between us and UNT/UTEP."

Read more: http://www.rowdytalk.com/showthread.php/3058-Why-the-hatred-for-UNT/page5

I see where you are headed Harry, and I couldn't disagree more. Stop trying to make this a rivalry game. It isn't. They suck, and will suck for years. By the end of this season, they will be drawing 12K to the cavernous Alamo dome. There are many more deserving teams in CUSA to build a rivalry with than the start up program. Let's concentrate on improving, not deproving. We are not looking down our nose at them, because, frankly, they don't deserve that look.

Can we talk about UTEP, La. Tech, Rice or any other program that deserves to be talked about?

Who gives a flying F about the community college down in San Antone?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Actually that kind of proves my point. We are so desperate to have a rival, we are talking smack to a school that most feel is inferior to UNT.

Why try to build a rivalry with UTSA? Only thing that even makes it appealing the slightest is location.

But LaTech is closer and has a good history.

If I am going to try to create a CUSA rivalry, it would be Rice.

Yeah, I agree your academics and baseball team are on par with Rice's making it a perfect rivalry for you guys

Oh wait nevermind. lol

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Yeah, I agree your academics and baseball team are on par with Rice's making it a perfect rivalry for you guys

Oh wait nevermind. lol

Yeah, I agree that academics and baseball teams are perfect determinants of football rivalries.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, I agree that academics and baseball teams are perfect determinants of football rivalries.

You have nothing in common with Rice, that's the point. They didn't care about you when you were left out of SWC and they likely don't care about you now.

But keep thinking you stack up against better institutions/programs it's amusing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You have nothing in common with Rice, that's the point. They didn't care about you when you were left out of SWC and they likely don't care about you now.

But keep thinking you stack up against better institutions/programs it's amusing.

That being said from a UT junior college guy, how did that UT Arlington football team work out?

• Upvote 1

Y'all certainly don't stack up well against even UTEP.

I'm not the one that feels like my school is too good to start a rivalry with certain Texas schools, so I don't even see what your point is with this.

Besides UTEP fans are actually receptive to a rivalry with us...same UT system, colors, hand sign and similar demographics. You can't say the same for you and Rice.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1