MGB: Fouts Field demolition video, thoughts

Brett Vito

Hollywood and Paramount's nice shots of our beloved Fouts Field, UNT alum FFR "the Armadillo mascot", FFR's 'cannon shot', Kathy Ireland, Sinbad, Scott Bakula , Fumble' lie-ah', etc, etc, etc...

A scene I thought pretty neat was the aerial shot of the UNT Hurley Administration Building at the beginning of the movie (but it is not to be seen in this video--buy the movie).:)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

For the record, Vito had to leave and head over to the Athletic Center to get the scoop on some things for you guys. That's why his video is of, well, not much.

The sound of the wrecking ball bouncing off the wall on the first couple of hits was one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Here's the other video, with some good old fashioned KABOOM.

http://www.dentonrc.com/video/?freewheel=90853&sitesection=dentonlanding_top_non_sty&VID=24993545

Edited by TheWestie

I went by yesterday. The reliefs have been removed from the student side(what a relief !). I looked through the fence and couldn't see them stored on site, though they probably are. From what I saw, Fouts is not giving up without a fight. The tunnel where NT came out is demolished and just a bit of the stands at about the 20 yard line have been started.

While this is a sad sight to see...

imagine watching this and there's no Apogee across the street.

I'm negative about a lot of things regarding our FB situation and hate the series of events (and people) that have hampered our progress over the years, but I am so grateful to not be watching this with our FB suffering the same fate as UTA.

That would make watching this almost unbearable.

• Upvote 4

While this is a sad sight to see...

imagine watching this and there's no Apogee across the street.

I'm negative about a lot of things regarding our FB situation and hate the series of events (and people) that have hampered our progress over the years, but I am so grateful to not be watching this with our FB suffering the same fate as UTA.

That would make watching this almost unbearable.

A VERY good point.

And if the vote had failed, I fear the destruction without Apogee may be exactly what would be happening today.

We damn sure wouldn't be in CUSA.

If this world was just, UNTFlyer would never have to bring any food or drink to Apogee, or have to pay for season tickets. What he and his friends did is truly amazing, especially at this university.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A VERY good point.

And if the vote had failed, I fear the destruction without Apogee may be exactly what would be happening today.

We damn sure wouldn't be in CUSA.

If this world was just, UNTFlyer would never have to bring any food or drink to Apogee, or have to pay for season tickets. What he and his friends did is truly amazing, especially at this university.

There's no way we'd tear down Fouts without having another place to have the football team play.

There's no way we'd tear down Fouts without having another place to have the football team play.

Point being we may not have had a football team. Fouts was at its end and simply couldn't function anymore as a viable football stadium, even in FCS.