New Houston Cougar Stadium

It looks like houston is currently scheduled to open the stadium against UTSA in 2014? What a waste if thats true.

I'd be worried if I were you--UTSA will probably beat your ass at your new place. Then you'll have to fire another coordinator to put the blame on for another embarrassing home loss to a FBS newcomer (See Texas State, circa Sept. 2012).

You guys have a good program and a nice plans for a new stadium in your ghetto, mosquito-infested, super humid dump of a city. Just like Cooger Queen and FroggyStyle, coming over to talk shiat to our fanbase about football is about as awesome as scoreboarding the homeless about your crackhouse in the 3rd Ward...go over to ponyfans.com or Rice's fan site. GO and talk shiat to the teams that have permanently kept you guys out of being in an AQ league (UT, A&M, and Tech)--oh wait, that would require you to recgonize that you are nowhere near as well off as you make yourself out to be on this website. That crackhouse you have doesn't look so good to talk crap out of when you are walking past the gated community known as the AQs...

• Upvote 2

I'd be worried if I were you--UTSA will probably beat your ass at your new place. Then you'll have to fire another coordinator to put the blame on for another embarrassing home loss to a FBS newcomer (See Texas State, circa Sept. 2012).

You guys have a good program and a nice plans for a new stadium in your ghetto, mosquito-infested, super humid dump of a city. Just like Cooger Queen and FroggyStyle, coming over to talk shiat to our fanbase about football is about as awesome as scoreboarding the homeless about your crackhouse in the 3rd Ward...go over to ponyfans.com or Rice's fan site. GO and talk shiat to the teams that have permanently kept you guys out of being in an AQ league (UT, A&M, and Tech)--oh wait, that would require you to recgonize that you are nowhere near as well off as you make yourself out to be on this website. That crackhouse you have doesn't look so good to talk crap out of when you are walking past the gated community known as the AQs...

So you're saying UH lives in the Watauga of the College Football Metroplex?

• Upvote 1

Foolish, foolish Jimmy boy, I almost choked on my meatloaf after reading your dribble. (Plus it's a good postworkout meal). First of all, we won't lose to UTSA, not now. Not ever. (You guys on the otherhand, are a different story but we'll see since we both play them this upcoming season. Though there probably wont be much of them left by the time you guys get to play them after us, Oklahoma State, Arizona and New Mexico are through with them)

Also, you DO realize the AAC's conference champion gets sent to a BCS bowl? So in that sense, we are an AQ league.

You call us a "crackhosue" and a "mosquito infested dump" yet we can get 32k+ to come and pack in the stadium. You can't even get 20k to come to a brand new stadium in a "nice" neighborhood next to one of the metroplex's most traveled freeways. You're out of your league here and if you want to keep this up, I have an inbox or you can come to the AACbbs, CUSAbbs or hell, even Coogfans.

You tell us we don't jaw with UT, Tech and whatnot. Well, you better learn how to venture out of the sanctuary known as GMG.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=4582&t=11552422

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=4582&t=11579628

^Be careful, that's big boy territory and might be too rough for you. There are no post restrictions, no whining, no 2nd-grade jokes and no crying to the mods because mean old Cougar King is hurting your feelings. (like many on here do)

So you're saying UH lives in the Watauga of the College Football Metroplex?

Yet we have better recruits, more money, better academics (our graduates have degrees that matter like Law, Engineering, etc, not sissy art and music degrees), far superior fan support and overall more relevance than little ol' North Texas. So if we're Watauga then what does that say about that school in Denton?

Edited by Cougar King
  • Downvote 2

Foolish, foolish Jimmy boy, I almost choked on my meatloaf after reading your dribble. (Plus it's a good postworkout meal). First of all, we won't lose to UTSA, not now. Not ever. (You guys on the otherhand, are a different story but we'll see since we both play them this upcoming season. Though there probably wont be much of them left by the time you guys get to play them after us, Oklahoma State, Arizona and New Mexico are through with them)

Also, you DO realize the AAC's conference champion gets sent to a BCS bowl? So in that sense, we are an AQ league.

You call us a "crackhosue" and a "mosquito infested dump" yet we can get 32k+ to come and pack in the stadium. You can't even get 20k to come to a brand new stadium in a "nice" neighborhood next to one of the metroplex's most traveled freeways. You're out of your league here and if you want to keep this up, I have an inbox or you can come to the AACbbs, CUSAbbs or hell, even Coogfans.

You tell us we don't jaw with UT, Tech and whatnot. Well, you better learn how to venture out of the sanctuary known as GMG.

^Be careful, that's big boy territory and might be too rough for you. No post restrictions and no crying to the mods because mean old Cougar King is hurting your feelings. (like many on here do)

Yet we have better recrutis, more money, betetr academics (our graduates have degrees that matter like Law, Engineering, etc, not sissy art and music degrees), far superior fan support and overall more relevance than little ol' North Texas. So what does that say about that school in Denton if we're Watauga?

I think it's funny how you tout Cougar High and how good they are, yet they only averaged about 27K this year. That is NOT a "packed house". In fact, your 2012 attendance decreased by nearly 5K from 2011. It just goes to show how hot and cold your fan base is. Don't get me wrong....27K is better than us, however that number is pretty embarrassing considering record y'all had in 2011.

Yet we have better recruits, more money, better academics (our graduates have degrees that matter like Law, Engineering, etc, not sissy art and music degrees), far superior fan support and overall more relevance than little ol' North Texas. So if we're Watauga then what does that say about that school in Denton?

I have a degree that matters (Business) and I work in the corporate office of a company that sits at or near the top of the Fortune 500 list. Be careful going out there and applying broad generalizations.

Edited by UNTFan23

^Be careful, that's big boy territory and might be too rough for you. There are no post restrictions, no whining, no 2nd-grade jokes and no crying to the mods because mean old Cougar King is hurting your feelings. (like many on here do)

Come on man. You started so good with the meatloaf comment. You aren't an Internet tough guy. This isn't you. You are a misinformed untravelled homer. Not an Internet tough guy.

I want to help you. Since you don't have a degree from anywhere yet you need to stick with outrageous claims backed up by links mixed with chest pounding bravado. Your usual king of the hill routine. You haven't even gotten your report card for this semester, so calm down. Seriously, you need to drop the internet tough guy act and stick with your oldie but goodie dick routine. As always, Mom, meatloaf!

You need to understand this (and most, outside of Houston fans, DO understand this):

The longer Sumlin is gone, the faster the window will close. Your first taste was the loss last season to TX St. (Sumlin would have throttled them). This year's taste? UTSA??

Make no mistake, if Houston does not win the AAC and force themselves into a BCS bowl THIS YEAR, you're not going anywhere and your momentum under Sumlin will be totally gone. Then, you're stuck in the AAC. Forever.

• Upvote 2

You need to understand this (and most, outside of Houston fans, DO understand this):

The longer Sumlin is gone, the faster the window will close. Your first taste was the loss last season to TX St. (Sumlin would have throttled them). This year's taste? UTSA??

Make no mistake, if Houston does not win the AAC and force themselves into a BCS bowl THIS YEAR, you're not going anywhere and your momentum under Sumlin will be totally gone. Then, you're stuck in the AAC. Forever.

Exactly.

For this gal, she thinks that an AQ BCS bowl bid opportunity for the AAC for this year only, means forever. Its rough when reality runs into your dreams.

All said, UH will be fine in the AAC. They'll probably win that league many times. But it will get them the same spare bowl spot that all other non-AQ champions get. If you think that the MWC isn't going to fill that spot most years (or the MAC), then you are dreaming even more than I thought.

129278d1219704620-tales-from-the-interne

• Upvote 4

Wow, of all of the things that you could attack, going after the degrees we offer is laughable.

Let's see, first you went after our "sissy" art degrees. Well, I just got a super-long newsletter detailing all of the awards, internships, fellowships, etc. of current and former art students as well as faculty. Our fashion, communications, and internal design students are killing it...and all going into pretty lucrative careers in advertising, fashion and ID. PAGES just listing awards and such. And I'd love to see how many people from ANY school could pull an A in Dr. Way's 20th Century Art class, deconstructing individual and group psychological phenomena relevant to time periods and art movements. That's not even going into the huge pool of people with talents that cause those without such abilities to talk trash about it because, you know, talented artists suck but people who make fun of art online are the shit. Or something like that.

As far as law and engineering, yes, it would have been nice to get our College of Engineering off the ground sooner, especially with our TAMS students winning national awards but having to go elsewhere to pursue their degrees until recently. Same goes for law...the "waste" that is our law school can at least give us hope of retaining our Phi Alpha Delta scholars and nationally ranked Moot Court teams that, year after year, beat the hell out of just about everybody else and scatter to law schools all over the country. Some of them even go to UH, so you see, your lawyers that boost your statistics in median income and such...quite a few of them started their reputations at UNT, and you can thank poor timing for the fact that we didn't have a law school years ago so that UH could pull in a bunch of our brightest legal minds that wanted to stay in Texas.

And finally, even though it's been pointed out before, yes, our huge number of educators brings down our totals for income. So if you ever meet a girl and somehow manage to breed, you're welcome.

Oh, plus all of the other obvious statements by pretty much everybody else about broad generalizations. If generalizations worked so well in everyday life, I wouldn't lose contact with friends whose inboxes are too full of fan mail after they became famous and whose schedules make it hard to stay in touch with all of us because they're too busy making music and movies and touring the world and winning Grammy awards and such. Yes, it's vicarious revelry, but I don't mind that everybody I know is becoming famous. I'm just really proud of them for putting their North Texas education to good use instead of leaving and then telling everyone online how much UNT sucks.

• Upvote 1

Wow, of all of the things that you could attack, going after the degrees we offer is laughable.

Let's see, first you went after our "sissy" art degrees. Well, I just got a super-long newsletter detailing all of the awards, internships, fellowships, etc. of current and former art students as well as faculty. Our fashion, communications, and internal design students are killing it...and all going into pretty lucrative careers in advertising, fashion and ID. PAGES just listing awards and such. And I'd love to see how many people from ANY school could pull an A in Dr. Way's 20th Century Art class, deconstructing individual and group psychological phenomena relevant to time periods and art movements. That's not even going into the huge pool of people with talents that cause those without such abilities to talk trash about it because, you know, talented artists suck but people who make fun of art online are the shit. Or something like that.

As far as law and engineering, yes, it would have been nice to get our College of Engineering off the ground sooner, especially with our TAMS students winning national awards but having to go elsewhere to pursue their degrees until recently. Same goes for law...the "waste" that is our law school can at least give us hope of retaining our Phi Alpha Delta scholars and nationally ranked Moot Court teams that, year after year, beat the hell out of just about everybody else and scatter to law schools all over the country. Some of them even go to UH, so you see, your lawyers that boost your statistics in median income and such...quite a few of them started their reputations at UNT, and you can thank poor timing for the fact that we didn't have a law school years ago so that UH could pull in a bunch of our brightest legal minds that wanted to stay in Texas.

And finally, even though it's been pointed out before, yes, our huge number of educators brings down our totals for income. So if you ever meet a girl and somehow manage to breed, you're welcome.

Oh, plus all of the other obvious statements by pretty much everybody else about broad generalizations. If generalizations worked so well in everyday life, I wouldn't lose contact with friends whose inboxes are too full of fan mail after they became famous and whose schedules make it hard to stay in touch with all of us because they're too busy making music and movies and touring the world and winning Grammy awards and such. Yes, it's vicarious revelry, but I don't mind that everybody I know is becoming famous. I'm just really proud of them for putting their North Texas education to good use instead of leaving and then telling everyone online how much UNT sucks.

He won't breed. Giving him way too much credit.

north Texas does not have a law school and never will.....north Texas-dallas might have a law school in the future trying to say that Denton has a law school because of that is like saying UTA, UTD, UTEP, and UTSA have a law school because UT Austin has one

and TAMS students for the most part are going to leave north Texas anyway since most of them view it as high school and if you ever ask them what they are going to do after they graduate TAMS the answer is "go to a good university"

• Downvote 5

north Texas does not have a law school and never will.....north Texas-dallas might have a law school in the future trying to say that Denton has a law school because of that is like saying UTA, UTD, UTEP, and UTSA have a law school because UT Austin has one

and TAMS students for the most part are going to leave north Texas anyway since most of them view it as high school and if you ever ask them what they are going to do after they graduate TAMS the answer is "go to a good university"

Really? You've polled the TAMS kids and asked?

I much prefer your concise comments.

Ever looked at our retention on TAMS kids as of last year?

It's very high. About 2/3rd of them stay here. Back to your hole, with Queen.

And like it or not, they do represent the school well. The TAMS girl on Jeopardy wore a North Texas sweatshirt and wiped the floor with everyone else.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 3

Another TAMS student was my Student Advocate and taught Political Science...until he moved out here to Scottsdale to be a computer programmer. And UH can thank us for another who stayed, and ended up switching to Econ, joined the Moot Court team, went to Law School and then got his Master's of Law at UH. There are tons that stay, these two are just a couple more examples.

And we're the flagship school of the system. Any law school that comes out of the system is fine with me. Denton is a cool place but will never be big enough to contain all of our awesomeness. On the upside, we're not in Houston.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Really? You've polled the TAMS kids and asked?

I much prefer your concise comments.

Ever looked at our retention on TAMS kids as of last year?

It's very high. About 2/3rd of them stay here. Back to your hole, with Queen.

And like it or not, they do represent the school well. The TAMS girl on Jeopardy wore a North Texas sweatshirt and wiped the floor with everyone else.

whoa now. Jeopardy??!!?11

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Another TAMS student was my Student Advocate and taught Political Science...until he moved out here to Scottsdale to be a computer programmer. And UH can thank us for another who stayed, and ended up switching to Econ, joined the Moot Court team, went to Law School and then got his Master's of Law at UH. There are tons that stay, these two are just a couple more examples.

And we're the flagship school of the system. Any law school that comes out of the system is fine with me. Denton is a cool place but will never be big enough to contain all of our awesomeness. On the upside, we're not in Houston.

That's funny. Your inferiority complex is the best. On the upside, you aren't located in Denton. Much better town because of that.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Go on....

I really like the stadium. It fits in with the modern architecture that UH has going on around campus.

agreed...way cool exterior...plus I like their collegiate UH branded logo...

• Upvote 2