Off season topic: Who are you?

Harry

We have done these in the past and its a good way to get to know people here on the board better as well as acquaint our regulars with the new folk.

Where do you live/family: NW Dallas; married, 2-kids

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: 1990 BBA Marketing Mgmt

Favorite NT Memory: Playing Cyberball in between classes at Union; walking the stage at graduation

Favorite NT Sports Memory: Tie between 1990 win at Fouts over SMU (the only sell out in the history of Fouts) and the New Orleans Bowl win over Cincinnati 2002

Where do you live/family: Denton, Engaged, Family is from Houston, they live in New York now

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: BFA English, Fall 2013 graduation, going to continue at UNT for graduate school

Favorite NT Memory: Probably will be graduating, but being a student ambassador and really getting to share my love of UNT with new/potential students, or trying to traverse to Kerr during the snowpocalypse and being confused (I'm from Houston), the terrible Clark Hall, maybe...my RA getting kicked out freshman year for getting drunk on his 21st and banging on all the doors of his wing "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY GUYS!" at 1 am.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: The atmosphere in the first half of the Houston game at Apogee, and rushing the field versus Indiana

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Where do you live/family: Los Angeles, CA/Live with my brother who also moved to LA to chase the entertainment industry

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: BA in RTVF/2001 graduate

Favorite NT Memory: Probably building Bonfire in Talons

Favorite NT Sports Memory: Is this something that I was in attendance for? If so, probably the football win over Utah State in 1997 when there were like five lead changes in the last two and half minutes. That was a crazy game. If it's just my favorite NT sports memory, from TV or whatever - either the 2007 or the 2010 Sunbelt conference title. Probably go with the 2010 game, because that one came right down to the end with the Odufuwa block to preserve the win with just a few seconds to go.

EDIT: In person memory actually would have to be the Tech win a couple of season ago in basketball. That was insane....glad I flew back for it.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

Where do you live/family: Wylie, Tx, Married, 1 daughter, 1 cat and a dog named Denton

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: Human Resource Mgmt '04

Favorite NT Memory: Walking to summer classes in the morning

Favorite NT Sports Memory: Win over SMU at Fouts 2006

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 1

Where do you live/family: Houston

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: 2003 BBA Economics

Favorite NT Memory: I have so many, and they all seem to come flooding back every time I set foot on campus. Being involved in on-campus organizations of all kinds facilitated many of them. Also, $2 blasters at the Fry Street Tavern.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: Riding a hotel luggage cart down Canal Street after a New Orleans Bowl win over Cincinnati.

• Upvote 3

Where do you live/family: Flower Mound; married, 2-kids

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: 1982 BA Journalism

Favorite NT Memory: Maybe taking the Model A to road games, such as UT and UH...early 80's. On campus, beertending at the RBL during its glory days, and getting to sing with the Telefones on the RBL stage, would be up there also.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: My first: Pat Hicks hitting a 3-pointer from a different zip code against the school from which I had just transferred, to beat UT in OT, January 1980.

• Upvote 2

Where do you live/family: Arlington, Tx

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: Graduated from East Central Oklahama in 84....business management

Favorite UNT memories....when my son signed his LOI....and after that favorite memories are still to come.

my personal favorite memory from college cannot be shared in a public forum

Edited by trussbussdad
  • Upvote 4

Where do you live/family: Arlington. married, 2-kids

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: BS Computer Science - '86

Favorite NT Memory: Spending the days playing tennis, rec basketball and flag football.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: 52-14 thrashing of Baylor in 2003. However, it should have been 1988 game in Austin :)

• Upvote 1

Where do you live/family: Denton County--married with 3 small kids

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: 1995 BBA in Finance

Favorite NT Memory: Walking in the rain down past Willis Library all the way to the Fouts Parking Lot after I finished my last class, realizing I was done and was about to earn the first and only college diploma in my entire family

Favorite NT Sports Memory: 2002 New Orleans Bowl win over Cincinnati for sure. I would also put the basketball victory over Texas Tech at the Super Pit a few years ago, just because it was in OT and over a team that brought out a big crowd to the SUper Pit.

Least Favorite Sports Memory at NT: watching LaDarrin McLane streak toward the end zone for a game-winning TD at Tech, only to see him get caught from behind and fumble away the win. Also, there was a football game at home against Nicholls State in November of 1993 that literally drew about 200 people, not including the band. We won that game 31-3, IIRC, but it felt like I was at a six-man game.

• Upvote 2

Where do you live/family: Lewisville, single, 1 kid (Helllooo, ladies!)

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: MS Taxation/2011

Favorite NT Memory: Hard to say. I was an old man who didn't spend much time on campus outside of classes and sports. I'll pick camping for tailgating in 2011.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: October 20, 2010

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1

Where do you live/family: Frisco, wife, 2 kids

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: 1995, BA English

Favorite NT Memory: Drinking beer and pulling wool in any bar you can name around Fry Street from 1990-95 (Flying Tomato, Rick's, O'Tays, Riprocks's, etc.)

Favorite NT Sports Memory: Beating Indiana in 2011 and going on the field afterwards with my childrens

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 1

Where do you live/family: McKinney, married, 3 kids

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: 1999 computer science

Favorite NT Memory: It is all so cloudy, not sure. Taking school provided bus down to Texas stadium for a football game. Can not remember much about the trip, but I remember having a blast. Spring break trip to padre. Then, of course, graduation.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: Watching New Orleans Bowl win over Cincinnati by myself with a six pack of beer. Listening live to the now famous "do you believe in the mean green!" radio call by the great Georgio!

• Upvote 1

Where do you live/family: Denton

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: History '07

Favorite NT Memory: The madness that ensued on Fry the night Tomato burned.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: Standing front row 50 yard line in the pouring rain with my friend Brian the night Lance Dunbar destroyed the MUTS to become UNT's all time leading rusher.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 2

Where do you live/family: Carrollton - Married for 30 years with two children.

Degree/Year Attended/Graduated UNT - Business Degree in 1981 from the University of Iowa.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: Going on the field after my son's final college game to play in which was the 59-7 thrashing of MUTS in 2011 and being in a picture taken with him and Spiriki.

Edited by Green59
  • Upvote 4

Where do you live/family: Coppell with wife of 14 months

Degree/Year: BA RTF '81 (I crammed 4 years into 5)

Favorite NT Memory: Back in the late 70s, the drinking age was 18 and faculty were known to go to student parties. I had about 40 people at a party in my apartment when the police showed up for a noise complaint. The officer was completely befuddled when Don Staples, the then RTF chair, answered the door and asked him what he wanted.

Favorite NT Sports Memories: Beating the vaulted SMU Pony Express at Texas Stadium in '77, beating UT (coached by Abe Lemmons) at the Pit in triple overtime while the fire marshal is threatening to close the event for over crowding and the first New Orleans Bowl.

• Upvote 2

Where do you live/family: New Haven, CT. No wife, no kids and no worries.

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: BA History '05

Favorite NT Memory: the first (only?) Wake Up Festival...summer as a freshman orientation leader...how hazy my memory is for my favorite NT memories.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: 2nd or 3rd row 50 yard line in '02 and the ensuing celebration that closed down Bourbon Street...'07 Memphis basketball game, despite the loss...then causing trouble with Ked and Calvin afterward.

• Upvote 1

Where do you live/family: Carrollton, Married, 1 kid

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: BBA Marketing '03

Favorite NT Memory: Meeting my wife in Music Appreciation.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: Running onto the field after the MUTS game in '01 to attempt to take down the goalpost after the win that started the bowl run.

• Upvote 1

Where do you live/family: Denton; Married

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: 2013 BM Music Composition (I walk tonight at 7 PM!)

Favorite NT Memory: Getting performed; leadership positions like in SGA, President's Sustainability Council and We Mean Green Fund, Composers Forum; doing silly things in Willis during Dead Week; 35Denton: playing at, volunteering for and of course the Flaming Lips show at the fairgrounds.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: I seem to have come in the down years, but running the field after the Indiana win was fantastic - especially since we have a little bit of a rivalry with their Jacobs School of Music (we trade off the title of "Largest College of Music in the US" every few years). I can't wait for next year to see us stomp them again in Bloomington.

• Upvote 4

Where do you live/family: aubrey...married...3 kids

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: 2000...bachelor of something...i really don't know...i teach

Favorite NT Memory: fry street fairs...and just hanging out and about with folks...marching in the band

Favorite NT Sports Memory: like others, the goalpost game at fouts...i was sitting in the endzone bleachers...great time...

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 1

Where do you live/family: Denton Married to another UNT Grad - 3 kids

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: 1997 Bachelor of Arts in Technical Theater - should have been class of 1995, but was in no hurry to leave.

Favorite NT Memory: shooting the flute section of the band with Boomer at a football game in 1993

Favorite NT Sports Memory: The move to D-1 A football. We worked hard to get the word out and find enough fans to get 15,000 at each game.

• Upvote 2