FIU's new court design

NT03

I have painted the North Texas court for the last three times...seems to me it is time for an upgrade for us, too. Sadly, the knees will not let me do a fourth time. Hope we get something really cutting edge for the next one.

• Upvote 1

I have painted the North Texas court for the last three times...seems to me it is time for an upgrade for us, too. Sadly, the knees will not let me do a fourth time. Hope we get something really cutting edge for the next one.

What was the last cutting edge thing we did? Serious question. Tonymitchell13.com?

• Upvote 3

it sits across 35 from Fouts Field

Apogee stadium is great, but I'm not sure cutting edge is the way to describe it. It's a fantastic stadium, but other than the Wingzone which half the fan base doesn't even like, it doesn't really do anything to differentiate ourselves from other major programs, it just brings us back on par...well, moves us back in that direction with the other programs. A basketball court like that gives personality. The same thing can be accomplished with uniforms. None of which seems to happen regularly at NT. Thats not inherently bad, but for a program with little tradition, I lean toward creativity being hugely important.

I know a bunch of y'all are old farts, but coaches don't do this for fans. They do this for recruits and current players. The players and recruits loved ND lime green unis, also why we wear black, it's not for the fans its for the players

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I know a bunch of y'all are old farts, but coaches don't do this for fans. They do this for recruits and current players. The players and recruits loved ND lime green unis, also why we wear black, it's not for the fans its for the players

I think most people realize that, but it doesn't make them any less hideous. When you design jerseys and floors that cater to mostly 18 and 19 yr old black kids its not going to fit with what the general public likes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's it. Make your design decisions based upon the likes and dislikes of a generation that can't pull their pants up, can't tie their shoes and doesn't know how to tuck a shirt in. If that makes me an old fart, then so be it, but I am worn out with standing in line somewhere and a persons pants are hanging down so low all I can see is there underwear. How some keep them from falling down is beyond me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That's it. Make your design decisions based upon the likes and dislikes of a generation that can't pull their pants up, can't tie their shoes and doesn't know how to tuck a shirt in. If that makes me an old fart, then so be it, but I am worn out with standing in line somewhere and a persons pants are hanging down so low all I can see is there underwear. How some keep them from falling down is beyond me.

1252439993878_f.jpg

• Upvote 2

Wednesday night Stockyards there was a 40+ yr old Caucasian with his jeans so loose you could see half his crack. It was a shock to any one there that they were not falling down.

I haven't seen that style in forever. Where are these lines you are waiting in?

Would you take Marshall Henderson over Collin Mangrum, I'll take Marshall Henderson any day

And I'm the one wearing Mezlan tassel loafers

Edited by Dr. Seuss