Middle Tennessee to CUSA

CurveItAround

Things are gonna get tough for the SB... I can see a scenario it's current comissioner has seen once already. Glad not to be stuck with that guy!

There is that. Even if CUSA becomes a mirror image of the 2012 Sunbelt, at least we didn't become Idaho or married to that twat who refused to acknowledge our existence during a halftime interview when we played...get this...MUTS. He called MUTS the flagship of the Sunbelt. I wouldn't pee on that guy if he were on fire.

I would MUCH PREFER that Texas State be invited than the MUTS. We cannot fill Apogee by playing the MTSU's of the world.....or the WKU's. Even if our own fans can't get too excited about Texas State, at least Texas State will bring a strong contingent of fans and help fill our stadium.

Doesn't matter who we play as long as the product on the field continues to be what it has been, we will not have a full stadium.

For me, it's either UTSA, OR TXSt. One, or the other... not both.

I'd like to guage interest in some MAC schools. Wonder if some of those schools would consider moving to C-USA? N. Illinois would be a nice target. Ohio, Miami (OH) would also be targets I would be interested in, especially if WKU joins up.

Agreed only one or the other. I would rather have WKU overMTSU. NIU would be a good option as well.

I don't see why people want ULL in.

• Upvote 1

Would have rather had ULL than WKU.

Would have rather had NO ONE ELSE from the Belt.

If UTEP, Tulsa, and Rcie bolt from CUSA to the MWC, we are right back where we started.

It is beginning to look like UNT's investment in athletics was 10 years too late.

Why ULL? Low endowment, small town, no academic perception, no respected programs vs. WKU's basketball.

• Upvote 1

Why ULL? Low endowment, small town, no academic perception, no respected programs vs. WKU's basketball.

WKU: Small town, less market, no academic perception, and basketball doesn't matter.

Plus, ULL is a natural geographical replacement for Tulane, has MUCH better football attendance than WKU, and has shown rapid improvement in basketball and football through solid coaching hires and successful seasons.

Plus, I would like to make that road trip.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It will be interesting because of location. It would seem that CUSA is in need of a team from the West. Or, we could have UAB in the West. I anticipate New Mexico State.

East (7): Charlotte, FIU, Marshall, MTSU, Old Dominion, Southern Miss, UAB

West (6): Lousiana Tech, Rice, Tulsa, UNT, UTEP, UTSA

WKU: Small town, less market, no academic perception, and basketball doesn't matter.

Plus, ULL is a natural geographical replacement for Tulane, has MUCH better football attendance than WKU, and has shown rapid improvement in basketball and football through solid coaching hires and successful seasons.

Plus, I would like to make that road trip.

Ask Memphis if Basketball doesn't matter and where that got them. People know WKU by name because of their basketball success, no one knows who ULL is.

...or WKU's football, or WKU's any-other-program-besides-Softball...

I'd rather have someone who brings something, even if its only one thing that has some national recognition. ULL doesn't bring even that.

Either way I don't think it will happen, LATech will block them. I hope we go after a MAC team, NIU or Miami would be good.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Either way I don't think it will happen, LATech will block them. I hope we go after a MAC team, NIU or Miami would be good.

The MAC has the right idea ...they keep it local to Midwest (ohio,michigan,Illinois, indiana). It would make no sense for any MAC team to leave for the CUSA in my opinion. Would love it, but no way they would leave. They know what they are and are happy with it.

This whole thing is making me sick. I was so excited that I could finally tell people who we were playing and they would have heard of them. Now, we are back to some teams no one around here has even heard of or even gives a #hit about.

• Upvote 2

For me, it's either UTSA, OR TXSt. One, or the other... not both.

I'd like to guage interest in some MAC schools. Wonder if some of those schools would consider moving to C-USA? N. Illinois would be a nice target. Ohio, Miami (OH) would also be targets I would be interested in, especially if WKU joins up.

Just add Lamar, Sam Houston and SFA for our traveling buds' and we can dominate all of that with the likes of those schools just like we did NCAA D1-AA and the Southland! (Of course we didn't do any of that and we never dominated anything at that level or in the SLC for that matter except in our dreams).

The last 10 years in Denton have eaten our proverbial Mean Green athletic lunch (so to speak) and had UNT along with our Mean Green athletic program not been located in DFW we would have never been in the first group of CUSA invitees (based on our last 10 years of dismal performances across the board). At some point in Denton, winning has to be more than just a long lost friend or ours from decades past and she just needs to give us a return visit and very soon. And is it time for more pay raises for all of this, too? We all know what the real problems are up there except the BOR's and apparently our Prez.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 1

This whole thing is making me sick. I was so excited that I could finally tell people who we were playing and they would have heard of them. Now, we are back to some teams no one around here has even heard of or even gives a #hit about.

Really? What about UTEP, Tulsa, Southern Miss, La Tech, etc..?

Playing Tulsa, Rice, UTEP and Louisiana Tech is a clear upgrade over the Sun Belt. UTSA also has potential to develop into a great rivalry.

• Upvote 2