UTA - UNT

utamav91

This is just sad to watch this team. There is no purpose to the offense. Any simple jack off the street can get a 3 against the zone. You have to use ball reversal, skip passes, get two people on you, second cutter, short corner. O wait our team wouldn't know about that because they only know how to run the fast break. Im just upset to see these guys go through the motions. They dont even know how to make a fundamental pass. That one handed crap is why we turn it over so many times. Will someone please teach these guys how to value the ball. Im tired of our guys playing like they think they are all-stars. Its going to be real simple to beat UNT this year all you have to do is make them shoot outside of 17ft and its over. They dont know how to rebound either, so you will be able to get over the back calls all night against our guys. There were plenty of opportunites to get the ball inside the zone in the first half, but our guys were content on just throwing the ball around the perimeter and thinking that would accomplish something. Umm timeout coach can I please listen into your huddle and what you told our guys to do at that point when UTA went to zone. Was the message to jack it up until it goes in? Do you have any zone beater plays? Do you have any offensive identity? I got it if you throw enough crap up at least one will have to stick and we will count on Tony to block shots until we start making them. Lots of changes are needed. Plenty of time to right the ship, but damn I feel like I could do a better job of teaching these guys offense and defense. I come cheap too.

• Upvote 3

Tony was pouting/mad at the end of the game. He didn't run back down the court, but stood beneath the basket, then walked with his head down. A few folks were giving him the business to. I am just saying what I saw and not knocking it as this year has got to have turned into a nightmare. Also did not see his Mom and this is the first game I haven't seen her. Maybe somebody else did?

I mean absolutely no offense to you personally, but I'm about as sick of this phrase as I am of the "bare cupboard."

Come on now. You better sack it up tight and get used to that brother because as far as football goes, all signs point to the bare cupboard being used at least through next season, and maybe later. Dodge left us with nothing but three swayback mares and a corncob pipe you know?

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't think the players respect Benford and his hockey style of rotating players in and out. I saw TM plead to Benford not to take him out after his second foul and he does it, it has to frustrate him even more. I don't think they can get in the flow of the game when he switches lines every time the whistle blows.

• Upvote 1

I don't think the players respect Benford and his hockey style of rotating players in and out. I saw TM plead to Benford not to take him out after his second foul and he does it, it has to frustrate him even more. I don't think they can get in the flow of the game when he switches lines every time the whistle blows.

Of course Tony didn't want to come out. But every coach in the country is going to take you out when you pick up 2 fouls in the first half, especially when you're already prone to committing dumb fouls.

• Upvote 1

The way I saw it, you saw a Mav team committed to playing defense tonight. We triple-teamed Mitchell and crashed the glass all night. Some nights the three just doesn't fall--if it did, we'd have beaten OU. To me, seems like North Texas could use another good strong post player--a back-to-the-basket guy like we have in Reves. Outler and Gruziecki knocked down some threes (hadn't been great from outside this year) and escaped with a nice win. You've got a great coach but it's gonna take a few games (or a season) to get his system down as a team. Mean Green will be fine once conference play really gets going I think.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If Mitchell didn't respect Benford, he'd be playing in the NBA right now.

Mitchell might have respected Benford when he was blowing smoke up his ass in the off season. I think he lost everyone's respect with the loss to the D2 team. If he didn't, then the team is getting what they deserve.

• Upvote 2