Regional Body Bag Games

mgfan

If we are going to have body bag games can we at least try to have them closer. I believe we should make more of an effort to play teams like

TCU, Baylor, A&M, OU, and OSU (I know we play Texas) instead of Florida, Tennessee, Georgia. By doing this we would cut down on cost of

travel, increase our fan attendance, and most importantly I can attend these closer games.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I don't like the term "body bag" games.

Do you prefer, games where NT receives a large check to travel to a big program and have it's ass handed to it better?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Do you prefer, games where NT receives a large check to travel to a big program and have it's ass handed to it better?

-- "Money Games" ... and don't even consider Baylor and TCU those. Surely there are some we stand a chance to do well or win.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps we can devise another name for a "body bag game" if it'll make everybody feel better.

How about:

1 Schedule destroying game

2 Recruting fiasco game

3 M.A.S.H. game

4 Enthusiasm ender game

5 Jump off the bandwagon game

6 Confidence killer game

7 No TV please game.

8. Coaches nightmare game

9 Mission impossible game

10 Medical red shirt game

I personally prefer "medical red shirt game" as it helps to explain why it's better to play at LSU the first game of the season.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Perhaps we can devise another name for a "body bag game" if it'll make everybody feel better.

How about:

2 Recruting fiasco game

3 M.A.S.H. game

4 Enthusiasm ender game

6 Confidence killer game

7 No TV please game.

I personally prefer "medical red shirt game" as it helps to explain why it's better to play at LSU the first game of the season.

Well played

How about:

2 Recruting fiasco game

3 M.A.S.H. game

4 Enthusiasm ender game

6 Confidence killer game

7 No TV please game.

Good material!

I think TCU is the only team to beat Stoops in Norman, and they are consistently top 10-ish and in the running with Boise every year for BCS-buster role?

Other than that, I'm inclined to agree.

I think Tech beat OU in Norman this year in a strange weather game.

• Upvote 1

If we mostly steer clear of the SEC (exc. Vandy, the Mississippi's, and A&M) and OU I'm OK with most big money games. It's just too hard to catch teams like Alabama, LSU, Florida, and OU in a down year. I wouldn't mind us scheduling a couple of PAC 12 games, since most of those teams are down as much as they are up.

• Upvote 1

Q: What happens when a team wins a BCS National Championship?.

A: 1) They get a nice crystal football trophy,

2) They get to travel to the White House and meet the President,

3) They get to open the next season at home against North Texas.

It does sometimes seem as if we plan it that way. I mean, can't we get somewhere close to the same paycheck at Arizona State as we get at LSU? I don't mind playing Texas because they definitely have their off years and I want to finally knock the MoFo's off, but playing LSU or Bama more than once every couple of decades makes little sense to me.

• Upvote 2

We have one of the easiest schedules in college football. Why is this even a conversation? Remove this year's LSU game and we likely drop to the bottom of SOS. And we still sit here and "hope" for a winning season.

As soon as these "body bag" games get in the way of our undefeated seasons, I'll talk strategic scheduling. Otherwise, give me the CASH.

Edited by Eagle1855
  • Upvote 3