Deion Sanders Jr. News

Harry

It sounds like we are getting some sound clips from the All Star game in SA. I have said this before, I would like us to sign Sanders, I think the kid can play. It sounds like it may be between us and Houston at this point.

On the recruiting trail Sanders Jr. is reporting offers from North Texas and Houston and that list has stayed pretty consistent since the last time he updated things with Scout.com in the state playoffs.

"Same thing, same as last time," Sanders Jr. Informed.

"I hope something opens up, but if not I have to take a hard look at the two I have and I am going to make the best out of it."

"I have been to a North Texas game. I have been to Houston. I have been to one of their camps. Both are pretty good schools."

Read More: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=215&f=2804&t=8541627

"I hope something opens up, but if not I have to take a hard look at the two I have and I am going to make the best out of it."

Does NT really want somebody with this type of attitude. "I'll settle for you.":angry:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I really wouldn't be surprised if we are just " holding " his offer. With guys like Leo Thomas & Jordan Batiste still on the board , Sanders is probably our 4th or 5th option. We might be the one who has to " settle " if we land Sanders Jr. That being said , I hope we land him

Edited by NT03

• 1 month later...

Deion Sanders Jr., the son of the NFL Hall of Famer, will be playing football in the Atlanta area next year.

The 5-foot-8, 175-pounder will enroll in a prep school, The Atlanta Sports Academy, which is located 45 miles north of Atlanta in Dawsonville. The two Deions will visit the campus on Wednesday or Thursday.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/03/06/deion-sanders-jr-headed-to-atlanta-to-play-football/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

Deion Sanders Jr., the son of the NFL Hall of Famer, will be playing football in the Atlanta area next year.

The 5-foot-8, 175-pounder will enroll in a prep school, The Atlanta Sports Academy, which is located 45 miles north of Atlanta in Dawsonville. The two Deions will visit the campus on Wednesday or Thursday.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/03/06/deion-sanders-jr-headed-to-atlanta-to-play-football/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

Hilarious

Connor Trussell stand with the Feldts and Blake Dunham

When you get together with the other players and their parents, you will find out that MOST of players did not just settle for UNT and in fact chose UNT over other supposedly equal or higher rated programs.

• Upvote 4

When you get together with the other players and their parents, you will find out that MOST of players did not just settle for UNT and in fact chose UNT over other supposedly equal or higher rated programs.

I have no reason to doubt what you've said, and find it refreshing in comparison to the SMU-like putdowns (many by GMG.com memebers!) of our fair alma mater, which in many, if not most degree offerings, ranges from world beater to regionally competitive.

And our women and music are LEGEND!

Edited by eulessismore

I actually spoke with Connor Trussell last weekend, and I can ASSURE you that he CHOSE UNT and is EXCITED to have chosen UNT over other DI schools, including SMU.

INDEED! For some of our very own to post garbage about "most" recruits settling for UNT because they did not receive any other/better offers is just beyond inane! I, for one, can name several ...many...players (present and past) who definitely chose UNT over other (and at times more prestigious...from a football standpoint) D-1 universities. AND, not just in football!

Sometimes the Mean Green Nation simply cannot get out of its own way in its attempts to quash the negativity that seems to surround UNT. Having graduated from two other universities as well as UNT, I can assure you that some UNT "fans" and alums need to get a bit of perspective.

To make such disparaging comments smacks right in the face of the players and parents who chose UNT, and is so very misleading and simply WRONG!

GOOD GRIEF. I get so very tired of this attitude displayed by some of the Mean Green's own. I often wonder why and where this inferiority complex comes from in some of these alums and fans??????

• Upvote 2

Is it bad that I hope he goes to Atlanta and regresses? :)

Deion is a punk! You think he would want to help his local community.

I hope Deion SR has to come back and beg for a scholarship for JR.

Edited by Grant.UNT
  • Upvote 2

Is it bad that I hope he goes to Atlanta and regresses? :)

Deion is a punk! You think he would want to help his local community.

I hope Deion SR has to come back and beg for a scholarship for JR.

It's hard to hold this against Jr. when he has a dad that acts like his does.

INDEED! For some of our very own to post garbage about "most" recruits settling for UNT because they did not receive any other/better offers is just beyond inane! I, for one, can name several ...many...players (present and past) who definitely chose UNT over other (and at times more prestigious...from a football standpoint) D-1 universities. AND, not just in football!

Sometimes the Mean Green Nation simply cannot get out of its own way in its attempts to quash the negativity that seems to surround UNT. Having graduated from two other universities as well as UNT, I can assure you that some UNT "fans" and alums need to get a bit of perspective.

To make such disparaging comments smacks right in the face of the players and parents who chose UNT, and is so very misleading and simply WRONG!

GOOD GRIEF. I get so very tired of this attitude displayed by some of the Mean Green's own. I often wonder why and where this inferiority complex comes from in some of these alums and fans??????

I agree. It really is ridiculous that some actually believe the garbage spewed out by our "adversaries" and thus deem themselves and their school as inferior. It's hard to move forward with an inferiority complex. Sad.

• 2 weeks later...