Big Announcement...

cdizzle86

This won't do anything to affect attendance. Its stupid. If you were gonna go Bush-league and move your homecoming game, at least do it early enough to make a substantial difference. I now have to alter plans I had earlier in the day. Which isn't a big deal because I'm as flexible as Simon Rex.

At this point, my chief annoyance is that it will be decidedly warmer (less comfortable) during the game and I LOVE fall night games in Denton, but hey, we'll get over it.

• Upvote 2

This won't do anything to affect attendance. Its stupid. If you were gonna go Bush-league and move your homecoming game, at least do it early enough to make a substantial difference. I now have to alter plans I had earlier in the day. Which isn't a big deal because I'm as flexible as Simon Rex.

Mark me down as irritated as well. Yes, it's the Rangers and yes it's the World Series. People have already made their choices when it comes to Homecoming versus the Rangers game. What this does do is inconvenience those of us who chose the Mean Green over the Rangers. We'll make it all work, but moving your kickoff time up and cutting into tailgating the week of your Homecoming game isn't cool.

This dumb and will only make attendance worse, who's jackassed idea is this. Most people don't pay attention to time changes. Stupid is as stupid does and doesn't really help with the Ranger game.

All this accomplishes is it F's up everyones schedules.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

New to the scene but I'm not a fan of this at all. Alumni's family, student's family (the 7 students that actually care to show up to games), season ticket holders who's kids have obligations on Saturday (hence why the 6:00 start times are great!) have the potential to be negetivly impacted by this decision.

I'm lucky that this doesn't effect me what so ever but we had an established gametime and we should have stuck to it.

My only hope now is that UNT fans get off their backsides and in their seats and aren't gathered around a tv/radio when our game is going on (I saw far to much of this during the FAU game).

Get out and support this team. Everyone of us has a responsiblity to help cheer on this team and get the program some respect!

I am so disappointed in this move. Stupdi call!! Yet again, someone continues to say we are back seat, second best, under par!! If we can't make decisions that say we believe in ourselves and stand for something, why in the world do we expect others to do anything different. Denton and the Metroplex don't believe in us because we don't! believe in ourselves. Who cares about the Rangers first game. Divo it rocket scientist!! This is UNT football!! Why can't we believe its worth watching?? It starts with us folks.I don't get emotional often, I'm just fed up but not giving up!!!