Booing :(

Ibleedgreen

I'm glad most of you don't hear the colorful language we use when heckling. It's all in good fun and most the time the opposing players get a good laugh out of it. Though the goal is to get inside a players head and make him lose his cool, like #15.

I've never liked the "you let the whole team down" chant. No creativity and something middle schoolers would use.

It is classless. I told my son and daughter not to do it. I hew more to the way Nebraska fans treat their opponents, with class and light applause when they run onto the field. There is enough time for yelling and distracting the opponent during the game.

I've always thought bigger opposing schools booing us as we enter field was classless. At OU and UT and other places. Ridiculous. We pose virtually no threat to them.

Rednecks are going to be rednecks, though. The best you can do is teach your own kids not to act like them. That's the route we take.

I agree. This is what I was taught by my parents and I will do the same with my kids.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Should we devote a thread to the opponent player who gets the most angry at the heckling each game? We can set it up so that they would search under their own name and see a link to our board?

Starting With Florida Atlantic Linebacker #15 Randell Johnson who should be suspended for his Douche-Lord actions on the field. Way to go Randell....you tell those freshman girls who they are messing with. Maybe if you didn't look like Whoopie Goldberg you may not have that many hecklers targeting you.

6622237.jpeg

whoopi.gif

- Throwing beer bottles and snowballs with batteries in them...classless.

- Poisoning 200 year old Oak trees...classless.

- Filing the opponent's team bus with manure...funny, but classless.

- Yalies pretending to be the Harvard Pep Squad handing out flip-cards that spell out "We Suck" to the Harvard student section in 2004...awesome, but way above the capabilities of our fan base.

- Booing? Seriously? Not only is it fine, it's too be expected.

• Upvote 2

I have to say booing in general is claseless. I'd rather exert my energy by cheering for the Green. Save the effort for our guys in a positive manner. Tech fans will boo a player when he is down and is helped off the field. That's really the bottom of sportsmanship.

Just cheer our guys on and let's play the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I applaud the Texas Tech fans who used shoe polish and fish bait to foul up the TA&M student busses over the weekend. What a ballsy Animal House thing to do. Real college football is based on rivalries - what's a greater way to fuel a rivalry with a little vandalism? Nice work Tech fans. Aggies will remember this one, that's for sure.

Now if only some Green Greeks in Denton like maybe the old Delta Lodge would share a little vandalism with the U La Monroe busses on Homecoming, that would be classic...even though the Delta Lodge burned down years ago...would be fun to fule the fire a bit. Get some great pics, post em up here.

Go Mean Green.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I don't see a reason to boo a team pregame. I prefer silent indifference...oh you are here, hadn't noticed that since you really don't matter that much.

Booing after dirty plays, expected. Heckling (no profanity, and keep it in line with what they are doing that game), expected.

Booing them as they come in will just get them more pumped up. Much better to pick at them over flopping like a fish when touched (all sports), dropping a pass, making a big mistake. remind them of their failures so that behavior might continue. Being a part of a raucous home crowd is all we can do to help out our players, booing at the start is I think counterproductive.

• Upvote 1

I want the crowds to be loud and supportive, but am old school when it comes to sportsmanship. I don't believe heckling individual players serves any purpose other than getting them fired up. I still remember that Trilli committed a center, Jackson was his name if I remember correctly. Jackson couldn't get into NT for academic reasons and went to Juco and ending up at another Belt team. The pit crew or their earlier counter part, took great delight in relating how they had got into his head at a SPit game. Yes he was visually angered by their taunts, but he only had what was probably the best game in his life with over 20 points and 20 rebounds.

Right. It's called the Wussification of America.

No, it is the difference in having class and being a Tech/LSU fan. Just the way I was brought up. I never got in trouble for making noise when the other team had the ball, cheering for my team, etc..., but I was not allowed to boo the other team, use profanity or boo an official. Guess it came from the fact that my father was a coach at one time and also officiated games. I used to umpire baseball and it changed my whole perspective on getting mad at officials, unless they did something obvious or didn't know the rules.

• Upvote 1