Urban Meyer Resigns

FloMoGrad

I think that there is 0 chance for Leavitt or Leach. I think that Mullen would be a good choice, but after the Zook experience, some Bull Gators may gripe about his limited head coaching experience. My dream candidate would be Gary Patterson, but I don't think that he will leave TCU.

• Upvote 2

I think for a gig like Florida I can see Gary Patterson at least considering it. Mullen is a good choice but what about Kyle Whittingham from Utah? He's done well there after Meyer left and I think he would be a great candidate to replace Meyer.

Patterson is a great football coach. That said I hope he is smart enough to know that he is a good fit for TCU and TCU is a good fit for him.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Patterson is a great football coach. That said I hope he is smart enough to know that he is a good fit for TCU and TCU is a good fit for him.

If Patterson weren't very loyal to TCU, he'd have been long gone to a BCS AQ school. But this is Florida. If they were to come at him hard, it would be awfully tempting.

(Yes, I realize I set that one up on the tee).

I think for a gig like Florida I can see Gary Patterson at least considering it. Mullen is a good choice but what about Kyle Whittingham from Utah? He's done well there after Meyer left and I think he would be a great candidate to replace Meyer.

I don't see GP wanting to leave, and I think TCU has the resources to keep him. GP spent a long time getting to where he's gotten and he seems real content.

I moved to South of Tampa earlier this year, and incidentally have a lot of coworkers who are ex-gators, some just a few months out of school, and the consensus I hear from them, fwiw, is they go after McCarney to come back... I don't think Dan leaves us in the lurch like that, but crazier things have happened. Just thought I'd share.

I moved to South of Tampa earlier this year, and incidentally have a lot of coworkers who are ex-gators, some just a few months out of school, and the consensus I hear from them, fwiw, is they go after McCarney to come back... I don't think Dan leaves us in the lurch like that, but crazier things have happened. Just thought I'd share.

I don't think it would be that crazy simply because that job is so good right now. I will feel better once that job is filled.

I don't think it would be that crazy simply because that job is so good right now. I will feel better once that job is filled.

I don't think Mccarney is going anywhere, but if he does, how much would UNT get from Florida for buying out his contract? Vito needs to get on that and file a freedom of information act request.

I think McCarney probably knew, or at least suspected Urban was leaving. I doubt this decision was made on a whim. Makes me think that there was something between Urban and Dan. Maybe Urban was going to suggest someone else to replace him other than Mac.

IF Patterson left for Florida, I would think the Froggies would grab Leavitt off of the streets.

I think Mullen is the early favorite. Pat Forde of ESPN says not to sleep on Bob Stoops either. He has kicked the tires on a few jobs in the past, most notably Notre Dame last year, but he hasn't driven one off the lot since OU.

I can't see Gary Patterson leaving TCU. Sometimes a coach and a school are just a good fit. I think Patterson is that way with TCU, much like Chris Peterson is that way with Boise State.