Texas Tech (11/16/10)

CMJ

Great plug from Channel 4:

"And North Texas beat the Tech-men"

That's it.

Saw that too. Everyone needs to call "Tell it to Tim" and leave an ugly message. It's hard to reach your fan base and get them excited when they don't get the news.

The student section was awesome tonight, and we came early. My girlfriend and I got there 30 minutes before tipoff and we were still stuck sitting at the top row of the lower bowl. I have never had more fun or been more pumped up for a sporting event ever. This will be one of the best memories of my time as a studnent at UNT. Hopefully this crowd will carry throughout this great season.

• Upvote 2

I missed the OSU game so this is by far the best game I have ever been to in the PIT. There were times the crowd was so loud my ears were ringing. I really hope we continue to get a strong contingent of students, alumni, and fans to come to the games as creating that type of atmosphere makes the games even more fun.

I hope I can get calmed down soon, I'm still jacked about the game. :)

Edited by UNTFan23

I sat up top since student section was filled in the lower bowl, a lot of people up there didnt pay much attention. One girl in front of me was reading a book the whole time.

I sat up top since student section was filled in the lower bowl, a lot of people up there didnt pay much attention. One girl in front of me was reading a book the whole time.

I was in the front row of student section, and when I looked back and toward the ceiling during Mean Green free throws, I saw a ton of eagle claws from floor to wall.

Unbelievable. Not a single local station showed a highlight of this game, but they showed all the empty seats at the TCU-SMU snoozer.

NBC didn't say one thing about the NT-Tech game. Snub. 7,000 + in attendance and not one word. The best players on SMU and TCU could combine to form one team, and we would still beat them. We will continue to receive this kind of attention, or lack of attention, as long as we tolerate it.

Get mad, make calls, and rock the boat.

Be loved or be hated, but lets not be ignored.

• Upvote 2

I knew we were gonna win as soon as Roberson fouled out with about 2 min left to play in regulation. What a heckuva game! Tristan didn't find his shot until late in the second half, but when he did he couldn't miss and that opened up Josh to go ballistic on them in OT.

Hogans was AWESOME, covering Singletary really well tonight on D. Watching the banners go up before the game was awesome as well. So proud of the Mean Green tonight!

This was one of the best games I've witnessed at the Pit - ever, and I've been going to games since I was a teenager in the 80's. Loved it!!!!! From the music fraternity singing the anthem so well, to the banners being hung, our awesome drum line at the half, the incredible student turnout and support, and a win over a Big-12 team, in freaking OT. It was fantastic!

What is also good, is seeing the two friends I came with that are Tech grads going quiet in the OT period, knowing they were about to lose. They've ribbed me over the years for being a UNT grad and fan and it was NICE to return the favor!

• Upvote 5

I knew we were gonna win as soon as Roberson fouled out with about 2 min left to play in regulation. What a heckuva game! Tristan didn't find his shot until late in the second half, but when he did he couldn't miss and that opened up Josh to go ballistic on them in OT.

Hogans was AWESOME, covering Singletary really well tonight on D. Watching the banners go up before the game was awesome as well. So proud of the Mean Green tonight!

Trisitan played a tough game, I don't know how many times he laid his body out on the line trying to pick up a charge or drive through the lane.

Tech board is going ape shit. Not one post I have read has given us any credit, more so all of them losing it because they lost to little ol North Texas. A few have even resorted to talking about how KU is going to hammer us by 40 points to make themselves feel better.

Ass Clowns

Oh man this feels so good. Eat it Tech...

Edited by ntmeangreen11

Unbelievable. Not a single local station showed a highlight of this game, but they showed all the empty seats at the TCU-SMU snoozer.

The same thing happened last year when we beat UTA in Double OT in Arlington. No one even gave the score of that game on the 10pm news. I know that UTA isn't the biggest name around, but they have a lot of alumni, just like we do in the DFW area. This is what makes it tough on the fans of the program. The majority of the media in DFW just won't give us much attention. I know its a pro sports market and a Big XII market, but I believe Tech is still in the Big XII and I highly doubt SMU-TCU drew even close to 4000 they show in the box score, yet they get the attention tonight. Its just the way it is. We can keep winning, but it will take some monumental success for UNT to get the coverage that it deserves. And, by the way, doing an email campaign just gets you sarcastic coverage. In other words, you can send these emails and then Newy Scruggs or Dale Hansen will say something along the lines of, "Well, I just got tons of emails from UNT people expressing their displeasure with the lack of coverage. Well, here you go. UNT loses to KU by 20 tonight. There you go." It always goes this way.

What really makes tonight's game so special for me was that this was the best game I have ever been to at the Super Pit and I have been going to games since my freshman year in 1991-1992. I took my two boys, 5 and 2, and all three of us were in Mean Green Gear cheering on the home team. What a great experience and one that I won't ever forget--nor will my oldest son, who said after the game, "Dad, thanks for taking me to the game tonight. I am so happy the Mean Green won!!" It wasn't his first game by any stretch, but it was his first game to cheer loud because he understood what was going on when each team had possession of the ball. So screw the local media--this game may have deserved more attention, but it will be talked about on this forum and in our home for years to come!! GMG!!

• Upvote 1

Let's knock off Kansas and Kansas State. Then maybe people will notice.

The same thing happened last year when we beat UTA in Double OT in Arlington. No one even gave the score of that game on the 10pm news. I know that UTA isn't the biggest name around, but they have a lot of alumni, just like we do in the DFW area. This is what makes it tough on the fans of the program. The majority of the media in DFW just won't give us much attention. I know its a pro sports market and a Big XII market, but I believe Tech is still in the Big XII and I highly doubt SMU-TCU drew even close to 4000 they show in the box score, yet they get the attention tonight. Its just the way it is. We can keep winning, but it will take some monumental success for UNT to get the coverage that it deserves. And, by the way, doing an email campaign just gets you sarcastic coverage. In other words, you can send these emails and then Newy Scruggs or Dale Hansen will say something along the lines of, "Well, I just got tons of emails from UNT people expressing their displeasure with the lack of coverage. Well, here you go. UNT loses to KU by 20 tonight. There you go." It always goes this way.

What really makes tonight's game so special for me was that this was the best game I have ever been to at the Super Pit and I have been going to games since my freshman year in 1991-1992. I took my two boys, 5 and 2, and all three of us were in Mean Green Gear cheering on the home team. What a great experience and one that I won't ever forget--nor will my oldest son, who said after the game, "Dad, thanks for taking me to the game tonight. I am so happy the Mean Green won!!" It wasn't his first game by any stretch, but it was his first game to cheer loud because he understood what was going on when each team had possession of the ball. So screw the local media--this game may have deserved more attention, but it will be talked about on this forum and in our home for years to come!! GMG!!

i meant in football and basketball[

quote name='TheTastyGreek' timestamp='1289969987' post='527748']

Louisiana State, not Kansas State.

But- Pearl Harbor, the Germans... Just roll with it.

• Upvote 1

I missed the OSU game so this is by far the best game I have ever been to in the PIT. There were times the crowd was so loud my ears were ringing. I really hope we continue to get a strong contingent of students, alumni, and fans to come to the games as creating that type of atmosphere makes the games even more fun.

I hope I can get calmed down soon, I'm still jacked about the game. :)

I was at the OSU game as a student and I could tell from the RADIO that this game was AMAZING and by far passed our past OSU game. My only regret is that I couldn't have been there.

Some more message board chatter has some posters claiming home court officiating? You have got to be kidding me, there were more than a few calls that went Tech's way tonight. White's incredible charge with his back to the player during a spin move comes to mind.

Is it all that crazy to just give us credit because we proved we're better than you tonight?