Texas Tech (11/16/10)

CMJ

Not sure why the PA guy said it was the largest crowd in history. I need to find the list again, but I think it hit the #6 spot. An absolutely amazing atmosphere. I've seen many college games, including a few at storied Pauley Pavilion(granted not against a top 25 opponent) and none of them had anything on the SuperPit last night. Awesome stuff.

he said it was the 5th largest.

The Tech fans sitting around us did NOT see this coming. It was so wonderful watching the realization rapidly arrive on their faces. Outside of Singletary and maybe the big white thug, I saw no one on their roster I'd like for our own.

Reese and Crockett over either of those two.

Now, that's what I'm talking about when it comes to fan and student support. Students were fantastic last evening and the place was really nicely filled...7100+...George (or Hank...I don't recall) said it was the largest crowd in 30 years. I loved the fact that so many football players and football coaches were in attendance as well. Coach Canales told me last evening that he told the team that unless they had academic commitments, he wanted to see them at the game.

This is one of the games to remember. Great to see the Tech fans walking out "head in hand" after so many had a few negative things to say about UNT. Shows what they know...I guess the news really doesn't get out to the sandy wasteland of Lubbock these days.

Anyway, well done JJ and company. You guys rock! So, let's bring this crowd back for the Rice game next Tuesday! GO MEAN GREEN!

Scoreboard.

Go roll in the aisles and giggle on Techland. It's in the bag. Josh White's enormous, horse-sized Man Bag.

Tech boards Dragondawg must be in an identity crisis right about now. Pretty harsh before the game.

My experience reading a lot of BCS AQ boards leads me to believe many - if not most - of their fans do not comprehend the parity that exists in bball vs. football.

Reese and Crockett over either of those two.

I'm sure the two you named are probably more talented, I just really liked the game I saw out of Singletary. That kid was all over the court all night long pestering everyone. Plus... Every team needs a gigantic white guy.

I'm sure the two you named are probably more talented, I just really liked the game I saw out of Singletary. That kid was all over the court all night long pestering everyone. Plus... Every team needs a gigantic white guy.

It didn't look like Singletary wanted to take over the game until it was too late.

Crockett was very tough last night. He was a matchup nightmare for our D. He scored down low with ease, and he had a nice outside shot as well. I think this guy will be very good for them in the future.

Man last night was a hell of a game. Probably the best experience I have had since I came here in 2007. I had a great time down in the pit crew, and rushing the court. Which was led by former football walk on Robbie Deheck. That kid is crazy, he heckled the Tech bench the entire night.

wow what a great crowed. Everyone was focused, which was nice to see. Mostly people are milling around and talking but everyone kept their attention on the game last night. These kind of games really build school pride and you can tell everyone was bursting with it after the game.

Josh White has ice in his veins. I thought he would run out of time but he came through. Odufawa, Thompson, and Hogans are also terrific, as well as the whole team.

I was really pulling for 8-8.5k in the crowd and was a little disappointed that there weren't more people but the ones who came we couldn't ask for better support.

On a side note I hadn't been to the Pit in a while. When did they repaint/remodel the concession stands? It looked very, very nice. Especially the trophy display area.

(I'm trying to attatch an image from my computer, I pick the picture but when I click the "choose this file" button nothing happens.??)

Edited by Green Otaku