Dodge's Rough Two-Deep

Brett Vito

Jackson and Carey - I will bet they hold them both out of this game to ensure they are available for Rice

If they can play I hope not. That mentality is a part of what has caused the lack of success by TD. The Clemson game should be the Super Bowl for North Texas. Now, I agree being smart with personnel and not sacrificing the season just to have a shot a Clemson as that's a given. But, we need to go into Clemson with the 'renegade' mindset of having nothing to lose and and a chance to make noise. In these games the past few years, Dodge has conceded the game before the whistle ever blew; and that cannot send a positive message to your team, so they just lay down and try to get out healthy, shorten the game by running Cam Mongtomery into the middle of the Bama Defense for 3 downs and punt, etc. It's a shame. Go in there and try to win the thing. Pin your ears back and give them your best shot. If we're ever going to make headway that type of mentality Dodge has (thus trickles down to his players) has got to change. I hope Dodge can grasp that because this year's bunch has talent, but if he doesn't this team will not live up to it's potential and he'll be shown the door come December, and we'll start off by getting blown out at Clemson.

• Upvote 2

Gotta play your best unless they could hamper the recovery from injury. It's Clemson...it's not the San Diego Chargers for God's sake...it's not like they are that much bigger and faster and our players have to worry about eating through a straw for the rest of their lives.

Yeah, it's not like DeAndre McDaniel or Da'Quon Bowers won't be 1st round picks in next year's draft or anything.

You gotta admit the risk is there for Bowers to blow by Gill and hit Tune VERY hard, or for McDaniel to punish one of the WR's for lingering in the middle too long. However, I do agree that you play your best players in every situation. Clemson or D-3 Trinity.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, it's not like DeAndre McDaniel or Da'Quon Bowers won't be 1st round picks in next year's draft or anything.

You gotta admit the risk is there for Bowers to blow by Gill and hit Tune VERY hard, or for McDaniel to punish one of the WR's for lingering in the middle too long. However, I do agree that you play your best players in every situation. Clemson or D-3 Trinity.

It is kind of like me driving on the right side of the road while semis are heading toward me on the other side of the that yellow line. We have a mutual agreement that him hitting me would harm him, even though it would definitely do worse damage to me. Whatever D* named people they have doesn't want to go ass wild on the likes of UNT, because it may damage their draft position with a nice injury, even though they may get the chance unload on Tune. Most likely they tackle him and go after the ball. Now, if this were a rivalry game, then they may put caution to the wind -- on a side note, who is Clemson's rival?

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 1

So what you are saying is Clemson = Texas Tech of the Carolinas?

I'll save a future Clemson poster the trouble by paraphrasing his or her response

Herr derp derp derp hurr derp derp South Carolina derp herr herr 1981 derp herr herr

• Upvote 1

1981 was a pretty big year for John Hinckley, Jr., you know.

But he couldn't build on his momentum and close the deal with Jodie Foster. It's been two decades of stagnation for the guy.

Clemson is the John Hinckley of the ACC.

It's not like USC's done much since then either, but they were nearby when it happened. Could they be the James Brady of this terrible, terrible analogy?

• Upvote 1

Actually, it's been almost three decades for the lad...and still no Jodie Foster.

The thing I like about Clemson is that I met this gal in grad school who went there and she had a really nice personality and was, at the time, hotter than fish grease. She now lives in Atlanta and is married another man. But, hey...that's life in the big city.

Go, Clemson?

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 1

It says that B.J. Lewis is injured but the previous post he describes B.J. Lewis as playing in practice? Also, does anyone know the expected return date for Darius Carey?

I believe that I recall that Lewis practiced in a red jersey (no hitting). Just getting his conditioning and timing back. I doubt that he'll be ready for the first game or two. They were trying to have Carey ready for Clemson but may have decided to wait until the following week when they play Rice.