Arkansas State (1/16/10)

CMJ

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on your win and glad to see you returning to form for the stretch run.

FYI: ASU Coach Brady said the ASU will have the services of their suspended forward JeJuan Brown for the game Saturday but said nothing about their injured guard, Daniel Bryant. If both return they would have 10 players available and they will need them to have a chance against you guys Saturday.

Anyone have any useful tips on making a sister-in-law, her small child and wife want to go to this after attending a 1 p.m. hockey game required of said wife's work?

Tell your wife if she doesn't go to the game that you that you will hold it against her the rest of her life and that everytime you get in an argument with her, no matter what the argument is about, that you will bring up the fact that she didn't go to this game with you. Once the shocked look appears on her face reinforce it by saying "And no, I'm not kidding" then just walk away and punch a hole in the nearest wall. Works every time.

Tell your wife if she doesn't go to the game that you that you will hold it against her the rest of her life and that everytime you get in an argument with her, no matter what the argument is about, that you will bring up the fact that she didn't go to this game with you. Once the shocked look appears on her face reinforce it by saying "And no, I'm not kidding" then just walk away and punch a hole in the nearest wall. Works every time.

The real problem is Hot Springs. She is fine with this being an annual thing, but when a regular game conflicts with something else, she immediately turns the week long sojourn to the land of hot hoops into a deadly weapon.

Anyone have any useful tips on making a sister-in-law, her small child and wife want to go to this after attending a 1 p.m. hockey game required of said wife's work?

So, you are saying you will attend a hockey game in support of your wife's work, but she will not attend a UNT basketball game to support something you would like to do? Interesting. Leave the wife, the sister-in-law and kid at home and get yourself to the Super Pit for the game. Grab a friend if you want and go! What's the deal with that? Sounds easy to me and pretty darn accommodating at that. I assume you are kidding about all this, right?

So, you are saying you will attend a hockey game in support of your wife's work, but she will not attend a UNT basketball game to support something you would like to do? Interesting. Leave the wife, the sister-in-law and kid at home and get yourself to the Super Pit for the game. Grab a friend if you want and go! What's the deal with that? Sounds easy to me and pretty darn accommodating at that. I assume you are kidding about all this, right?

She will not attend this game because her sister is driving up from Houston with a 5 year old in tow to see an actual performance by the team she coaches during the Stars game. This has nothing to do with the Stars game, but the team needs a coach to supervise it before, during and after. When this is finally all over and the last kid has gone home, it will be evening and there will be an expectation to entertain the family and I am stuck being included in that since we have guests.

Does it make me want to die inside? Yes, but it's also not very negotiable unless I decide game 8 of the conference schedule is where I decide to put the hammer down, devil-be-damned.

To add a new variable to the mix, I may be working from about 6 pm tonight through noon tomorrow with little break, putting me further in the hot seat. We have also not seen each other much for about two weeks because of conferences and business travel. I've drug her to all sorts of football, basketball and related events in the past and even coined a phrase making fun of her school that won't die 3 years later. She's done hockey season tickets for NHL playoff rounds, goes to about 10 baseball games with me each summer, finally saw NT win a game in person for the first time this season against WKU and is standing triumphantly in the background with me in the photo against OSU from a few years ago. You even got to comment on her butt at the Ball State watching party. If you question her devotion again, I will cut you. :)

This battle is lost, but hopefully someone has a creative, or at least funny, idea.

She will not attend this game because her sister is driving up from Houston with a 5 year old in tow to see an actual performance by the team she coaches during the Stars game. This has nothing to do with the Stars game, but the team needs a coach to supervise it before, during and after. When this is finally all over and the last kid has gone home, it will be evening and there will be an expectation to entertain the family and I am stuck being included in that since we have guests.

Does it make me want to die inside? Yes, but it's also not very negotiable unless I decide game 8 of the conference schedule is where I decide to put the hammer down, devil-be-damned.

To add a new variable to the mix, I may be working from about 6 pm tonight through noon tomorrow with little break, putting me further in the hot seat. We have also not seen each other much for about two weeks because of conferences and business travel. I've drug her to all sorts of football, basketball and related events in the past and even coined a phrase making fun of her school that won't die 3 years later. She's done hockey season tickets for NHL playoff rounds, goes to about 10 baseball games with me each summer, finally saw NT win a game in person for the first time this season against WKU and is standing triumphantly in the background with me in the photo against OSU from a few years ago. You even got to comment on her butt at the Ball State watching party. If you question her devotion again, I will cut you. :)

This battle is lost, but hopefully someone has a creative, or at least funny, idea.

NO SIR...I "quoted" about your hand on her butt....I said NOTHING about her butt! Your memory is hazy at best! :lol: I question not her devotion...but your position within the "pecking order" in your castle...excuses, excuses, that's all I ever get from you... :lol::lol: