Fire Dodge Now Rick!

meangreenbob

Holy crap.... yes we do....

and we should get that win on Saturday. Don't know how much it will mean, but I know if something goes wrong and it goes the other way, the GMG servers will actually find a way to commit cyber-suicide... and not in some painless housewife sleeping pills way, either. Messy. No note.

What I can't believe that hasn't been pointed out is that Lazer DOES give to the program. He is a student. All students pay into the athletic department's budget. Furthermore, he is a student. You know, student - those youngish people that actually curently attend the university. The one the university exists for...

So f'em Lazer. I pretty much disagree with your thoughts, but I totally support your right to expect more and post about it. These posters that can donate but don't are a different story though.

If a current UNT student doesn't have the right to demand things from UNT, then who the hell does?

I believe Lazer states that on page 4? And I agree with you, all students do pay into the athletic department and they do have a say. Which leads me to clarify:

When I stated:

You can complain all you want. That's your right. But when it comes to "Demanding" a coaching change, your voice is very limited.

I meant those who are demanding a coaching change who do nothing, give nothing and support nothing, then turn around and attack those who do. And I also meant it in general, not directly to Lazer. My apologies to Lazer if that's how it came across.

Again, we need a win.

Rick

The University has Dodge's salary taken care of, so why not pool the money together and bring in Dick Bumpas?????? My vote for the next UNT Head Coach. With that said leave Dodge here with his salary and make him the OC/Assistant HC (to justify the salary). And look forward to the next 3 years with a father and son offensive attack from HELL and one of the greatest Defensive minds of current to help shape it up going into the new stadium!!!!

JMO.....

The University has Dodge's salary taken care of, so why not pool the money together and bring in Dick Bumpas?????? My vote for the next UNT Head Coach. With that said leave Dodge here with his salary and make him the OC/Assistant HC (to justify the salary). And look forward to the next 3 years with a father and son offensive attack from HELL and one of the greatest Defensive minds of current to help shape it up going into the new stadium!!!!

JMO.....

Good idea, but it wont happen. How embarrassing would that be for TD to be demoted by the AD to OC. He would have to be moved to another part of teh Athletic Department where he couldn't even sniff a football field. That's teh only way reassigning him would work.

• Upvote 1

Wow, I just saw someone argue with themselves (via a second account) AND another person agree with themselves (via a second acount).

This thread is awesome.

You know who you are, stop it.

It's time to come clean.

I'm FireFightnRick.

Been gone for a few days, and I finally fought through this diatribe.

Thanks to those who contributed the 5 or 6 posts on this thread worth the time.

I like reading both sides of the debate. My kryptonite is the vitriol that some feel is the only way to make their point.

Reasoned, well-thought out discussion is fun. Honest debate with folks that care deeply about the subject is, frankly, gosh-darned democratic.

Lots of capital letters and explanation points sandwiching emoticons and knee jerk is a waste of bandwidth.

I know this: when you have a bad meal at a restaurant you truly love, complaining to everyone (patrons, potential patrons, restaurant critics, etc) except the chef harms, and doesn't help.

This format enables those who don't give (be it in student fees, services in kind, cash, etc) to the program to complain (and yes, non-givers have the right to complain...heck, I suspect those guys are usually the loudest at my church also). Those that don't give know that they aren't heard very clearly where it matters, so they come here. Those that withhold their support until they get their way find ways not to give even when things change. Those that give know that they have an ear where, when and with whom it matters...and those that give the most, probably get heard the quickest.

And I almost forgot: an occasional s-bomb (aimed at the moderator or not) used for emphasis, should not get someone banned for four weeks.

Clearly those who give money (A LOT OF MONEY) get no special treatment on this board and, it could be argued, are scrutinized more closely.

As one who has been banned for something pretty inane (I think I called The Fake a douche one time), I know the feeling SUMG.

But,

GMG

Right, and I'm Tasty the Greek!

Sorry, Tasty...just couldn't resist... :lol:

It's like a Tyler Durden thing.

I never sleep... I just shut down and start functioning as KRAM without consciously realizing it.

The first rule of the Mean Green Club is... You do not talk about negative developments.

He owe's shaft aboslutely nothing.

Rick

I'll settle for a hug.

Um, why is this about me? I don't give to the school because I don't agree with their coaching choice. I suggest we set up new coaching fund so I can give back to the school in a productive sense.

Once Dodge is gone I'll go back to giving to the school. I'll probably even start with a contribution to the stadium fund.

It's been a damn fine and convenient excuse. Just not the entire reason.

Hell I will just give you Tequila shots until you agree with me if I am on the Sh!t list, if not I will just give you tequila shots. Thats how I tailgate!

I haven't posted in a while, but I felt I should now. Give it a rest. He has made HUGE strides for the program since DD left. The team on the field this year is equally as good if not better than the 02 NOB team. I am fairly certain they would whoop that team head to head. The difference is the caliber of teams in the belt is also better than it was in 02. Dodge is building a program and he is doing it while being punished for Dickey's mistakes. Every year the team gets better and better and the quality of the players on the field get better and better. I think it will all come together next year with Riley's 2nd year as QB. As for this year and those that want him fired now, give it a rest.

I haven't posted in a while, but I felt I should now. Give it a rest. He has made HUGE strides for the program since DD left. The team on the field this year is equally as good if not better than the 02 NOB team. I am fairly certain they would whoop that team head to head. The difference is the caliber of teams in the belt is also better than it was in 02. Dodge is building a program and he is doing it while being punished for Dickey's mistakes. Every year the team gets better and better

I sincerely, sincerely hope this is some genius comedy.

If not, I mean, I can't even concieve of where to begin.

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

I haven't posted in a while, but I felt I should now. Give it a rest. He has made HUGE strides for the program since DD left. The team on the field this year is equally as good if not better than the 02 NOB team. I am fairly certain they would whoop that team head to head. The difference is the caliber of teams in the belt is also better than it was in 02. Dodge is building a program and he is doing it while being punished for Dickey's mistakes. Every year the team gets better and better and the quality of the players on the field get better and better. I think it will all come together next year with Riley's 2nd year as QB. As for this year and those that want him fired now, give it a rest.

no. maybe as good as 01 team, but not 02.

I haven't posted in a while, but I felt I should now. Give it a rest. He has made HUGE strides for the program since DD left. The team on the field this year is equally as good if not better than the 02 NOB team. I am fairly certain they would whoop that team head to head. The difference is the caliber of teams in the belt is also better than it was in 02.

hahahahahahahaha!!!

If you really believe that no wonder you think Dodge is a good coach.

I'll settle for a hug.

Um, why is this about me? I don't give to the school because I don't agree with their coaching choice. I suggest we set up new coaching fund so I can give back to the school in a productive sense.

Once Dodge is gone I'll go back to giving to the school. I'll probably even start with a contribution to the stadium fund.

Now it all makes sense matress mac. :thumbsup: