Unt To Get Pig Payday

Brett Vito

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than 5 years away and people are still pessimistic. I prefer to think that come September 1, 2013, Georgia will be regretting this decision.

2013 - 2009 = 4

...... LOL.........oink.... oonk... snort.....oink

We have a history of playing the defending national champion... so expect 2012 to be a good year for them.

I hope you are right and that we are much much better than we are now and can bite those dogs.. Remember Rice put 70+ on us this past year.

Return game in Denton -- 2113 --- If global warming hasn't sunk Georgia below sea level.. (about as likely)

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

North Texas will get a whopping $975,000 payday for opening the 2013 at national powerhouse Georgia, while Georgia will pocket around 3 million and start yet another North Texas season with embarrasment, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported today.

Fixed it.

Edited by emmitt01

Money talks, and that, is all there is to this deal.

A one time deal, take it or leave it.

The SEC and Big 12, loves the SBC teams for their home openers.

What happen to the theory of guaranteed return game?

How many times has NT opened the season at home?

I would rather open at home with a team like Baylor or Houston.

As long as Georgia is the only power house team for the 2013

season, I can go along with this game.

On the bright side, there is always a chance for a NT win!

Winning at Georgia, would be worth more than the paycheck!

Edited by charlie nt73

UNT 28 - Georgia 24!!! GREAT things are happening for UNT by the time this game rolls around. You heard it here first!!!!! Hey, if you are going to dream...dream big. Can't hurt and doesn't cost a thing. :)

Tim Tucker; Atlanta Journal Constitution:

North Texas, a member of the Sun Belt Conference, was 1-11 last season.

What a douche for bringing up last year's record. Every time he writes an article about North Texas he brings this up. Don't believe me? Just do a search of Tim Tucker's articles. Must be related to Vito <_<

Edited by UNTLifer

How many times has NT opened the season at home?

I would rather open at home with a team like Baylor or Houston.

I've been posting that we should open at home for years. Although, my argument is to have the home opener against a very beatable team from the FCS/I-AA ranks - Sam Houston, Stephen F. Austin, Missouri State, Northwestern State, etc.

To me, it's the only part of our schedule that's missing. I like the idea of an FCS to open, a couple of games with mid-majors, and one BCS school. It's a formula many other schools have used to grow out of the mediocrity.

Again, nothing builds confidence in a player than winning - even if its against a Sam Houston State. To me, you get a lot more mileage out of that in the long run that going up to Big 12 school to be whipped 79-10 or 45-6 to start things out.

What good does it do to install your game plans in spring, fine tune everything in the fall, only to fold it away halfway through game one? Get game one at home against an opponent where you can actually run everything you practiced throughout spring and fall for an entire game.

This isn't rocket science.

A real serious football program would never sell a loss for money- That is what our program has been all about for the last several years. If you need to sell your first game of each season then you shouldn't have a football program. This is just plain ridiculous, let our boys play a decent similiar team not a national powerhouse that just won the freakin BCS title game.

What looks better on paper 1-0 or $500,000.... Can anyone remember the last time we were 1-0 to start the season.

Thats what I thought.