New Orleans Game Thursday

KRAM1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was the NT fan ejected from the game and what did he/she do to deserve such treatment ?

I got this message from someone "in the know"

The donor was David Anderson, of Anderson Tile and Flooring (or something like that---maybe it's Anderson Floor and Tile).

Anyway, the guy was tossed for absolutely nothing from what I understand.

And dig this: The ref who tossed him...is the same guy who threw the Rice Owls mascot out of a game...a few weeks back. And supposedly he threw T Boone Pickens out of an OSU game. At least that's what RV said.

Speaking of attendance, it would have been nice if 2/3 of the athletes honored at half time for academics had not left after the presentation. Talk about student apathy, the athletes don't even support each other.

Does anyone else think these academic honors presentations could be better organized? It would be too much I guess to get the athletes in sync with their name announcements. It is not clear even what group of students represents what team.

Speaking of attendance, it would have been nice if 2/3 of the athletes honored at half time for academics had not left after the presentation. Talk about student apathy, the athletes don't even support each other.

Does anyone else think these academic honors presentations could be better organized? It would be too much I guess to get the athletes in sync with their name announcements. It is not clear even what group of students represents what team.

I don't think it's a big deal. These kids have school work, and clearly they are the athletes who take it seriously. Then there's practice schedules, and some work jobs.

I don't think it's a big deal. These kids have school work, and clearly they are the athletes who take it seriously. Then there's practice schedules, and some work jobs.

I think you are searching for excuses, I can't imagine that any players have practices or jobs that start at 8:30 p.m. As far as studying, you are talking about 45 minutes to finish the game; again I doubt many took off early to study. It was just interesting to me that athletes that hope for fan support for their own sports would demonstrate so little for their counterparts in basketball. Even though most were there due to the prodding of their coaches, I think it was bad form leaving early. I would also like to think that the mass exodus was due to players rushing off to study or to the weight room, but I find that very hard to believe.

And dig this: The ref who tossed him...is the same guy who threw the Rice Owls mascot out of a game...a few weeks back. And supposedly he threw T Boone Pickens out of an OSU game. At least that's what RV said.

Any ref that has the balls to throw T Boone Pickens out of an OSU game is a ref that I have some respect for.

Edited by Green P1

also i know parts of the softball team were there and they have a tournament tommrow at Texas A&M Corpis Cristi....also the football team, most of them have weights at 6am...so maybe they left to go to sleep...

also i know parts of the softball team were there and they have a tournament tommrow at Texas A&M Corpis Cristi....also the football team, most of them have weights at 6am...so maybe they left to go to sleep...

come on you know as an RA, Thursday is the party night for students, so highly doubtful they left to go to sleep.

Thursday Night was always the busiest night of the week for RA's and HD's.

Good game and I think we're getting it together here a bit. Still think we have a chance to sweep. Don't want to even talk about the attendance. Felt like I was at a post election Libertarian Party bash. Guess all the students are still stricken with the flu. :(

I'm just pissed we had a double digit lead at halftime and barely won by double digits.

If there's one thing to be learned from watching basketball, it's that big leads should be expanded. Also, I went to sleep in the third quarter of the Mavs game when they were up 15. What did they win by? 20? 25?

Guess all the students are still stricken with the flu. :(

I had to attend to the kid at home, but from a student's point of view, it is week 4 of the semester. I've got four tests next week. In addition, there are multiple projects due that I know the younger students haven't even started on. If I were a procrastinating 19-year-old, the toll is coming due, and I can understand skipping a BBall game.

Sorry, but I am with the folks who thought it "strange" that over 2/3 of the scholar athletes left after being recognized at half-time. Heck, most didn't even show up until right before half. This is starnge, and all the "they have to study" stuff is just plain making excuses. I recall my days (yes, I can remember that far back) as an undergrad at UNT. I had tests and exams, papers to do, a part-time job of 30+ hours per week, campus activities, clubs, fraternity and, believe it or not a girlfriend or two that "took up" a bit of time...and I maintained a 3.85 GPA. AND, i do not recall missing a UNT basketball or football home game in my four undergrad years. That is said to just emphasize that students (especially decent students as all these were last night) "find a way to do things they see as "important". The overall student population at UNT, at the moment, simply places very little importance on supporting their athletic teams. I found it odd that other athletes did not stay to support their fellow athletes last evening. Too bad, they missed a good game. My thanks go out to the members of the Pit Crew who made the game and cheered as they always do. Way to go PIT CREW!

It was a nice game, and, yes, some folks will complain that the end was again "messy"...so what, the game was "in hand", and the win is in the books. OK, I would like to see UNT keep the pressure up and not get sloppy at the end, but I am not going to complain about last night's victory. Payback to UNO for earlier in the season. Payback is good in this case!

On another positive note, I got to meet fellow GMG.com poster Green59. That was a treat, as it is whenever I get to meet fellow GMG.com members. Put an extra positive note for me on a nice evening supporting the Mean Green.

Do not want to close without saying CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE SCHOLAR ATHLETES RECOGNIZED LAST EVENING. And, a side note to SUMG...yes, there were too soccer players recognized! :rolleyes:

Good things are happening with the MEAN GREEN. Go Mean Green!