Another Stadium Thread

EagleD

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My company that I work for is a Fortune Global 500 company but they are really on the down low as far as many people knowing them. They just started a big push for branding quite similar to what UNT did a few years ago with their logo etc. The company is CSC (Computer Sciences Corporation) and I certainly think they may be interested in pursuing something like this if the benefit is good for them.

I am pretty sure The president of tax/CFO (not sure which) of Southwest airlines and her husband (an accounting partner at deloitte) are both UNT alums. I would think maybe we could get either Deloitte, KPMG, Ernst and Young or southwest airlines to sponser the stadium. I know KPMG gives alot of money to COBA and the career center. Maybe some of these people can pull some weight at their companies COBA alumni awards

My company that I work for is a Fortune Global 500 company but they are really on the down low as far as many people knowing them. They just started a big push for branding quite similar to what UNT did a few years ago with their logo etc. The company is CSC (Computer Sciences Corporation) and I certainly think they may be interested in pursuing something like this if the benefit is good for them.

I worked for CSC in Austin about 10 years ago right out of college. They were in competition with EDS at the time for some high dollar contracts with various insurance companies to install and implement their software.

I've commented on this very subject several times. I handle regional advertising for a very pretigious global company that has regional headquarters in Dallas. While they have neither the budget nor need (to build the brand image) to commit millions of dollars for stadium naming rights, I think there would be some interest in sponsorship opportunities with UNT.

I've evaluated and recommended numerous sports sponsorship packages for my clients, which have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in these packages with universities and pro sports teams in the five-state area.

My problem is that I have never received a proposal of any sort from anyone representing UNT. And UNT is one of the few I can think of that hasn't tried to pitch me or my clients at one time or another. I was even approached by the Southland Conference recently!!

So you're asking why don't I approach UNT on behalf of my client?? Because that's not the way this business works and, being a proud UNT alumnus, my true intentions would be questioned from the start. UNT has some SERIOUS deficiencies in the marketing department.

580']

Hasn't this been discussed at great lengths is past threads throughout the years?

Sam Moon

Damn... The stadium will be built out of plastic jewelry and will fall apart within 1 yr, but on the plus side we can have a Sam Moon store inside the stadium and attract about 2.5 million women from DFW that seem to love plastic jewelry. Hmmm.

Hasn't this been discussed at great lengths is past threads throughout the years?

Interstate Batteries

Jolly Green Giant

Sam Moon

Peterbilt

Southwest Airlines

Tina Yothers

This is a noble attempt, but sadly, we all know how this will end

tiananmen.gif

HINT: You are not the tanks

Best case scenario is that future installments of NCAA Football for the PS3/XBox360 will have the option to add onto or construct a new stadium for your team as you build it into a more prestigous program. In that scenario, I think us getting a new stadium in the next couple of years is very possible :lol:

Or just Bimbo Field. We might lure all the ladies that used to go to Fort Worth hockey games. Tasty knows what I am talking about...

I was hoping you guys would take that little morsel of information and use your creative writing skills to spice it up..."Bimbo Field" does have kind of a ring to it!