Another Stadium Thread

EagleD

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure does look like Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, NE (third largest population center in the state on game day).

At this point, I'd take just about anything that wasn't Fouts, but the proportion of endzone seats at that stadium is way out of whack. I don't want more than 20% of the total seats to be in the endzone.

Thats why this project should have been started a long time ago, because of the rising cost of materials and labor.

The main thing was to start digging and get the project underway... add more money to construct the stadium to what he have so far, what do we have so far?

Edited by UNT_playmaker

Wait until the price of steel explodes, which it will.

I work in the construction industry and the price of steel has already exploded. It started going up about 2 months ago and has tripled in that time. We were also just informed by our concrete suppliers that the cost per yard was increasing effective July 7th by $6.00 per yard and the fuel surcharge for delivery was doubling. Oh, and asphalt suppliers are no longer guaranteeing the price of their material beyond the day they provide the quote. A week ago Friday the price increased 11% alone.

Thats why this project should have been started a long time ago, because of the rising cost of materials and labor.

The main thing was to start digging and get the project underway... add more money to construct the stadium to what he have so far, what do we have so far?

Sometimes I too like to restate what just happened in an aggressive tone. In an aggressive tone!

I work in the construction industry and the price of steel has already exploded. It started going up about 2 months ago and has tripled in that time. We were also just informed by our concrete suppliers that the cost per yard was increasing effective July 7th by $6.00 per yard and the fuel surcharge for delivery was doubling. Oh, and asphalt suppliers are no longer guaranteeing the price of their material beyond the day they provide the quote. A week ago Friday the price increased 11% alone.

Those are some serious increases for sure. With oil going to $150 possibly by the start of July, it will only go higher. No worries though, I am sure we planned for this too.

OK, here's the kind of sponsor we need to target. AT&T to move headquarters from San Antonio to Dallas.

They have a history of committing millions of dollars to name entitlement sponsorships and this move to Dallas may mean the end of their sponsorship of the AT&T Center and the San Antonio Spurs. The Mavs and Stars both play at American Airlines Center, and AA has that sponsorship tied up for the foreseeable future. I worked with the guy that put that sponsorship together and I want to say it was a 20 year commitment, but I'm not 100% certain. I'm sure those details are available on the web somewhere. While Jerry's Cowboys generally have huge investments from Ford and Pepsi, I don't know that either would pay the additional money to name the stadium, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Selling AT&T on a stadium sponsorship for UNT might be difficult (as it doesn't come close to offering the same exposure as a professional team) but the dollar commitment would be significantly less. We'll never know if we don't try.

Here's the story:

AT&T moving headquarters to Dallas from San Antonio 2:02 PM CT

02:02 PM CDT on Friday, June 27, 2008

By VICTOR GODINEZ / The Dallas Morning News

vgodinez@dallasnews.com

AT&T Inc. is moving its headquarters to Dallas from San Antonio, the telecommunications company said Friday afternoon.

AT&T said the move will begin in the next few weeks and be completed by the end of the year.

About 700 of the company’s nearly 6,000 San Antonio-based workers are expected to move, as well.

"We're a growing global company with customers and operations around the world," Randall Stephenson, AT&T’s chairman and chief executive officer, said in a statement.

"Being headquartered in Dallas will benefit our long-term growth prospects and human resources needs, and our ability to operate more efficiently, better serve customers and expand the business in the future.”

OK, here's the kind of sponsor we need to target. AT&T to move headquarters from San Antonio to Dallas.

They have a history of committing millions of dollars to name entitlement sponsorships and this move to Dallas may mean the end of their sponsorship of the AT&T Center and the San Antonio Spurs. The Mavs and Stars both play at American Airlines Center, and AA has that sponsorship tied up for the foreseeable future. I worked with the guy that put that sponsorship together and I want to say it was a 20 year commitment, but I'm not 100% certain. I'm sure those details are available on the web somewhere. While Jerry's Cowboys generally have huge investments from Ford and Pepsi, I don't know that either would pay the additional money to name the stadium, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Selling AT&T on a stadium sponsorship for UNT might be difficult (as it doesn't come close to offering the same exposure as a professional team) but the dollar commitment would be significantly less. We'll never know if we don't try.

Here's the story:

AT&T moving headquarters to Dallas from San Antonio 2:02 PM CT

02:02 PM CDT on Friday, June 27, 2008

By VICTOR GODINEZ / The Dallas Morning News

vgodinez@dallasnews.com

AT&T Inc. is moving its headquarters to Dallas from San Antonio, the telecommunications company said Friday afternoon.

AT&T said the move will begin in the next few weeks and be completed by the end of the year.

About 700 of the company’s nearly 6,000 San Antonio-based workers are expected to move, as well.

"We're a growing global company with customers and operations around the world," Randall Stephenson, AT&T’s chairman and chief executive officer, said in a statement.

"Being headquartered in Dallas will benefit our long-term growth prospects and human resources needs, and our ability to operate more efficiently, better serve customers and expand the business in the future.”

If AA has to start cutting down costs to deal with fuel, refurbish an aging MD80 fleet and has two basketball arena sponsorships, what if AT&T arrives and simply fills a void?

Also, there's a baseball stadium in Arlington that could always use a corporate sponsor.

Also, there's a baseball stadium in Arlington that could always use a corporate sponsor.

You're right, I totally forgot about the Rangers but...hasn't everyone?

I think I remember hearing about this now too. In hindsight, it looks like the decision to move to Dallas has been in the works for a while now. Of course, no decision to relocate a company's global headquarters is made overnight.

Maybe we can piggyback on the contract of whatever multimillion dollar stadium naming rights deal AT&T secures with a DFW professional team. Our price would be a drop in the bucket to what they would have to pay Jerry Jones. But our media exposure would be miniscule too.

I dont know if anyone has suggested this one yet, but I think winstar would be a perfect sponser considering our location is in their prime advertising area. Welcome to the friendly confines of Winstar Stadium.