Not Football Related

I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like victory.

Apocalypse Now, spoken by Robert Duvall

I love that part of the movie and the surfing.

"We'll come in low, out of the rising sun, and about a mile out, we'll put on the music... Yeah, I use Wagner -- scares the hell out of the slopes! My boys love it !" ( Lieutenant Colonel Kilgore )

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kid: My mommy says smoking is wrong.

Nick Naylor: Is your mommy a doctor?

Kid: No

NN: Some sort of clinical researcher?

Kid: No

NN: Then she doesn't really sound like a credible expert now does she.

Swamp leeches...everyone check for swamp leeches...what? I'm the only one who got hit?

Phone's ringin' Dude

Max: Nice nurses outfit fella

Peter: These are OR scrubs

Max: O, R they?

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room!

But he's gonna see the big board!

And whatever Bill Murray says to Scarlett Johansson at the end of Lost in Translation

Oh so many...Most that will cue JayDub:

What is this supposed to mean? :)

My personal favorite at the moment is from "Superbad": "Nobody has gotten a handjob in cargo shorts since 'Nam!"

Some great dialogue from "Thank You For Smoking":

Jeff Megall: Sony has a futuristic sci-fi movie they're looking to make.

Nick Naylor: Cigarettes in space?

Jeff Megall: It's the final frontier, Nick.

Nick Naylor: But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?

Jeff Megall: Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'

Edited by JayDub

Meteor Bert: Oh yeah, see them airplanes they dump their toilets 36,000 feet. The stuff freezes and falls to earth. We call 'em Boeing bombs

[chomps teeth]

Joe Dirt: no that can't be. That's not what it is

Meteor Bert: oh, afraid so. See that peanut? Dead giveaway.

Joe Dirt: Uhhh, no, that's a space peanut.

Caddy Shack..

Judge Smails: "I know it's hard for young people, Danny... I see them in my court room everyday. I dont want to sentence them to the gas chamber?... I feel I OWE it to them."

Airplane 2:

Lawyer: "Doctor, have you had a chance to talk to Mr. Stryker?"

Doctor: "yes, I have"

Lawyer: "Can you give us your impression of Mr. Stryker?"

Doctor: " I dont do impressions, I'm a Clinical Psychologist"

Lawyer: "of course..."

GMG!!!

I'm a John Wayne fan.... Some of my favorites are:

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." -- The Shootist

"By god, she reminds me of me." -- True Grit

"I don't like quitters, especially when they're not good enough to finish what they start." -- Red River

"Baby Sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way." -- True Grit

And one that should be the mantra for the Mean Green this year....

“Never give up. Never surrender.” (Tim Allen, Galaxy Quest)

"What in the wide wide world of sports' is a-goin' on here? I hired you guys to get a little track laid. Not dance around like a bunch of Kansas City fa***ts". - Slim Pickens Blazing Saddles. I can quote that movie all day long.

"It's the attitude Rat. The attitude dictates whether she cums, stays lays or prays. But whatever happens your toes are still tappin'." - Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Another movie I can recite all day long.

"No not that Mother-scratcher!" - Raising Arizona. I use this line every day !!!!!!!

There are just too many quotes...

To keep it forum related, anything from "Necessary Roughness"?

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF OU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great scenes from Woody Allen's Love and Death:

Countess: "You are the greatest lover I've ever had."

Boris: "Well, I practice a lot when I'm alone."

Sonja: "There are many different kinds of love, Boris. There's love between a man and a woman; between a mother and son..."

Boris: "Two women. Let's not forget my favorite."

Sonja: "Oh don't, Boris, please. Sex without love is an empty experience."

Boris: "Yes, but as empty experiences go, it's one of the best."

Edited by Smitty

My favorite qotes:

"I've come here to kickass and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum."

---- " 'Lawyers are for punetas. I thought you were going to smoke me?'

---- 'I only smoke Camels.' "

"No I don't hate Balboa, but I pity the fool."

---- " 'Does anyone else have dates besides Gilbert & Lamar?'

---- 'I've been out combing the high schools all day.' "

"Bah Weep Grah Nah Weep Ninny Bong"

One of my wife's favorite quotes from the movie "Desk Set"

(Joan Blondell, to Katherine Hephurn, as she is trying to describe Spencer Tracy) No, he looks like one of those men who suddenly switched to vodka.

Spencer Tracy, from "Inherit the Wind"--

Henry Drummond: to the Judge (Harry Morgan)

Can't you understand? That if you take a law like evolution and you make it a crime to teach it in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools? And tomorrow you may make it a crime to read about it. And soon you may ban books and newspapers. And then you may turn Catholic against Protestant, and Protestant against Protestant, and try to foist your own religion upon the mind of man. If you can do one, you can do the other. Because fanaticism and ignorance is forever busy, and needs feeding. And soon, your Honor, with banners flying and with drums beating we'll be marching backward, BACKWARD, through the glorious ages of that Sixteenth Century when bigots burned the man who dared bring enlightenment and intelligence to the human mind!

I've thought about that quote a lot. Especially after each or our recent Presidential and Congressional elections.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool." - Lester Bangs in Almost Famous

_1079895_hoffman_300.jpg

"Can I get you fellas something more to drink? Or perhaps something to nibble on; some pizza shooters, shrimp poppers, or extreme fajitas." - Office Space

1089_wide.jpg

"We sat and drank with the sun on our shoulders and felt like free men. Hell, we could have been tarring the roof of one of our own houses. We were the lords of all creation. As for Andy - he spent that break hunkered in the shade, a strange little smile on his face, watching us drink his beer." - Red in The Shawshank Redemption

robbins_and_freeman.jpg

And lastly..."Pizza dude's got thirty seconds." - Michaelangelo in the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

tmnt6.jpg

Edited by PerryG2480

One of my wife's favorite quotes from the movie "Desk Set"

(Joan Blondell, to Katherine Hephurn, as she is trying to describe Spencer Tracy) No, he looks like one of those men who suddenly switched to vodka.

Spencer Tracy, from "Inherit the Wind"--

Henry Drummond: to the Judge (Harry Morgan)

Can't you understand? That if you take a law like evolution and you make it a crime to teach it in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools? And tomorrow you may make it a crime to read about it. And soon you may ban books and newspapers. And then you may turn Catholic against Protestant, and Protestant against Protestant, and try to foist your own religion upon the mind of man. If you can do one, you can do the other. Because fanaticism and ignorance is forever busy, and needs feeding. And soon, your Honor, with banners flying and with drums beating we'll be marching backward, BACKWARD, through the glorious ages of that Sixteenth Century when bigots burned the man who dared bring enlightenment and intelligence to the human mind!

I've thought about that quote a lot. Especially after each or our recent Presidential and Congressional elections.

---Just because someone wants something to be true and declares it is true does not mean it is true.....after all a Pope declared the Earth is Flat based on a quote in the Bible that refered to the four corners of the Earth ( everyone knows spheres don't have corners)..... In fact Galileo was excommunicated and almost killed for his claims about the solar system... this Pope declared "the Earth is the center of the universe " because man was the most important item in the universe. Galileo recounted his claims was able to stay alive....good news ..about 10-15 years ago (500 years later) the Catholic Church took-back the excommunication.. so he is now a member in good standing again.......LOL

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Jack Napier: "Brought ya a little snack Eckhardt"

Eckhardt: "Why don't you broadcast it"

Jack Napier: "Shut up...and listen. Harvey Dent's been sniffing around one of our front companies..."

Eckhardt: "That's my territory, If there's a problem I deal with it"

Napier: "Why Eckhardt, Your problems are our problems"

Eckhardt: "I answer to Grissom...not to psychos"

Napier: "Eckhardt, You outta think about the future"

Eckhardt: "What? When your runnin the show...You ain't got no future Jack! You're an A-1 nutboy and Grissom know's it"

*Eckhardt get slammed against wall by Napier and Eckhardt brandishes gun...Bob simultaneously pull out his gun over Napier's shoulder aimed at Eckhardt*

*tense standoof ensues*

Napier: "Better be sure".

*Eckhardt lowers his gun*

"You see Eckhardt, you can make a good decision when you try"

Eckhardt: "Where you been spending your nights?"

Party guest: "Ben, I've got just one word for you."

Benjamin: "Yes sir."

Party Guest: "Just one word."

Benjamin: "Yes sir."

Party Guest: "Plastics."

Benjamin: " Sir ?"

Party Guest: "Plastics."