Where did you graduate high school ?

calvin

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

westmoore high school. oklahoma city. go jags, beat moore. home of de blake burruss

Brownwood-1962..... one losing season since 1957.....

We do not like to lose. Seven Football State Championship teams in that period.

Most of the above schools have lost to Brownwood...they rest haven't played them.

Notable grads:

Robert Howard: author of "Conan the Barbarian" [buried in Brownwood]

Lawrence Elkins: #1 draft pick of AFL in 1965, first Rd pick (GreenBay), NFL.

Jim Morris: "The Rookie" -actual pitcher.. he coached in Big Lake but was a Brownwood grad.

Bob Denver: Gilligan of Gilligan's Island.

Paula (Jill Jackson) of "Paul and Paula", recorded "Hey, Hey Paula!" and more.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Danbury High School (between Alvin and Angleton just SW of Houston)

Colors: Black and gold(gold)---although many times it seems gold was always yellow back in the day... blink.gif

Classification: Class AA

School song:

Let our voices loudly ringing

echo far & near

Songs of praise we're always singing

To our our memories dear

Danbury, Danbury, dear ol' Danbury

Times of change may bring

Still the name of Danbury High School

Evermore we'll sing!

(sung to the tune of "Far Above Cayugas Waters")

GO PANTHERS!

** Nolan Ryan owns the bank in Danbury. It's called "Express" Bank".......: smile.gif

** One of Ronald Reagans inner White House circle, ie, James H. Baker, married a Danbury girl who was a friend of my late older sister, Nina. Her name is Susan Garrett Baker. I have a photo somewhere of both Nina and Susan at our old homeplace..........James H. Baker's great-grandfather was one of the founding fathers of Rice University.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Danbury High School (between Alvin and Angleton just SW of Houston)

Colors:  Black and gold(gold)---although many times it seems gold was always yellow back in the day... blink.gif

Classification: Class AA

School song:

Let our voices loudly ringing

echo far & near

Songs of praise we're always singing

To our our memories dear

Danbury, Danbury, dear ol' Danbury

Times of change may bring

Still the name of Danbury High School

Evermore we'll sing!

(sung to the tune of "Far Above Cauga's Waters" or something to that affect)

GO PANTHERS!

** Nolan Ryan owns the bank in Danbury.  It's called "Express" Bank".......: smile.gif

** One of Ronald Reagans inner White House circle, ie, James H. Baker, married a Danbury girl who was a friend of my late older sister, Nina.  Her name is Susan Garrett Baker.  I have a photo somewhere of both Nina and Susan at our old homeplace..........James H. Baker's great-grandfather was one of the founding fathers of Rice University.

I believe our high school alma maters share a school song. Ours is "Far above the Brazos River"

Famous GHS alumnus: Johnny Perkins, NY Giants

Gatesville State School....GED.....1966

Youthful indiscretions led me to a life of crime at a young age. I am sure ya'll feel my pain.

Stabbed a gas station attendant because he would not give me 10 cents for a coke.

I wanted to get an art degree because I was pretty good doing tatoos at Gatesville and and at pop's tatoo parlor and beer joint before I got incarcerated for 3 years.

Anyway, I did get a minor in art and gave some nice young ladies, in my art classes, some pretty neat tatoos, after hours. Got caught by one of my profs giving a lady a tatoo during class....it was an ongoing project.

That is my story where I graduated and why.

I'm an old Childress Bobcat......Class of 1960

I am trying to think of anything noteworthy to mention. I guess the closest any other Bobcat came to fame was David Seals. David did a little time in the big house for rustling cattle. The third night in a row that he backed his cattle truck up the the same spot in the same rancher's pasture to "borrow" a few head of cattle he was captured. Now that takes guts - or no brain.