Where did you graduate high school ?

calvin

Newman Smith High School in Carrollton, Texas. Class of 2000

Some of our notable athletic alums include

the star-crossed Glendon Alexander, basketball player and once upon a time NBA prospect.

Lazerius White, offensive lineman for the Arkansas Razorbacks.

Adam Kessler, who held some kind of passing record for 5-A football. Can't remember what, though.

The Fightin' Trojans.

I was in the Band. Woot.

Edited by illuvius32

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an old Childress Bobcat......Class of 1960

I am trying to think of anything noteworthy to mention.  I guess the closest any other Bobcat came to fame was David Seals.  David did a little time in the big house for rustling cattle.  The third night in a row that he backed his cattle truck up the the same spot in the same rancher's pasture to "borrow" a few head of cattle he was captured.  Now that takes guts - or no brain.

I think David also played a little BB at WT.

Penn High School, Mishawaka, Indiana - Class of 1963

The Kingsmen. Several state football championships (but not when I played). Called "The University of Penn" by the locals and has an academic reputation to go with its stout athletics. Many alumni have found their way down the road about ten miles west to Notre Dame.

I have personally never regretted coming to Texas to go to college so don't bitch at me...got here as quick as I could!

Penn High School, Mishawaka, Indiana - Class of 1963

The Kingsmen.  Several state football championships (but not when I played).  Called "The University of Penn" by the locals and has an academic reputation to go with its stout athletics.  Many alumni have found their way down the road about ten miles west to Notre Dame.

I have personally never regretted coming to Texas to go to college so don't bitch at me...got here as quick as I could!

So yall were really the "The Kingsmen," EagleMBA? If so, that begs the question and (most likely) a very weak attempt at a Norm Hitzghes type dad joke for this slow Monday:

Was yall's school's song:

Louie! Louie! (pronounced 'Lou-eye, Lou-eye aay', of course) ? ? ? ? rolleyes.gifohmy.gifblink.giftongue.gifunsure.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Plano Senior High School Wildcats- Class of 1976

Home of the 2005-06 State 5A boys basketball champs

and 7-time Texas State champs in football

Plano Senior High School Football State Championship Games

Year Winning Team Losing Team Location (all in Texas)

1965 Plano 20 Edna 17 Nelson Field, Austin

1967 Plano 27 Randolph Field 8 Baylor Stadium, Waco

1971 Plano 21 Gregory-Portland 20 Memorial Stadium, Austin

*1977 Plano 13 Port Neches Grove 10 Texas Stadium, Irving

1978 Houston Stratford 29 Plano 13 Astrodome, Houston

1986 Plano 24 La Marque 7 Kyle Field, College Station

1987 Plano 28 Houston Stratford 21 Memorial Stadium, Austin

1993 Converse Judson 36 Plano 13 Floyd Casey Stadium, Waco

1994 Plano 28 Katy 7 Kyle Field, College Station

* Texas state record for a high school football game attendance = 49,950

Guest GrayEagleOne

Santa Anna (Tx) High School 1959

Birthplace of Bobby Layne , and Joe Bailey Chaney, once the worlds fastest human.

Buff, it was also the birthplace of one of my favorite people, the leate Dr. Othel Jackson (Jack) Curry, who was the founding dean of the School of Business at North Texas.

Ward Melville High School class of 1978 (Long Island, NY) - named for the man who owned Thom McAnn Shoes, and was a local philanthropist.

The most famous person to come from my high school (that I'm aware of) is the wrestler "Mankind" - his dad was the head of the school's Phys Ed dept.