Where did you graduate high school ?

calvin

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, how old were you when Johnny(Abilen Christain U.) retired from the Giants, 1?  Can't believe you left off your recent and most famous alumnus, Olympic Gold Medalist Swimmer Dana Vollmer?

Rick

I agree, Dana was and is still a hero in Granbury, but I think all of the residents were tired of all of the press she got. I think she was great! She still going strong at the University of Florida.

Edited by NorthTexasFan

Boswell Pioneer

class of 79

Most famous alums are probably Janine Turner (real maiden name was Gauntt) and Colorado Rockies OF Brad Hawpe.

Hey Stranger,

My neighbor says he dated Janine Turner in high school, his name is Kevin Stevenson can you colaborate his story?

Thanks

Stabbed a gas station attendant because he would not give me 10 cents for a coke.

I wanted to get an art degree because I was pretty good doing tatoos at Gatesville and and at pop's tatoo parlor and beer joint before I got incarcerated for 3 years.

Awesome.

"If that ain't country, it'll harelip the Pope

If that ain't country, it's a damn good joke

I've seen the Grand Ole Opry

and I've met Johnny Cash

If that ain't country, I'll kiss your ass."

LOL, how old were you when Johnny(Abilen Christain U.) retired from the Giants, 1?  Can't believe you left off your recent and most famous alumnus, Olympic Gold Medalist Swimmer Dana Vollmer?

Rick

Depends on when Johnny retired. biggrin.gif But seriously, although Dana has done some great things, if you met her, you'd probably play them down too. She hypes herself up all she needs to. My sister had a few classes with her....

Norview High, Norfolk, Va. 1971

Home of the Pilots (the pilots that bring ships in the harbor...not the flying variety)

Fight, fight for Norview..

If you want to win.

Never give in,

just fight, fight fight

just fight, fight, fight

for dear old Norview High.

We're ever loyal to the Blue and White,

So fight, fight with all your might

For Norview High.

I agree, Dana was and is still a hero in Granbury, but I think all of the residents were tired of all of the press she got.  I think she was great!  She still going strong at the University of Florida.

*perk*

That's ironic, the swim team was my primary responsibility when I was in grad school there. We would know each other well if she was about 13 years older or I was 13 years younger!

Go Rams!!

Go Eagle.... errr, Go Mean Green!!

Go Gators!!

Pollock--

Joke? sounds too country?....the more I think about it it was for 15 cents for an R.C. Cola and a Moon Pie.

Distinguished Alums:

1. "Big Dog" Johnson who stabbed his granny becuz she burnt his fried chicken. Now the editor of the Fort Worth Star Telegram.

2. Howard "Weasel" Dean. Now on the speaker's tour touting his accomplishments during Watergate.

3. Billy Bob "50 dollars San Anatone 50 dollars dead and gone" Rodriguez. Enough said. Music Prof at SMU.

4. Jim "essay" Plum. Now the conservative editor of GMG: aka: plummeangreen.

5. Ali "reverse" Akbar. Played all his country records backwards and ended up getting his ex-wife, single wide and job back. Now owns two mobile home villages in Texarkana.

yep the class of '66 was pretty good.......

thanks for your interest Pollock.

Plumm, the school song would have been much better if it HAD been "Louie Louie". As it was, we used the Ohio State song, "Through The Fields" I think. Words were CORNY, just like northern Indiana:

Fight you Kingsmen all the way, show them Penn High is here. Wave the black and white and gold and give a mighty cheer. Go, big team, we're backing you all, keep their team from getting the ball. Fight, fight right to the end, and a victory there'll be for Penn.

Seemed inspiring at the time.

Woodrow Wilson High School in Dallas - Class of 1993

Famous Alumni

Davey O'Brien - Heisman Trophy Winner

Tim Brown - Heisman Trophy Winner

Trammel Crow - Real Estate/Business Tycoon (just wanted to say Tycoon)

Jerry Haynes - Mr. Peppermint

Carroll Shelby - Engineered the Shelby Mustang

Dusty and Rocky Hill - ZZ Top guys with beards

Former US Congress members

James Mattox

Sam Johnson

Sergio Kindle - #1 football recruit from the state of Texas this year- signed with UT. He was in the Top 5 nationally. He was recruited as a Linebacker but we're all hopeful he'll switch to running back and win the Heisman.