Tech Trying to Duck North Texas in 2027

49 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

So sad and weak. Come and play at our place but scared to play away. If you’ve gotta duck Colorado State and North Texas, you’ve got serious issues as a football program.

We could use the money. We can just beat them at their place.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 4

They're not "scared", it's a financial decision.   I understand it, but I don't know why Hocutt would have agreed to it originally (wasn't it last year?), then about face.   He's just needlessly spending his boosters' money.

Let them buy us out at the agreed price... but it comes with 3 future basketball games in Denton.   Then, we can turn around and use some of that buyout $ to bring in a SBC/C-USA team and pad the schedule some.

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

They're not "scared", it's a financial decision.   I understand it, but I don't know why Hocutt would have agreed to it originally (wasn't it last year?), then about face.   He's just needlessly spending his boosters' money.

Let them buy us out at the agreed price... but it comes with 3 future basketball games in Denton.   Then, we can turn around and use some of that buyout $ to bring in a SBC/C-USA team and pad the schedule some.

Agreed, especially getting the bball games here.
On the other hand, not many SBC teams we can beat with this program. 😢Could not even beat bad CUSA teams last season. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Agreed, especially getting the bball games here.
On the other hand, not many SBC teams we can beat with this program. 😢Could not even beat bad CUSA teams last season. 

You are correct.  Our football program is not in good shape right now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

I see a statement that TTech wants 7 home games.

Has TTech actually taken any moves forward to buy out our game?

They have a large alumni base in Dallas.  It's an easy road game, and fan-friendly to their fans.  I bet they keep the game in Denton.  I hate rich P5 schools trying to bully everybody else.  But it shows the value of football in having more home games vs away games.  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, 97and03 said:

We're not talking now, the game they might be thinking of buying out is in 2027! And, no one at Tech has actually said they want to buy it out, just that they want to move to having seven home games each year. 

EDIT - I need to stop trying to post from my phone! 

Edited by VideoEagle

17 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

This is what USF does, first game is at USF even for a 2-1. We should do the same and only schedule teams that will go to Denton first or have an exorbitant buyout clause like $5-10m if they want to cancel the game in Denton.

Happy Married At First Sight GIF by Lifetime

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dodgefan said:

Tech fans would overflow our stadium, not to mention, with their top flight portal class, they will be very good. This could be a blessing if it happens. UNT could schedule a body bag game in their place.

Why would we not want a full stadium?  I do agree that they could beat us like Cal did which would not be helpful.

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

45 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

Why would we not want a full stadium?  I do agree that they could beat us like Cal did which would not be helpful.

Dumb to avoid playing teams because they may bring fans.  Yes to wanting a full stadium every game! 

Do we turn down hosting Notre Dame because they may bring a lot of fans and might beat us?

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1