SMU (2/11/24)

15 hours ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Any thoughts on team chemistry at that point? The longer he is out, the more the team builds chemistry without him. To reinsert him would not yield expected results. Reminds me of Nolan Smith & Kyrie Irving. Inserted Kyrie (dropped 30 if I remember correctly) and lost in Rd 1. Kyrie goes #1 in the draft and Nolan/Duke win the MNC to following year.

Duke made the Sweet 16 the year they had Kyrie Irving (Nola Smith was a Senior).  Irving played in all three of their tournament games.

The Blue Devils won the title the year before Irving...not afterward.  

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, CMJ said:

Duke made the Sweet 16 the year they had Kyrie Irving (Nola Smith was  senior).  Irving played in all three of their tournament games.

The Blue Devils won the title the year before Irving...not afterward.  

Mandela effect in play? I've heard & repeated that scenario "1,000 times". I refuse to allow facts to get in the way of a great story. 😡I also refuse to go look it up because I like the story. 😊😊 The Nolan Smith Redemption Story with the villain role shared by Rat Face (Coach K) and Ky-Me (Kyrie). 🤣🤣🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Any thoughts on team chemistry at that point? The longer he is out, the more the team builds chemistry without him. To reinsert him would not yield expected results. Reminds me of Nolan Smith & Kyrie Irving. Inserted Kyrie (dropped 30 if I remember correctly) and lost in Rd 1. Kyrie goes #1 in the draft and Nolan/Duke win the MNC to following year.

I don’t know about “chemistry”, but I certainly have thoughts on inserting a ball handler and additional scoring option. 

• Upvote 2

i say keep Rubin and Nolan out as long as needed to make sure they are 100% for the AAC tourney. Yes i want to beat SMU, Memphis and FAU but our best shot (and honestly only shot now) at the big dance is winning the AAC tourney!

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

I don't think we see either until March.

I think the plan will be for them to come back and play in the final 2-3 games before the tournament. If we don't get a top four spot and the double bye, we will have to win four in four days. We will need all hands on deck. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Mandela effect in play? I've heard & repeated that scenario "1,000 times". I refuse to allow facts to get in the way of a great story. 😡I also refuse to go look it up because I like the story. 😊😊 The Nolan Smith Redemption Story with the villain role shared by Rat Face (Coach K) and Ky-Me (Kyrie). 🤣🤣🤣

Fine, but you're also 100% wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, CMJ said:

Fine, but you're also 100% wrong.

Isn’t the first time, nor will it be my last. 😇

How about allowing me to buy you a coke at the next home game. I can see that I have upset you. The sandbox is big enough for the both of us.  🤝 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Isn’t the first time, nor will it be my last. 😇

How about allowing me to buy you a coke at the next home game. I can see that I have upset you. The sandbox is big enough for the both of us.  🤝 

LOL, not upset.  I just tend to be a stickler on facts.  Even my family gives me a hard time for pettifogging.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CMJ said:

NT 29 ---------- SMU 20

7:19 to go

Getting production from just about everyone. As I said earlier, we seem to be grabbing most of the big rebounds too.

Team finally learning to gel now without Jones and Noland.  I guess they are both out for the regular season. 

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

Team finally learning to gel now without Jones and Noland.  I guess they are both out for the regular season. 

Not sure about that. We still can’t handle full court pressure well without our true ball handlers and guys like A Scott look gassed early. Lack of depth is killing our top end potential even though we’re still playing tough every game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

Seems that way, which is unfortunate. Makes me wonder about our sports medicine/athletic training department and what's going on with their healing.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, Green Lantern said:

Not sure about that. We still can’t handle full court pressure well without our true ball handlers and guys like A Scott look gassed early. Lack of depth is killing our top end potential even though we’re still playing tough every game.

bingo. 

Moore seems so comfortable on the ball, but I don't think we can get away with him and Edwards on the floor at the same time, so scoring is a huge issue 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

Seems that way, which is unfortunate. Makes me wonder about our sports medicine/athletic training department and what's going on with their healing.

tears in groins and hammies are usually a month-minimum. anywhere. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1