QB commit - Chandler Morris - transfer from TCU

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Maybe he could play but my point which I will not waiver from is that the 2016 team played better with Mason at the helm than they did with Alec.

But you realize Alec was a 4 year 3rd string QB or worst while Morris has about 10 starts under his belt, right? Apples to oranges.

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1

59 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

But you realize Alec was a 4 year 3rd string QB or worst while Morris has about 10 starts under his belt, right? Apples to oranges.

Oh none of this is about the TCU transfer. This is all about him saying the Bama transfer was something to write home about. Plain and simple the team played better under Mason.

2 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Who cares about 2016. Mason red shirts gets bigger and stronger (167lbs) then he has and extra year, but actually 2 because of Covid. Maybe Mason could have been our Frank Harris. 

Blah blah blah. If Todd Dodge doesn’t burn Derek Thompson’s redshirt in 2009. Same old meaningless argument. Maybe he redshirts and becomes Frank Harris or maybe he grad transfers to the P5 with those 2 extra years.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3

8 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Oh none of this is about the TCU transfer. This is all about him saying the Bama transfer was something to write home about. Plain and simple the team played better under Mason.

My bad. Yes, the team played better because they leaned on the strength of the offense which was the run game. I'm hopeful next year will be similar with the offensive linemen and running backs we've added. Run the dang ball!

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

43 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

Question. Since the NCAA is allowing multiple transfers now, does Morris have to graduate from TCU to be able to play for us? If not, maybe he enrolls here for the Spring. 

If he's one semester away from graduating from TCU why would he not finish

• Upvote 3

On 1/13/2024 at 11:15 PM, TheReal_jayD said:

1. Pavia is also the guy that pissed on the New Mexico logo. Not sure he is the face you want leading your program.

On the contrary, if dirty schmoo was still on our schedule Pavia IS EXACTLY the guy I want representing the program.  

What a missed opportunity!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 1/16/2024 at 12:00 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

It's OK young one.   You have much to learn about the subtleties of SMU fans' condescension.   Hang around here long enough, and you'll learn to spot it.

Not condescending in the slightest.  Chandler is a very good addition and should thrive at the AAC level.  Just needs to stay healthy.

• Upvote 1