Random Thoughts on all of the QB1's moving around in the Portal

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Just wondering .....

• How many will not win the starting job at their new school?
  • With all the moves, will we see another large group transferring in the Spring Portal of players who got beat out or bumped down the depth chart?

NIL money may dampen the pride factor. Yes, they prefer to start, but getting paid for holding a clipboard at a “big” school doesn’t sound like a bad gig to these kids either. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Time to drop the charade of student athlete.  Stop making these kids go to school while playing football.  Let them focus on football and make their scholarship money available after they are done.  At least this way they are free to choose whatever major they want instead of being forced to take generic classes so they can pass and not interfere with athletic commitments.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 7
  • Puking Eagle 2

ChatGPT gave this:

"The poster respectfully disagrees with a mindset that presumes everyone wants to play in the NFL, highlighting the subjective nature of personal values in contrast to the NFL's attempts to establish a D-League. They argue that athletes have diverse aspirations, such as pursuing careers in professional wrestling or exploring opportunities in various football leagues, emphasizing the need to consider alternative paths beyond the NFL. Additionally, the poster criticizes the overemphasis on the value of a college degree, pointing out the decreasing worth of degrees in the current educational landscape and advocating for exploring unconventional career paths."

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 minutes ago, Returning MG AnCap said:

Argumentum ad hominem.

(*Stefan Molyneaux voice*) That is not an argument. That university degree sure didn't help yuh learn how to make a proper Ethos, Logos, Pathos persuasive argument, did it?

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3

While quarterback is often seen as a glamorous and coveted position, there are several reasons why someone might not want to be a starting quarterback.

QBs are under immense pressure to perform. Every throw, every decision, can be dissected and criticized by fans, media, and even teammates. This constant pressure can be mentally and emotionally draining, and for some, it outweighs the potential rewards.

The position is physically demanding. QBs are subject to hard hits, constant pressure, and the need to perform athletic feats under duress. This can lead to injuries, both short-term and long-term, which can impact career longevity and quality of life.

While QBs hold significant influence on the field, they are ultimately part of a complex system. Their success relies heavily on the performance of offensive linemen, receivers, and the entire coaching staff. This lack of complete control over outcomes can be frustrating for some who thrive on personal autonomy.

Not everyone enjoys the spotlight and leadership burden that comes with the QB position. Some players may prefer different roles within the team, such as playing receiver or focusing on defensive play, where the pressure and responsibility are less concentrated.

Also a player with a significant history of injuries might opt for a less physically demanding position to protect their health and future career prospects.

• Confused 3
  • Eye Roll 1

36 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

It looks like the Texas State star QB did not take kindly to them bringing in a high-profile QB in the portal. 

I know everyone has a love affair for GJ Kinne but my opinion is that he’s a portal merchant that isn’t concerned with building a program. He just wants to win fast and move on. 

• Upvote 3
  • RV 1

40 minutes ago, 3_n_out said:

You gotta give credit to TSU as far as recruiting goes. I don’t know what they’re doing, but to be able to convince two P5 QBs to come gets a hat tip from me. 

Cute girls and a river.

Two?

Edited by UNTLifer

On 1/8/2024 at 4:57 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

Just wondering .....

• How many will not win the starting job at their new school?

Crazy thing is, we’re going to see this play out at UNT with Morris and Mooney now… we’ll get a first hand view on two guys transferring in and one of them ultimately losing the starting job. Will be interesting to see it unfold 

1 hour ago, GoGreenBeans said:

Crazy thing is, we’re going to see this play out at UNT with Morris and Mooney now… we’ll get a first hand view on two guys transferring in and one of them ultimately losing the starting job. Will be interesting to see it unfold 

and add in a high quality HS signee and it will be interesting to see if 1, 2 or all 3 are still here by kickoff of the first game.  Can even add in our "returning" stater to that list as well in Stone.  I doubt more than 2 of them will be here past summer workouts.

1 hour ago, GoGreenBeans said:

I dont believe this will be the case. Maybe will see Earle move on after spring ball if he sees the writing on the wall. But this isn’t a Texas State situation where they have (had) 2 highly regarded QBs with one year of eligibility left.

1 minute ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I dont believe this will be the case. Maybe will see Earle move on after spring ball if he sees the writing on the wall. But this isn’t a Texas State situation where they have (had) 2 highly regarded QBs with one year of eligibility left.

Who left there besides Finley?

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Who left there besides Finley?

I forgot the name but one of their transfers last year went to Ark State to be a WR. But I just meant I don’t see Mooney or Morris leaving bc they lost the battle. I think it’s clearly Morris’ job with Mooney the opportunity to be a future starter. I also think I misunderstood GoGreenBeans post so lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I forgot the name but one of their transfers last year went to Ark State to be a WR. But I just meant I don’t see Mooney or Morris leaving bc they lost the battle. I think it’s clearly Morris’ job with Mooney the opportunity to be a future starter. I also think I misunderstood GoGreenBeans post so lol

UA Transfer (Back-up) Malik Hornsby

• Upvote 1