AAC Title Game

NT93

AAC Title Game  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AAC championship?

• SMU
    • Tulane

Who you got?

I don’t like it, but I think it will be SMU vs UTSA.  Since we had the misfortune of playing all the contenders on successive weekends, we’ve seen them all.  I felt like these two teams were maybe a little bit better than either Tulane or Memphis.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, dodgefan said:

SMU plays at Memphis this Saturday morning, should be a great game. Anyone else surprised SMU is a  road favorite? Memphis is a tough place to play. Looking forward to the UTSA at Tulane game next week, wouldn't surprise me, if Tulane goes down.

I am picking SMU to win the whole conference.  They should handle Memphis easily.  SMU is paying more NIL money than Texas or A&M right now.

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 11/16/2023 at 8:23 AM, Jonnyeagle said:

I am picking SMU to win the whole conference.  They should handle Memphis easily.  SMU is paying more NIL money than Texas or A&M right now.

Why would you think NIL money would guarantee good results? A$M proves that’s not true!

Edited by VideoEagle
  • Upvote 7

The AAC gifted SMU a spot in the title game since they didn’t have to face Tulane or UTSA and only have Navy left on the schedule. Tulane and UTSA will cannibalize each other next week and it will likely be Tulane squeaking by into the title game as Traylor is likely distracted by the goings on in College Station.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

I recorded the SMU-Memphis game and watched it after ours was over. Fast forwarding through time outs, commercials, halftime etc... you can get through it pretty quickly.  Wow, that was a knock down drag out game. Did anyone else see it, obviously there was some bad blood between those teams and they really went at it. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, RBP79 said:

Well UTsa kind of 'died on the vine' today..

Smut should beat Navy..

Smut vs Tulane in CC??

Didn’t they though?  They didn’t give themselves a chance to win.  
Tulane defense looked stout.  Our offense is pretty good.

• Upvote 2

I’m rooting for smu on Saturday. I think smu Tulane would be a good game. But I also believe Tulane is peaking at the right time and will beat the ponies. Today was a fun watch. 

beat uab

GMG

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

10 hours ago, NM Green said:

I’m rooting for smu on Saturday. I think smu Tulane would be a good game. But I also believe Tulane is peaking at the right time and will beat the ponies. Today was a fun watch. 

beat uab

GMG

SMU better not get caught looking ahead to Tulane, Navy has been on a roll the last few weeks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, NT80 said:

Yes, sorry to hear about his injury.  But Smut claims their NIL can make injuries heal faster.

I understand that some of you guys have Mustang derangement syndrome, but making fun of a young man, that just got a serious injury, is a new kind of low, even for some of you.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, dodgefan said:

I understand that some of you guys have Mustang derangement syndrome, but making fun of a young man, that just got a serious injury, is a new kind of low, even for some of you.

Nobody made fun of the young man. 

I am sorry, it seems smut fans are on here continuously while I know of none of our fans that go on the my little pony boards.  

You talk about people with derangement syndrome and your screen name is “dodgefan”.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1