AAC Title Game

NT93

AAC Title Game  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AAC championship?

• SMU
    • Tulane

4 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

If you don't feed the trolls they will move on. 

I think some people really enjoy the back-and-forth, in "good sports fun".

I don't care for it, but they aren't going to listen to me.  So I have to sort through all this garbage back-and-forth to get the content I want to read.

Different people come here for different experiences.  Nothing we can do about it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, NT80 said:

You know we're not talking about entry fees.  We're talking about outright Bribery to let you join.  But you can NEVER buy respect!

I really don't understand this characterization. At the end of the day we took a reduced share of the payout just like the PAC teams going to the B10 did and like most other G5 move ups did. We just were able to agree to a bigger reduction than others. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

15 hours ago, dodgefan said:

Speaking of proactive. Just read that SMU signed Rhett Lashley to an extension and pay raise. This also included, 7 million dollars for staff retention. Yeah, but let's continue to call them smut and douchebags, while we continue doing the same thing and expecting different results. They also flipped a 4 star running back from east Texas, that was committed to UCLA.

They are doing what they did in the 80's, but now they call it NIL.  How many of those kids on their roster are earning money based off of the name, image or likeness?  None.  Seen them in any commercials?  The only player I have seen in the USC QB in the Fanville commercials.  I am all for these kids being able to make money, but paying kids to play was never the intent of the NIL.  smut doesn't give a damn about these players, half these kids have zero in common with smut and will be long forgotten once they leave that campus.  It is just pay to play, period.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

14 hours ago, dodgefan said:

while we continue doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Let's put you at Mosley's table for 10 minutes.

Mosley: "We're keeping Caponi for another year, because we believe with a full recruiting cycle, he gets a fair chance to build the roster he needs.  We will have at least one year of continuity on the DC position.  Caponi understands the optics of this, and our expectations for year 2.  If we hire a new guy NOW, we are bringing in ANOTHER DC and with him, a new system - a square system - to try and work with these round players."

You: what's your response?

Edited by greenminer
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Mosley: "We're keeping Caponi for another year, because we believe with a full recruiting cycle, he gets a fair chance to build the roster he needs.  We will have at least one year of continuity on the DC position.  Caponi understands the optics of this, and our expectations for year 2.  If we hire a new guy NOW, we are bringing in ANOTHER DC and with him, a new system - a square system - to try and work with these round players."

I agree, but he’s got to have a short leash.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, greenminer said:

We are dead last in Defense.   ANY change is going to be a positive improvement!   You would gain back his salary in new and renewed ticket sales just by the announcement of a change.

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, RBP79 said:

How many people get to be the WORST at their chosen profession and still have a job???

how many ADs never give their coaches an opportunity to adjust/fix?  What if you believe the difference between dead last and enough-to-win-10 games is EXTREMELY CLOSE, and attainable with the same guy?

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

how many ADs never give their coaches an opportunity to adjust/fix?  What if you believe the difference between dead last and enough-to-win-10 games is EXTREMELY CLOSE, and attainable with the same guy?

So this season is on Mosely....hummm.

And all FBS Teams are close to a 10 win season with just the right pieces to the puzzle. Got it!

Edited by RBP79
  • Eye Roll 2