So we really can't criticize the head coach, eh?

TripleGrad

4 hours ago, greenminer said:

Honestly, changing the title of a thread, or even deleting one, does not make me confused about the purpose of the board.  We've had mountains of anti-coach talk here.  One deleted thread seems to be the exception, and not the rule.

IMO, it means we can freely discuss UNT and its athletics.  But I can still keep in mind they want to be sensitive to their inside sources and contacts.  So they will take the anti-Morris postings on a case-by-case basis.  I can roll with that.

But, reach out.  If you need some clarification, it doesn't hurt to ask.

If the day ever comes where I feel like I cannot say what I want to say, I'll leave.  I am a part of a small handful of other pro-Mean Green internet groups/communities.

There have been several topics either deleted or moved to obscure forums. I remember the thread of the UNT booster that made some racist remarks on twitter after the UTSA game, and that was quickly moved away from the FB forum.  So it's happened on more than one occasion. 

That's the thing I don't get. None of the admins are saying this, it's some random fan. Why would it bother their inside sources? The coaches themselves have said their performance was atrocious. 

I've asked various times for clarification in this very thread. Not in PMs, not secretly, but here out in the open. I don't pretend to know everything that goes on behind the scenes, it could be as simple and overblown as they just got tired of hearing about it, but as a poster who's spent countless hours here supporting NT I would like to know the reasoning. 

Edited by Green Otaku
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 5

7 minutes ago, rcade said:

I don't speak for the mods here, but as someone who has moderated large message boards for a long time, I have found that when you give users explanations for your actions, that just makes them want more explanations.

And any time the users revolted and called for me to be run out of town, I thought about how nice it would be if they succeeded.

I do agree that it often gets frustrating trying to figure out what is allowed and what is not and why some threads are moved. Others are allowed to stay in specific forums (I would be remiss if I did not add my example of our Mods/Admins seeming infatuation with the hits that SMU-themed threads get as an example and allow them to stay in the UNT Football Forum). But you bring up some very excellent points. It seems we're getting to where more and more people believe they are owed explanations for any questions they may have and that once you provide an answer, some will start pushing for a reason for your explanation.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

20 hours ago, untbowler said:

did you watch the first 2 games, which was embarrassing and then the 3rd game where team nearly blew a 17 pt lead with under 5 min left?

This should not be a rebuilding year.

We are a bad team with a terrible defense that was awful last year. We have no preseason all conference picks, so yes, it is a rebuilding process for the next few years.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

So someone posted information regarding the number of transfers that Texas State signed this year and because Morris was hired later that he was a step behind the Bobcat's coach in this recruiting vehicle [ I am paraphrasing ]. I asked what was the time difference between the two hires. The next thing I know is that I am blocked from this post, which had been deleted. I can only assume that someone responded to the original post in a manner that was illegal, immoral ,or fattening as the original post and my response to it seemed harmless. Anyone know what happened to cause the original post to be removed? Just asking.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, wardly said:

So someone posted information regarding the number of transfers that Texas State signed this year and because Morris was hired later that he was a step behind the Bobcat's coach in this recruiting vehicle [ I am paraphrasing ]. I asked what was the time difference between the two hires. The next thing I know is that I am blocked from this post, which had been deleted. I can only assume that someone responded to the original post in a manner that was illegal, immoral ,or fattening as the original post and my response to it seemed harmless. Anyone know what happened to cause the original post to be removed? Just asking.

fat-bastard-get-in-my-belly.gif

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I do agree that it is a private board and that the owners are free to run it however they choose to do so. However, I also don’t believe that it is unreasonable for members to have clarity regarding rules and expectations around their participation. Nobody enjoys having their posts removed and I’m sure they would like to know what specifically to avoid in the future. 

Do the owners owe users anything? I suppose not, but at the end of the day the users creating content are what makes this site valuable. While yes, this site is much better put together than others (not including the atrocious ads on mobile), it doesn’t matter if there’s nobody here to create content. 

You are almost getting it. This site, like Twitter, isn’t “free” just because we don’t have to pay to subscribe. Pretty sure those ads we are bombarded with are paying the rent. Clicks/engagement increases ad revenue for a site. I am of course speaking generally here with no insight into GMG’s finances but rarely is a site totally free. No idea what this site or the ads are collecting on us. 

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

45 minutes ago, Son of Spiriki said:

The gap between criticizing the head coach in Week Three of his first season and calling for the head coach to be fired in Week Three of his first season is not trivial. My hunch is that if the thread referenced in this one were titled something like "Eric Morris Needs to Improve" or "Five Things Eric Morris Has To Fix," it would still be up. Maybe I'm wrong, but I bet it would still be up.

Well stated.  I felt like that original title was a little too much as well.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Umm,

First Team Off.: Gabe Blair OL

Second Team Off: Rod Burns WR, Ayo Adeyi RB

HM Off: Jordan Smart WR, Febechi Nwaiwu OL.  

CB of the Year: Ridge Texada

First Team Def: Texada

Second Team Def: Mazin Richards Edge

Third Team Def: Logan Wilson Safety

HM Def: Rod Brown DT

https://collegefootballnetwork.com/all-aac-college-football-team-individual-honors-2023-preseason/

Well hush my mouth! I am chagrined! I missed this article and am happy to see 5 players on our defense mentioned. Having said that, and I don't have any individual stats, I assume they are playing up to their preseason honors. If so, they must be the the only ones. Thanks again for posting this article. It is appreciated!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Are you not getting replies when you DM them?  Are you trying DMs?

A big ol' thread for the public to see is great to you, but not for admins.  @rcade touched on the dynamics of this above.

Why would I need to DM them? Several posters on here have asked questions and clarification about this, why not address it in the thread? If deleting the threads is justified then there's nothing to hide from the public right? 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

https://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/guidelines/

GOMEANGREEN.COM BOARD Rules:

• RULE #1 : HAVE FUN.
  • While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
  • Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
  • Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
  • Please do not hijack threads.  Hijacking means joining a thread and talking about something totally irrelevant to the subject, ie something radically different than the topic of the thread. 
  • Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
  • We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
  • Do not at any time ever cut and paste an article or excerpt on this board as it is subject to copyright laws and is essentially stealing someone else's work. You are welcome to link to an article/ story and provide an excerpt of that article/story as a component of your link to help draw attention and traffic to the site that wrote the article.
  • We reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules.
  • Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
  • You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
  • Do not argue with the Admins about proper use and policy. 
  • Do not post links to articles that are pay or require a paid subscription to download or read.

Any threads/posts of these types will be deleted. Members who participate in any of this can be subject to losing their posting priviledges and their account will be terminated.

Advertising Services

• We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products or services. Explicit advertising in signatures is also prohibited. Do not reference any products or services in your posts or signatures as it devalues the boards ability to generate advertising revenues to offset our costs of doing business.
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.

Yet this one is not enforced at all. You allow fans from other schools (mainly SMU and UH) to troll freely, almost seeming to encourage it by allowing it.

• Upvote 1