UNT enrollment up to almost 47k!

meangreen11

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Kinda serious ethics/rules question: when our scouts are going to HS football/basketball games, can we send a separate person to scout the stands for students who are really into the game and give them a UNT admissions pamphlet?

I like your thinking. Work the stands and then hang out near the restrooms offering the bad kids free smokes if they apply to UNT.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Kinda serious ethics/rules question: when our scouts are going to HS football/basketball games, can we send a separate person to scout the stands for students who are really into the game and give them a UNT admissions pamphlet?

Well, I'm not sure how relevant that data set will be unless we want our scouts going to high school programs that have been losing most of their games over the last 30 years.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Except a lot of our students have to work their way through school and can't attend. No free lunch at UNT.

23 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

Well, I'm not sure how relevant that data set will be unless we want our scouts going to high school programs that have been losing most of their games over the last 30 years.

@Hunter Green Monkeypox is right. If the games were fun events our game attendance wouldn't spike so much for homecoming.  They are only worth student's limited free if there is a good on the field product.  Hell the 40 minute drive to the stadium for me feels like a sacrifice when we play FCS and it's not homecoming. 

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

7 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Students don’t sell out stadiums at any school. The alumni and casual fans do. 

All the student ticket allotments are “sold out” at many schools.  That being said with 47k students an allotment of a modest 8k should be sold out for almost any FBS opponent if we are playing well.  Don’t forget I believe students can purchase guest tickets for their section for like $25.   That 8k should have the student side of the stadium +80%  full.  Our stadium rarely looks like that.  I think that is what @Big Z really meant. 

Would the eye roller on my previous comment like to identify themselves?  I guess your free time isn’t valuable?  Are you retired or wealth and don’t have to work.  Paying money for tickets and transportation costs going to watch the team that represents your alma mater stink up the joint a ton of fun to you and no sacrifice?  Just wondering.

Edited by Mike Jackson