4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Mosley's "data points":

* Hired Hodge

* Held on to Coach Mac through the NIT

* Hired Morris

* Hired Calcatera

* Hired Burton

* DATCU naming rights.

* Better game day presentation on Saturday.  I give him bonus points for the elimination of the audio issues with the ref's mics.

Yeah. He hired people and fixed some of the terrible gameday issues the previous guy left. That's bare minimum stuff. That's literally doing his job, at surface value. 

How his 2 main hires perform will be how he is ultimately valued/evaluated. That other stuff matters. Those other hires matter. But that other stuff could crumble to the ground and if we start winning 9/10 football games a year and keep stacking 20+ win basketball seasons, none of that other stuff ultimately matters. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yeah. He hired people and fixed some of the terrible gameday issues the previous guy left. That's bare minimum stuff. That's literally doing his job, at surface value. 

How his 2 main hires perform will be how he is ultimately valued/evaluated. That other stuff matters. Those other hires matter. But that other stuff could crumble to the ground and if we start winning 9/10 football games a year and keep stacking 20+ win basketball seasons, none of that other stuff ultimately matters. 

Let’s be honest, football is years away.  All he has to do is keep basketball rolling and that will keep the fanbase content for now.  Eric deserves more than a year to rebuild the mess Seth left us with.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 8
  • Puking Eagle 2

11 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Let’s be honest, football is years away.  All he has to do is keep basketball rolling and that will keep the fanbase content for now.  Eric deserves more than a year to rebuild the mess Seth left us with.

What mess? 6 bowls in 7 years is hardly a mess. There was attrition due to the coaching change. The current staff didn't replace that attrition. And I am not sure the 14 WRs and 6 athletes currently committed to us in the 24 class are going to shore up the very gigantic holes in our roster, specifically defense. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Mess??? This wasn’t a full rebuild. I guess we’ll have to see what happens the next 2 weeks. 

For those saying it wasn't a mess let's not forget what happened when we played out of conference. For the last two years we didn't beat an fbs ooc opponent. 

2021: 

SMU 35-12

Missou 48-35

Liberty 35-26

Miami (OH) 27-14

2022:

SMU 48-10

UNLV 58-27

Memphis 44-34

Boise St. 35-32

In fact you'd have to go back to 2018 to see the last time we beat an FBS team ooc. 0 bowl wins against other

FBS teams too. The reason we looked better in conference was because CUSA is very weak. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

For those saying it wasn't a mess let's not forget what happened when we played out of conference. For the last two years we didn't beat an fbs ooc opponent. 

Yeah, our program hasn't really gone anywhere in 20 years. As long as we play in a terrible conference, we'll keep our heads above water most years. But our record against OOC FBS teams has been piss-poor forever.

Let's not forget that for the 30 years from 1981 - 2010 we were abysmal and were well under .400 even with the Dickey and Nelson years thrown in.

It looked like we were going to turn it around with McCarney before he crashed and burned.  Littrell established some legitimacy, but ultimately was a victim of his own success when he could not get over the hump.  He brought us an extended period of average/.500 results with several bowl games sprinkled in.  He just could not take the next step.

In our attempt to take the next step, unfortunately our first step we appear to twisted our ankle badly.  Let's hope it is just a sprain and we can walk it off.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Let's not forget that for the 30 years from 1981 - 2010 we were abysmal and were well under .400 even with the Dickey and Nelson years thrown in.

It looked like we were going to turn it around with McCarney before he crashed and burned.  Littrell established some legitimacy, but ultimately was a victim of his own success when he could not get over the hump.  He brought us an extended period of average/.500 results with several bowl games sprinkled in.  He just could not take the next step.

In our attempt to take the next step, unfortunately our first step we appear to twisted our ankle badly.  Let's hope it is just a sprain and we can walk it off.

I liked Littrell and wanted him to succeed but if he hadn't gotten extremely lucky to have MFine fall into his lap, he would have had virtually no success here, likely no 6+ win seasons (he would have been gone before the 2021 6-7 season).

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

It’s funny to me how the transfer portal threads talk about this program needing to be a complete rebuild with 50+ transfers, but the mere suggestion that Coach Morris might have taken over a “mess” has turned into this program not being a rebuild. You can’t really have it both ways.

It's not a mess in the sense that 3-9 should be acceptable. We need to hit the portal in the sense we clearly have voids in the roster, especially on defense, that was not shored up. Frankly, not even addressed while having a free agent system in place. It can be both things. 

14 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

In case you missed it, Coach O now no longer has time for your harsh words. Bonnie Brae is Rome and Coach O is our Caesar!

He doesn't keep receipts, he just blocks you.  Seems a bit thin skinned?

That's right. Run off those last remaining fans. 

I get being resilient, but this is just stubbornness now

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

On 9/5/2023 at 7:48 PM, DentonLurker said:

It’s funny to me how the transfer portal threads talk about this program needing to be a complete rebuild with 50+ transfers, but the mere suggestion that Coach Morris might have taken over a “mess” has turned into this program not being a rebuild. You can’t really have it both ways.

Surprised Donald Trump GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/5/2023 at 8:26 PM, meaniegreenie said:

I liked Littrell and wanted him to succeed but if he hadn't gotten extremely lucky to have MFine fall into his lap, he would have had virtually no success here, likely no 6+ win seasons (he would have been gone before the 2021 6-7 season).

I give SL all the credit in the world with getting Mason Fine here. He knew Fine was better than anyone he inherited or could bring in. His contacts in the Oklahoma HS ranks helped him get Fine, but SL pulled it off.

Like McCarney, when SL lost that solid QB, it was over…just took a few years to prove it.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Yeah Coach O, keep running your mouth to the people you're accountable to that you don't want them to hurt your feelings.  Feels like the same as "respect my decision".  I'm still all in on Eric getting his fair shake and I truly do like him.  But we will hold you accountable.  Period. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

In case you missed it, Coach O now no longer has time for your harsh words. Bonnie Brae is Rome and Coach O is our Caesar!

He doesn't keep receipts, he just blocks you.  Seems a bit thin skinned?

LOL Bonnie Brae is probably in worse condition than Rome will/has ever be!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Hell, maybe Caponi can go after a donor in the stands when it's pointed out they we're being out coached. 

I’d pay to see that, but I remember in 2020 when 2 Rice assistants came into the stands trying to fight students, with Covid restrictions lol. 

• Downvote 1