UNT Renames Its Football Stadium, Awkwardly

Tom McKrackin

1 hour ago, GrayEagle said:

Did you answer Q or Coo?

I was quite surprised that the dignitaries were pronouncing it "Q".  It doesn't matter, but when I see DATCU, I read it as Dat-Coo.

Oh, and by the way, I never thought anything about TCU in the name until folks started bringing it up on here.

Edited by kj86
  • Upvote 2

I was curious about the pronunciation so I found videos from DATCU like this one, which shows it's "DAT-Q".

The name will take some getting used to, but two of the founders of DATCU were professors at what was then called North Texas State Teachers College, so it's a good partnership that should benefit both DATCU and UNT.

Actually it didn't take time to get used to. I'm already used to it.

• Upvote 2

Here is an idea.  How about TCU use their real name...Texas Christian University instead of the mere letters.  You know why, in this not offend anyone world they rarely use the full name of the school.  SMU should do the same.

• Eye Roll 1

On 8/1/2023 at 9:02 PM, Cr1028 said:

I can only imagine the horror for Coog fans every time the ECU Pirates come to town. I say that with an ample amount of sarcasm. Must be a slow news week over at D magazine or, since they’re in the business of trolling now, D-Bag magazine.

ECU fans try to say it's Touchdown ECU stadium.  Its lame when they do it and more lame for this witer with DATCU

• Thanks 1