GMG Report: North Texas Season Ticket Update

13 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Wonder how many of those are new and how many are people who took a couple years off when they saw Littrell was a lost cause and not going anywhere.

Ya I know a lot of folks who left due to being sick of Seth who are jumping back on board 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

"Along with season tickets over 85% have renewed in the HUB Club and suites are trending higher as well."

This is some serious astroturfing right there. I imagine in their old model of seat license they had 99% renewal, because you didn't want to lose your seats or your paid in license fee. In their new model, they were supposed to sell like hot cakes because after after all, it is a STEAL because it is cheaper than UT or TT. 

Another way of saying their stat line is  "There has be a 15% decline YoY for the HUB club sales." Not sure how you can say that is "trending higher." 

It's great that the ticket sales for the lower bowl where they didn't gouge the hell out of people is seeing some increase. It's sad that we have had the new stadium and moved into two new conferences, but we are "within range" of all time season ticket sales. 

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

"Along with season tickets over 85% have renewed in the HUB Club and suites are trending higher as well."

This is some serious astroturfing right there. I imagine in their old model of seat license they had 99% renewal, because you didn't want to lose your seats or your paid in license fee. In their new model, they were supposed to sell like hot cakes because after after all, it is a STEAL because it is cheaper than UT or TT. 

Another way of saying their stat line is  "There has be a 15% decline YoY for the HUB club sales." Not sure how you can say that is "trending higher." 

It's great that the ticket sales for the lower bowl where they didn't gouge the hell out of people is seeing some increase. It's sad that we have had the new stadium and moved into two new conferences, but we are "within range" of all time season ticket sales. 

In your opinion are the club seats a good deal because a group of friends are seriously considering buying in this season.  Thanks for your thoughts.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

In your opinion are the club seats a good deal because a group of friends are seriously considering buying in this season.  Thanks for your thoughts.

No - not worth it at all. I've had the hub club since day 0. Send me a DM if you want to hear about it 🙂 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Downvote 2

On 7/17/2023 at 7:00 PM, jtm0097 said:

On a serious note, if we can consistently win, the fans will come. 

We’ve been saying that for the last 30 years at this point. That consistent winning business has never been something we were very good at. Hoping that Morris can change that.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

If I remember correctly, Season Tickets were way down last year.

I would like to know the number of season tickets sold in the best year.

Agreed, I don't think comparing to last year is very meaningful (if last year was a down year).  We need to see at least a 10-year trend line.

• Upvote 1

Just going to say that when I bought my tickets a couple weeks ago and before this thread was started, there were several zones that showed dark blue indicating large availability. That is no longer the case. No clue what actual range of available tickets represents each shade of blue. Curious if ticket sales have ramped up that much as we approach the start of the year or if the zones had just enough sales to move from one shade to another.

Screenshot_20230720_140031_Chrome.jpg.7424998ef7ccbec416826a61991a2f76.jpg

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 3

On 7/18/2023 at 2:01 PM, Tommy Gadberry said:

I think it depends on what appeals to you.  For many years I had tickets in both areas.  I enjoyed the social gathering and buffet before the game,  having nice restrooms and a cool (or warm) and dry area if needed in bad weather conditions.  As far as watching the actual game, I much preferred the lower bowl seats and stayed there during the game.  I would go back to the club at halftime to get a soft drink and visit. Enjoyed both for different reasons.  I had the club seats since Apogee opened but do not now...has become too costly in my retirement years to have them after investing in original seat licenses, yearly MGSF fees, season tickets, etc.  Hoping for tolerable weather this year since I will be in the lower bowl only.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

They ran some specials on the season tickets a few weeks ago where you could get them for $99/seat in the 209 and 204 sections.  That's hard to beat, even if attending from out of town and paying for a hotel room for a night when compared to other schools.    

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BBA1989 said:

They ran some specials on the season tickets a few weeks ago where you could get them for $99/seat in the 209 and 204 sections.  That's hard to beat, even if attending from out of town and paying for a hotel room for a night when compared to other schools.    

The 3-game mini plan is also a good deal for those who know they can't attend all the games or afford to spend much on tickets.  A seat near midfield for 3 games of your choice, with blue parking, is less than $250.  Not out much money for missed games and the AD gets some money, although a mere drop in the bucket, if you can't attend.  Like the fact there are more options being made that may appeal to potential new fans or those people with limited money available for entertainment.   It starts by getting people in the seats or at least committed to buying tickets!  GMG

• Upvote 2