Breaking News Morris adds three former UIW/Washington State assistants

TheReal_jayD

Just now, Udomann said:

I don't hate those choices. I worry that favoritism could lead to dodge 2.0 but those guys look solid

I am glad you like it. You probably know more than me. The one who is possibly going to be QB Coach seems like he probably has about as much experience as Quinn Shanbour. The Chief of Staff position I am good with. Davis seems a little young for me, but maybe that's the point. Maybe they will relate better to the kids they are coaching.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Venson said:

I am glad you like it. You probably know more than me. The one who is possibly going to be QB Coach seems like he probably has about as much experience as Quinn Shanbour. The Chief of Staff position I am good with. Davis seems a little young for me, but maybe that's the point. Maybe they will relate better to the kids they are coaching.

Davis has over 10 years of exp with this system. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, tmjerm said:

All were guys he brought with him to Wazzu from UIW so clearly they’re all on the same page about things. 

I think that is key here.  Trust and communication HAS to to be bidirectional for this thing to be successful.   No question that trust exists within that small circle of coaches.  

• Upvote 4

• TheReal_jayD changed the title to Breaking News Morris adds three former UIW/Washington State assistants
12 minutes ago, Udomann said:

I don't hate those choices. I worry that favoritism could lead to dodge 2.0 but those guys look solid, if a bit less experienced

Not concerned with offensive side of ball. These guys have had multiple years together. Brophy was technically the QB coach at a P5 last year I will take it. They all know the system they will hit the ground running

• Upvote 5

34 minutes ago, Udomann said:

I don't hate those choices. I worry that favoritism could lead to dodge 2.0 but those guys look solid, if a bit less experienced

Some thoughts about Todge and his initial hires: he brought in an entire HS staff that insisted their HS system should work on the college level.  I still have nightmares about "football is football."

Do I know these guys will succeed? Hell no.  But I like to think they are young and eager to figure out how to win, no matter what they need to do to their system.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I'm confused as to why position coaches are being put in place without an OC? Unless there's an OC waiting to be announced who's ok with them? Thinking Joel Filani? Or am I over thinking this?

I bet the ‘waiting to be announced’ is key.  I bet the OC is in place. Just waiting for NSD to pass through out of respect for their current school. 

• Upvote 3