Seth Support

MeanGreen22

27 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

As of right now, 4 of them did or do.

Thanks for looking them up. 

So, 9-1 in the last 10 CUSA games sounds really impressive just looking at that stat.

Then you find that only 4 of those 10 teams had winning records.  I'm glad we won them, but like last year we got all excited for the Bowl after beating UTSA, then get thrashed by a 6-6 Miami-Oh.    It just brought back to reality how skewed our perception of our success was during that 6-0 run to end the regular season.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Thanks for looking them up. 

So, 9-1 in the last 10 CUSA games sounds really impressive just looking at that stat.

Then you find that only 4 of those 10 teams had winning records.  I'm glad we won them, but like last year we got all excited for the Bowl after beating UTSA, then get thrashed by a 6-6 Miami-Oh.    It just brought back to reality how skewed our perception of our success was during that 6-0 run to end the regular season.  

In the bowl we were without 25% of our offensive yardage and 30% of our touchdowns from the regular season by missing Torrey and also without our top defensive back in Sanders.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

17 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Jim, I think that is a bit apples and oranges the Cowboys did not need support from from a head coach to be popular. North Texas doesn't have the fanbase to endure a coach with a personality like Seth. I went to church with Landry and he was a pretty good speaker. 

(Still trying to learn brevity is the wit of soul—I know I have a long ways to go)

You were a member of Lovers Lane Methodist Church, Tony?

My all time hero as a kid funeral was held there.  #7 of the NY Yankees.  At age 14 I was privileged to see “the Mick” hit the 1’st home run on the debut night of the Astrodome—April 9, 1965. I was with 2 very special people that night—my mom & dad. 

Your thoughts on our situation I respect.  Winning cures cancer & true, we haven’t had near enough wins, but like much of America I subconsciously pull for the underdog & on GMG Seth is a most definite underdog.   
🟢••• Tomorrow at the Unity Plaza Dedication (1:30 pm) I hope I get to shake hands with 2 black men who were underdogs in the mid-1950’s. They stepped on the campus of a traditional Caucasian university to integrate North Texas. God I hope the black UNT students (with white, brown, yellow, etc.) attend this historical  event en mass.  Get Abner to talk about he & Leon’s experience when the Mean Green took a train from Denton to Houston to play the UH Coogs.  That story will move many to tears. 

Anyway, I hope all will take time to enjoy the UNT Homecoming & give the SL thing a short vacation.  There was a time in the last 2 seasons I thought he might need to be replaced, but we’ll see.  Like most, I hope we win on Saturday because doggone it—it’s our school. The UNT football team deserves a sellout. Lots of tickets have already been sold—we’ll see. 

Note:  How about that quickly rescheduled Homecoming Bonfire last night? Harry sent this pic to me from his IPhone. 7F641640-C487-4B45-90CD-D45B0588453D.jpeg.ca830ab86a30fa13be2e7484799b14c2.jpeg

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

You were a member of Lovers Lane Methodist Church, Tony?

Yes sir, both on Lover's lane and when they moved to NW Hwy & Inwood. My mom volunteered for Tom Shipp. I grew up running the halls of both locations, mostly the new one. Tom Landry would be one of the people running the collection plates during a service now and then.  

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

If we wins a conference championship, he returns. If he doesn’t, he is fired. I think it’s that simple. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think if we finish the regular season 8-4, he has to either win the CUSA championship or bowl game. If we drop another game and finish 7-5, he has to win the CUSA championship. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

It should be that simple

Or... And hear me out... What if for 2 million a year we could do better than being blown out in a sympathy bowl?

We fell for this same snake oil the last few contract extensions. We can do better than Seth. It's that simple

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, 97and03 said:

If we wins a conference championship, he returns. If he doesn’t, he is fired. I think it’s that simple. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think it really is that simple and I would bet Wren Baker wrote that down on a piece of paper in July and put it in his pocket like Kevin Costner in Draft Day....(just watched that the other day, ridiculous sports movie but actually quite entertaining)

• Upvote 1

On 11/3/2022 at 8:58 PM, NT80 said:

Wren has not hired a Football HC since he has been AD.  

It would be a keystone hire for this program, and for Wren's career to this point!

Wren can do better than overseeing a football program moving to the AAC stuck on .500

And no P5 short of Vanderbilt will hire him unless he can demonstrate he can hire and exceed expectations in football.  Yes, MBB is doing well, but imagine the questioning that a prospective employer would have for him... "So you've totally turned around MBB and most other Olympic sports at UNT, great job Mr Baker!  Tell me why at the same time you've also overseen the almost decade long decline and stagnation of UNT Football even as the payrolls have grown YOY." You think any P5 is going to give a shit about the old "RV hired Littrell not me!" line?

Wren's LinkedIn profile without a decent football program is half ass at best.  A P5 would rather hire a third year Assistant AD from top 50% SEC school than a long time G5 AD with a perpetually average football program.

• Thanks 1