'22 DL Offer: Tom Trieb; College of Dupage: No Rating

UNTLifer

6'3"  270lbs.

Also holds an offer from Ball State.

Looks like he signed with No. IL out of high school as a 6'2" 215 lb. athlete, transferred to College of Dupage (JUCO) and is now ready to go.  I would guess he is a 2 to play 2 since he was a 2019 HS grad.  Love this young man's video.  I think one of the most impressive highlights is him walking down a RB before the RB steps out of bounds.  Great motor.  He is abusing OT's.  They may be "soup cans", or he is making them look like soup cans.  I love the OT's reaction on the third or fourth play of his film.  I hope he is a top priority.

https://247sports.com/Player/Tom-Trieb-46054978/junior-college-273347/

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

6'3"  270lbs.

Also holds an offer from Ball State.

Looks like he signed with No. IL out of high school as a 6'2" 215 lb. athlete, transferred to College of Dupage (JUCO) and is now ready to go.  I would guess he is a 2 to play 2 since he was a 2019 HS grad.  Love this young man's video.  I think one of the most impressive highlights is him walking down a RB before the RB steps out of bounds.  Great motor.  He is abusing OT's.  They may be "soup cans", or he is making them look like soup cans.  I love the OT's reaction on the third or fourth play of his film.  I hope he is a top priority.

https://247sports.com/Player/Tom-Trieb-46054978/junior-college-273347/

• Enrolled in 2019 - Red Shirt
  • 2020 - JUCO- Red Shirt Freshman
  • 2021 - Covid rule - Still Red Shirt Freshman?
  • 2022 - Sophomore? 
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:
  • Enrolled in 2019 - Red Shirt
  • 2020 - JUCO- Red Shirt Freshman
  • 2021 - Covid rule - Still Red Shirt Freshman?
  • 2022 - Sophomore? 

It’s going to be a long 4 years of people never really getting used to that COVID extra year. To make things even more confusing, most teams across the country did list their players as having advanced a grade classification between 2020 and 2021. We did not, and I wish more teams did it that way. No consistency across the board.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

It’s going to be a long 4 years of people never really getting used to that COVID extra year. To make things even more confusing, most teams across the country did list their players as having advanced a grade classification between 2020 and 2021. We did not, and I wish more teams did it that way. No consistency across the board.

Schools are going to have screwed up rosters and scholarships /available offers until this cycle through. G's should be able to catch some really good HS players that get caught up in the numbers game. The risk is that they do well as Freshmen/Sophomores and transfer out. Still think the NCAA needs to come up with a better system to compensate lost scholarships to the portal. If a kid is pushed out - no replacement. If he leaves on his own they should have some fallback.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • BillySee58 changed the title to ‘22 JUCO DL Tom Trieb (College of Dupage)

https://247sports.com/Article/Tom-Trieb-DuPage-college-football-recruiting-174938377/

To date the 6-foot-3, 270-pound Trieb has been dominant this fall including a nation best 21.5 for loss and 11.5 sacks. He's had 20 quarterback hurries, four forced fumbles, two passes broken up including one he tipped to himself for an interception and he has a fumble recovery.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Trieb's highlights look like he just uses his natural ability to get by people, or bull rush.   Plus, dude looks country-strong, like he's just been eating a bunch of grains and working on a farm all his life.

I think once he gets in here with a real S&C program, and is coached up by a FBS-level DL coach...  😬 ... he'll turn into something really good! 

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

I didn't get back on GMG after the afternoon yesterday, I am very pleased with this signing his tape was incredible upon first view a few weeks ago and he seemed like a guy who would surely get an offer from a P5 in the Midwest. 

Great signing.

He's not listed as one the eight from yesterday. He sure looks like a good one.

• Upvote 1

Signed out of HS as a 215lb athlete.  Looks like he put on good weight and retained his athleticism.  Love the reaction of the OT that he beats on the third play in his Hudl video.  Also, the clips of him running down ball carriers is impressive.

• Upvote 2