Jump to content

Time to start questioning Seth?


mgfan

Recommended Posts

I believe Seth has taken this program as far as he can.  

No conference championship 

No bowl wins 

Struggles with teams who have records .500 or better. 

 

I don't understand they play calling.  Go for two 2 pts conversions but not an onside kick? 

Why doesn't he ever challenge a call?  There were at least 2 plays that were very close. 

Why leave fine in?  If he is here next year or not,  wouldn't it be vaulable to get a qb some reps? 

Seems like Graham was the reason for all the winning. 

What are y'alls thoughts? 

  • Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 3
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

YES

Play calling was amazingly  bad and no lines 4 years later.

I would give just about anything to see Fine with a real offensive line. 

It was time to deliver today in front of a great crowd and he shits the  bed, again. To me that was a must win game.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why didn't we TAKE THE WIND TO START the 3rd?

We need to get back in the game. 

If we expect to hold them, we want them to PUNT INTO THE WIND.

If we expect to score then we need to KO WITH THE WIND.

Their possesions in the 3rd:  First started at 40 due to short KO into the wind.  Second was KO return for TD due to short kick into the wind.  Third possession started on 42 due to short KO into the wind.  We stopped them but they punted to the 1.  YEA! We finally have the wind at our backs.  I guess SL's plan was to win it in the 4th down 21 from our own 1.

  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think so. He’s got more at his disposal than any NT coach has ever had and has no Bowl wins and no conference titles. You have to push progress and not complacency. McCarney peaked higher than Seth, he just dropped below Dickey’s worst when RV canned him. Seth has been consistently a hair above average. He’s got to be better than that, no excuses. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Victorygreen04 said:

Bowl losses don't make a coach bad. SL has turned our entire program around on and off the field he has got people to buy in like no other coach I have seen at UNT. 

This is what ADs across the Upper G5’s and the P5s believe. Which is why he will be gone here if he gets to 7 wins. The CFB world thinks this job is very hard. It’s the perception. We don’t get people drafted to the NFL and we suffered the worst loss in modern college football history before SL got here. These people think SL has performed a miracle by turning us into a winning program. And his offense is modern, which is partly why Dickey never got hired from here back in his SBC glory days. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

 He’s got more at his disposal than any NT coach has ever had and has no Bowl wins and no conference titles.

This is what bugs me the most.. when's the last time UNT won a conference championship? Every coach should have the ultimate goal of bringing home the trophy and winning championship games. Happy Seth has brought us 9-4 years, but he needs to start showing we can compete for 1st place..

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mgfan said:

I believe Seth has taken this program as far as he can.  

No conference championship 

No bowl wins 

Struggles with teams who have records .500 or better. 

 

I don't understand they play calling.  Go for two 2 pts conversions but not an onside kick? 

Why doesn't he ever challenge a call?  There were at least 2 plays that were very close. 

Why leave fine in?  If he is here next year or not,  wouldn't it be vaulable to get a qb some reps? 

Seems like Graham was the reason for all the winning. 

What are y'alls thoughts? 

My counter would be that if you feel Seth and company have maximized their potential, wait until the next yahoo the admin brings in - another Dodgeball or Carney disappointment.  It’s fanciful to think that just because North Texas had success a la a few 9 win seasons that now the Mean Green will dominate every OOC team - give HU credit, they’re a good team that beat us in special teams and at the line of scrimmage.  Nuff said.  Every arm chair QB now has an opinion of what they’d do differently or whatever...truth is, they got beat - someone has to lose, both teams can’t win.  All I’m saying is don’t throw the baby out with the bath water...it can be a lot worse, trust me.  Stop crying like little chicken that the sky is falling...the ceiling was high and we eclipsed it, now you feel entitled that we should further eclipse it like that Greek myth about the dude with the fake wings who flew too close to the sun and his wings melted or whatever...but I degrees... 

  • Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here’s what it would take for me to be worried about the future of Littrell here and consider moving on:

- Finish 7-5 or worse with no West Division Title and another bowl loss

- Lose the momentum on this 2020 class and have guys decommit

- Lose momentum with the 2021 class and get back to middle/back middle of CUSA

- Fail to adequately replace Fine and take another step back in the 2020 season

While it seems like that would take a lot, it’s also dangerously close if things actually spiral. I think we finish the season strong and are in the hunt, if not still front runners for that West Division title. But that happening is also imperative for the future of this program and recruiting.

We really need to finish this class strong and keep the recruiting momentum going for the 2021 class this offseason. Putting together 3 straight strong classes will give us a chance to reach the heights we mistakingly thought this group had a shot at.

  • Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BillySee58 said:

Here’s what it would take for me to be worried about the future of Littrell here and consider moving on:

- Finish 7-5 or worse with no West Division Title and another bowl loss

- Lose the momentum on this 2020 class and have guys decommit

- Lose momentum with the 2021 class and get back to middle/back middle of CUSA

- Fail to adequately replace Fine and take another step back in the 2020 season

While it seems like that would take a lot, it’s also dangerously close if things actually spiral. I think we finish the season strong and are in the hunt, if not still front runners for that West Division title. But that happening is also imperative for the future of this program and recruiting.

We really need to finish this class strong and keep the recruiting momentum going for the 2021 class this offseason. Putting together 3 straight strong classes will give us a chance to reach the heights we mistakingly thought this group had a shot at.

All of this could happen on a dime. And we're trending toward it more so than we are away from it happening. 

If I'm a Texas HS football player and I have a SMU - UNT - UH offer on the table, where do you do? And not just from the 2019 W/L, but the trajectory and trend of each program AND staff. Seems pretty simple who's getting one lined first. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

All of this could happen on a dime. And we're trending toward it more so than we are away from it happening. 

If I'm a Texas HS football player and I have a SMU - UNT - UH offer on the table, where do you do? And not just from the 2019 W/L, but the trajectory and trend of each program AND staff. Seems pretty simple who's getting one lined first. 

You’re right. It’s dangerously close to starting down that slippery slope. Just like in 2017, conference play presents a huge opportunity. Except this time there is much more at stake

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Moobs said:

My, my, my... How quickly we raise our standards. We waited until we lost to an FCS school 66-7 to fire the last guy. And now we want to fire this guy who has at least competed for several conference championships and taken us to several bowl appearances as we’re looking at another (at least) 6 or 7 win season and a bowl appearance. 
 

Maybe stop extending the contract and buyout. But fire him?  Come on!  Give me a break!

No. Don't fire him. But the warmer needs to be turned on. He has won nothing. Lost the majority of 'big' games in what is standard Seth Littrell blowout fashion. He then rambles in coach speak while making no staff changes as if everything is hunky dory. 

And the question I always ask myself about most purchases I make, is there value there...Am I getting a good deal. Well, at 1.8M, is there value there? Are we getting a good deal? Or could I place my money elsewhere for the same product at literally half the cost? 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Tell a friend

    Love GoMeanGreen.com? Tell a friend!
  • What's going on Mean Green?

    1. 7

      We Need To Pack The Pit for WBB Tuesday Night

    2. 57

      East Carolina (3/3/24)

    3. 0

      ‘25 WR Braden Blueitt - Colleyville Heritage

    4. 6

      Details of 2Pac deals with MWC, WCC

  • Popular Contributors

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      15,361
    • Most Online
      1,865

    Newest Member
    ZacSr
    Joined
  • GEOVbwaWAAEbd3Q.jpg

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.